Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Which Original Killer Has The Best Backstory/Lore?

Zesty
Zesty Member Posts: 380

Please pick from one of the option below and tell me why?

Options may have multiple killers, but please just talk about 1!

Which Original Killer Has The Best Backstory/Lore? 45 votes

Trapper
0%
Wraith
11%
ShoobyThr_ustBadonkadonkBigBallt0x1c 5 votes
Hillbilly
11%
DarkMagikWishIcouldmain[Deleted User]GuiltiiGGSlushy 5 votes
Nurse/Hag/Doctor
11%
White_OwlkodiakyCheeseAntonArialBeelzeboop 5 votes
Huntress/Clown/Spirit
15%
musstang62Dr_LoomisGeneralVGannTM[Deleted User]WormMilkSirGando 7 votes
Legion/Plague/Oni
31%
AdelooTapeKnotGlamourousLeviathanYatolElcopolloMadLordJackDerZuntorDwightFairfieldDoritoHeadBetrayed_TalionDistortedDreamryseterionWexlerWendigoFoxy_Teltac 14 votes
Deathslinger/Blight/Twins
8%
Awkward_FiendSOMENINJANAMEQwQwFyronyk 4 votes
Trickster
11%
FreddoChurchofPigglitchboiZestyTrickstaaaaa 5 votes

Comments

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Legion/Plague/Oni

I love Plague's lore a lot. I could go on a ramble about this, however someone on youtube known as Pixel Bush Entertainment made a wonderful video about it:

this one is specifically about the Maiden Guard, but he also has another video on his channel that goes over her other lore.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Call me biased, but Blight.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Legion/Plague/Oni

Plague

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
    Trickster

Most of the story are simple. But trickster is by far the most detailed up to a date. A star who is a psycho, you can't beat the story of so called famous person.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,956
    Legion/Plague/Oni

Plague

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129
    edited June 2021
    Wraith

wraith's is brutal, shows how he's not a fan of killing and working in crime. he was a good person before too, his transformation into what he is now along with his tome story gives me the chills

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129
    edited June 2021
    Wraith

you're not biased, he literally drank entity piss. VERY COOL!

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768
    Legion/Plague/Oni

I like how both best killer lores in the game are at the same poll option. Adiris and Kazan are definitely the best by far. Legion here is the odd one out, as much as I love them, it's just a basic teenage-killer story with a sprinkle of Manson family inspiration, as for now at least.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Legion/Plague/Oni

I didn't read the lore from her Rift yet, but Plague backstory is really good.

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Nurse/Hag/Doctor

Doctor is my personal favorite.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866
    Huntress/Clown/Spirit

I love Spirit’s lore

• Arial
    Arial Member Posts: 134
    Nurse/Hag/Doctor

The Doctor's story is even better because it's grounded in real life

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

Doctor's is my personal favorite, however I don't think it's the best due to it not having much to go off of prior to Archive II.

Plague's and Twins' are both fantastic due to them being sympathetic and how they're just as much victims as the survivors who they're forced to kill.

Personally, I'm going for Twins since I know a lot of people aren't going to vote for them since everybody has a hate boner for them.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Legion/Plague/Oni

I really like Plague's lore.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Legion/Plague/Oni

Plague has this on lock, I wouldn’t be mad if she got another tome before some other characters

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Huntress/Clown/Spirit

Clown, because it's very realistic.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Legion/Plague/Oni

Plague.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Hillbilly

Hillbilly because we see he goes through pain and abuse no one should. And he is created from the environment around him.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445
    Legion/Plague/Oni

Yes you can. Just because its detailed doesn't mean its good. Trickster has decent base lore but without a tome its not the best. Plague, oni and billy have by far the best lore just from realism, to relatability, to simple entertainment. The morals of the story and how the characters feel are very important to who they are and how we feel about them. This is also why nurse and hags tome lore sucks balls. They dont fit with their actual characters base lore, ruining the experience.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Nurse/Hag/Doctor

I'm not the best at explaining why I picked Doctor... So I'll let someone else do it instead. Weird how 2 People on this thread shown a video by the same guy

Basically, he's possibly the most influential killer when it comes to killer's backstories (as other killers before just explaining why they are who they are. Doctor was the first who described a "want" in their lore, as Doctor wasn't dealt a bad hand like the other killers, he pushed himself to become a killer due to his personal wants). Secondly, holy crap is he brutal as heck. If the CIA had to stop him for being too brutal after hiring him for what he did in his tome entry, it asks what the hell did he do?

For multiple reasons explained way better than I can in the video, Doctor is by far my favorite original killer (possibly character, I just have Ace as my pfp because I play him slightly/moderately/considerably more often than Doctor) in the game and no killer comes close to him. His lore and design just add to it