Totems Placement should get a rework

D3spair
D3spair Member Posts: 715
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Can you guys please rework Totem placement?

Just don't make it so obvious... I know I'm blessed with bad RNG as lately most of my totems are gone a minute into the game because Survivors are spawning next to them or they're in the open like this image

Devs wants people to find and do bones but at least make it harder for them.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• GenJockeyNance
    GenJockeyNance Member Posts: 687

I had this thought one time that killer could pick placement of their totems. Giving survivors a chance to scrounge for them and maybe killer a shot at having their totem up for longer than 20 seconds. Dunno how this idea would work but it's an idea I had.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Yeah, even though we went through a graphical rework the placements on Autohaven are still trash.

• D3spair
    edited June 2021

Yea got my Devour Hope outside of Wretched Shop in the open for all to see, Inspired me to make this post.

Post edited by D3spair on
  • Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,395

Sad, just wish they at least they didn't put totems right next to generators.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

Seriously wish they would remove killer shack totems those are the most trash and obvious totem spots in the game

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,307

They don't need a complete rework, just the ones out in the open need to be moved. I've been running Inner Strength and I've been noticing that it is harder to find totems than they've ever been, except for a few here and there.

• D3spair

I disagree, The perfect map imo for totems is Lerys.

In Lerys, the totems that are in the open are incased/ in boxes which makes them hidden and harder to find. All obvious totem spots should be like this as their is an increasing perk trend for finding totems.

Hex Totem should be hidden while Dull totems can stay in the open.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561

I'm all for the idea of allowing the killer to place totems where he wants to be honest, I wish devs listen to the ideas that people post here...

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209

It would be nice if totems were only visible within so many feet, were truely random or seen only with the right perk.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 617

I was taking a break during the last change to totems, and I have to say they are in an excellent place now that I've returned. They are often inside objects and even covered by bushes or bamboo. Even using maps and perks they can be hard to find sometimes.

I don't think a rework is necessary. They can't and shouldn't always be completely hidden. It's supposed to be random. If you don't like that they are sometimes out in the open, don't use hex perks or use even more hex perks like the totem cloning one. Simple as that. It used to be 75% of the time the lit totems would spawn on a hill like a beacon to be seen across every map. I feel like they did a great job with the last changes.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

I'm pretty sure totems spawning out in the open right next to survivors right next to where they spawned, is intended. I'm pretty sure the dev team wants totems to be extremely easy to find, I mean why else would they put a totem literally right next to a generator in plain view FROM the generator. My advice is don't run hex perks other than haunted grounds, they are bad spawns 95% of the time and you just set yourself up for stress. Just run pop and corrupt.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,523

Stop using Hex perks, their positioning will not be fixed and BHVR is giving Survivors more tools to find and cleanse them, the only way to win the hex game is to not play the hex game.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 336

That is pretty bad. Had my Devour Hope right on the exact top of a hill near the gas station, in the open...nothing blocking it. It looked like a freakin lighthouse...you could easily see it any time you looked toward the gas station. I have no clue how they never saw it. (I'm almost convinced Devour Hope is programed to spawn in terrible spots.)

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

Bringing hex perks is a risk/reward.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

This needs to be fixed since the last 2 years. They fixed the lighthouse totem (ontop of the hill), now they reimplemented it....

I don't think every map should be like Saloon or Midwich for totems, but they should be well hidden enough.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,266

Nah, Hex Perks should always be at least decently easy to find, that's the risk of bringing them.

Having every totem spot like Lerys would be unfair, especially with perks like Devour Hope, which literally win you the game if they're not found.

Besides, we have Hex: Undying and Hex: Thrill of the Hunt to lessen the risk of losing Hex totems early.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,373

I have to disagree with you on that, the totem spots on most indoor maps are too good. You shouldn't equip a hex and be confident that it will stay active all game.

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    edited June 2021

What about if every Hex perk don't be completely destroyed after the totem is destroyed?

Ruin, keeps the increased regression speed.

Lullaby, keeps the increased penalty regresion.

Devour, keeps the speed bonus after hooking. (delete need two tokens to unlock)

Noed, keeps the speed bonus.

Blood Favour, delete cooldown from base-perk, have cooldown if destroyed.

Crowd Control, only 1 window blocked at the same time, like bamboozle.

Retribution, keeps aura reading after broken any totem.

Third Seal, Only 1 survivor Blinded at the same time, every time you hit a different survivor it changes to the new one.

ThrillOfHunt, extra 50% bonus bloodpoints in the Hunter category during all the match.

Undying, keeps aura reading.

• Spill
    Spill Member Posts: 235

Totem spawns are fine. That's the gamble you make for brining game changing perks. Don't bring hexes then

• D3spair

Watch this for 10 seconds.

A Survivor spawns next to a hex totem while the rolling animation for Scott is still playing.

Totems Spawns are not fine.

• WaveyTrey
    WaveyTrey Member Posts: 646
  • LeQuack
    LeQuack Member Posts: 6

I'd be a lot more inclined to give Hexes a try if they stopped spawning in lousy locations like on top of hills. It never fails, whenever I run a Hex, it spawns in the open and breaks before I can finish traversing the map. There's "risky to use" and "you're a fool if think running this is a good idea" and with the current totem spawns Hexes are firmly in the latter camp.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

For those who are saying totem placements are fine and having them spawn out in the open with a bright red flag waving over and a neon sign pointing to them is fine and is part of the high risk and high reward portion of the hexes, ok then question for you. If you're ok with totems spawning in obvious locations out in the open and waving at survivors, then we should get rid of some of these anti-totem perks that help you with tracking and cleansing them quicker. Sounds fair to me. Doesn't seem fair having a totem pop up next to a generator or having survivors spawn next to them, waving and saying hi during the opening rotation scene, while you also have perks like Detective's Hunch that highlight where totems are at on top of them spawning in open and obvious places. Just seems like overkill to me. So either rework the spawn locations or rework the totem perks. Can't have both.