This Community is NOT trash (imho)

Options
Evilhorst
Evilhorst Member Posts: 103
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Hello Guys, i see a lot of people complaining about the community of DBD. We make fun this community a lot for beeing toxic and talking trash in chat after the game. Sometimes wars between communities and Streamers doing some dumb stuff, like what is currently going on between two content creators, shed a bad light on this community. I get a lot of hate comments as a killer. I have to delete comments from my steam profile on a regular basis, even though i try my best to never tunnel or camp and i NEVER use Noed. I am not suggesting that all these things are always bad, but they are causing the most hateful comments.

We have seen nonsense like the Claudette-Face Bubba thing on Reddit and we tend to think "man this community sucks".

I just want to say that in my opinion and experience the DBD community is not worse than others. ACTUALLY i cannot remember the last time i got to know so many great people by just playing a game. This community is incredibly diverse when it comes to its content creators and the people playing the game. The game itself does a lot to achieve this too! For every game you get facecamped by Bubba there is a game, where the killer gives you the hatch. For every game you get tunneled, or people dc, there are games where you can just do dumb spontanous stuff with the Killer. I see people who never met each other before, working with each other to finish the archive challenges. There are so many moments where people are just beeing wholesome without anything or anyone forcing them to be. All the Toxicity that of course does exist in this game, can be seen in other popular games too. In german the word "Zeitgeist" describes the Mentalitiy of a society in a specific time. I just believe that right now, due to MANY MANY reasons the Zeitgeist right now is becoming toxic overall. Its not this games fault. Humankind was not ready for the Internet.

Please do not forget the powerful wholesome side of this game. The very reason why so many people still are playing it even though its an arguably flawed game. I would like us to embrace this side of our Community more, when talking about DBD. I just cannot stand the self loathing some people do.

Comments

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    Options

Use the Noed to you're advantage my friend, don't allow survivors to pull the wool over you're eyes.

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129
    Options

You're so right, I had three people downed at the exit gate while playing wraith (I was friendly). And they all lined up where the grass met the stone (on autohaven) I instantly knew what they were doing. I ringed my bell three times and then on the fourth they raced to the exit. the cutest bunch i've ever seen

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919
    Options

God no, it's amazing. Yesterday I got a message from a survivor telling me that they love my build.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Dude. Camping, tunneling or Noed aren't toxic in the slightest. That's like saying hitting great skillchecks as a survivor is toxic. Do whatever helps you win matches or whatever lets you have more fun from the game.

• Evilhorst
    Evilhorst Member Posts: 103
    Options

I was never trying to suggest that they are always toxic. Its not a binary thing. It sure can be used in a way to be toxic, i think that is undeniable. But of course i also believe camping and tunneling is totally fine to a degree. Noed i just honestly believe is unfair, thats why i do not use it. Other people may think differently.

The point i was trying to make, that i do get insulted for these things WITHOUT me actually doing it. Like People are just twisting their definitions to make that claim. For example people say you tunneled even though everyone was on death hook before the first kill.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

It happened the same to me, but I was against a Deathslinger.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options

I think this community is like any other community; it can be braindead at times, while it can also be wholesome at times. Many people just seem to focus on that one bad side, that's why it has such a bad reputation. But this community is genuinely not bad.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Noed is definitely an unfair perk, so is tunneling and camping to the survivor receiving it, but none of these are toxic in any way. As long as you are using game features to play the game more efficiently you are not toxic. They may be unfair but that's something that needs to be fixed by the developers, not the players. To be toxic you need to be intentionally abusing other players just for your enjoyment, which can be done in many different ways.

Those are the kind of people that can't accept that they lost fair and square and try to blame it on anything else other than themselves. If anyone's toxic in that scenario, it's those people. I enjoy getting those kinds of messages since that tells me I managed to annoy a toxic player who likely would have insulted me for losing if I did.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 938
    Options

One man's trash is another man's pot-pourri.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,793
    Options

it's funny to make fun of the people on reddit and steam forums though

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,997
    Options
  • QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

The positive definitely outweighs the negative from what I've seen with this community.

I've met a lot of great people on here like @Dabihwow, @Beelzeboop, @glitchboi, and @GeneralV. I've also met one of my closest friends through this game as well.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2021
    Options

Just played a good, competitive, tricky match on Midwich against the Clown. He won all but one kill, further reiterating for me that killers do just fine on that map, but I digress.

After the match, as I was preparing the comment "Very close, good tricky game", a fellow survivor (one who lost) said "wow, what a bunch of useless teammates". I said "Relax, everyone played well, you can't win them all". The survivor said "that's just it, YOU cost us the win". Which is funny because I did nothing wrong, I didn't run headfirst for a camped hook like one of the other survivors did, bringing us to 2 mobile players and one door open. The other mobile player ran out, leaving everyone else behind. The hooked and camped survivor died while Clown took the other downed survivor to another hook. That's when I made my move, but the Clown popped out from the stairs and downed me for my second hook. No one was "at fault", the Clown just played better and had a bit of luck on his side.

I told the salty survivor that his tirade gives all survivors a bad name. He said "go ruin someone else's game". He then said (referring to my name), "you play like a rat". I don't think he even knew which player he was responding to, being that I did two gens, three heals, and two unhooks. Either way I told him "that's funny, you whine like a mule". He countered with "You suck D like a ###".

Total killer post-match saltiness: Still zero.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Right back at ya <3

Thank you, my friend, I really appreciate it!

• QwQw
    Options
  • Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

I rarely see nice people. i avoid the chat to say something nice, because there will always be someone who will insult me or the others.

I still remember the players i played with once. they apologized for not being able to save me from the hook. i said no problem and we ended this 'conversation' with "have fun and have a good day." it really warmed my heart and i hope to find people like them again.

-

This community is not worse than the other communities i used to play.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

Huh, I always thought that I was one of the worse people in this community.

The more you know.

• QwQw
    Options

Why would you think that? Because it sure as ######### ain't true.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

I've been waiting for someone to ask that!

I'm overly critical and overtly argumentative, and I'm eager to point out minute details for the sake of stroking my own ego as much as actually helping the person I'm criticizing. I also tend to pretend to have authority when my only qualification is personal experience. Plus, I tend to make passive aggressive remarks in the end game chat if I didn't have a good game, which contributes to the overall toxicity of the community. And I'm an edgelord if you couldn't tell by some of my comments.

Also, thanks for the kind words. I don't get those very often.

• QwQw
    Options

Everyone has their flaws, (trust me, I'm stuffed full of em'), but I can, in fact, confirm that your good quality's far outweigh any bad ones you may have.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,981
    Options
  • QwQw
    Options