Can you guys stop nerfing fine killers

kate_best_girl
kate_best_girl Member Posts: 2,184
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Like we're really starting up the Spirit hate train AGAIN? This has been discussed over and over. Spirit is FINE where shes at. We should be allowed to have a strong killer and not have the community up in arms crying because they can't effectively 5 gen chase a pro spirit,

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I thought this was going to be about twins and I was going to be like YEAH. but alas

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Hate to play as her, but she is fun to verse. It's nice to have a killer where stalling with chase isn't the best/easy answer. Though I don't know what everyone else is doing wrong that the abundant defense resources disappear. When killed, I give kudos to the player not blame the design.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

Spirit is far from fine. She's the only killer in this game where I see her and I don't even want to play the match out. It's that bad. Even if you escape, you don't feel like you won. You got LUCKY and that isn't a great feeling.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,013

no

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

She's a very random killer in the game, she forces survivors into ridiculously risky situation without really doing much at all, plus she's incredibly easy to use at the start. Any Spirit who just stands still will cause insane levels of stress against a survivor, literally. Just. By. Standing. Still. It's a 50-50 gamble if you get hit or not, yet so many people disagree with this claims when there's irrefutable evidence to support these claims

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

You can't 20-second chase a mediocre Spirit, either. There's no skill involved, it's just guesswork, except the Spirit has to guess less and less as she gets better at picking out environmental sounds... Or just equips Stridor.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

To be fair, that's also how I feel when I realise I got matched with a 3-person SWF and we steamroll a good Nurse.

Not that that makes Spirit fine, there's so many little things about her that take all the fun away until there's nothing left but this big black hole of anti-fun where nothing you do really matters and everyone's annoyed.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Now THIS we can agree on. Spirit's not a fun killer to go against and playing her feels cheap.

• Bonquiqui414
    Bonquiqui414 Member Posts: 222

Yes the only killer who gets rewarded for not using their power is “fine”

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

spirit hate is already long enough you just miss the train buddy, and this has been discussed over and over. Spirit is NOT FINE where shes at

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,837

Never! We will not stop until every single killer is on the same power level as trickster when he first came out and then will start all over again

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Spirit needs nerf but others good and balanced. I can not imagine anyone will want nerf for them.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

Spirit is a very unpredictable killer with little counter play and an easy to use, strong power and very strong addons, making her very easy to play and very frustrating to go against. Spirit is not fine.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Spirit is not fine, she can stay strong just give her counterplay in chase

• RaingerPlaysDBD
    RaingerPlaysDBD Member Posts: 27

As does Nurse, but no one is up in arms about that? Even after her Rework/Nerf she still has no Counters, so all Counterplay Survivors can do revolves around the Nurse messing up. Same is said for Spirit. Survivors can attempt to do things to avoid her power, but in the end it's the Spirits mistake that the Survivor is capitalizing on. Are we saying, that since the Nurse significantly more time to master than Spirit, that her overwhelming power is justified?

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

Stand still as spirit.

Congrats! that's all you had to do to make the survivor have no clue as to what you could possibly be doing

• Northener1907

Who is speaking about nerf Wraith, they have to get good. Wraith is balanced killer.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
  • sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

No, you all gave 1 reason only: "i cant outplay her in a chase".

thats basicly the only reason you gave.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

Here, have a reason.

You can't make a meaningful choice against her because she gives you no information, unlike literally every other killer in the game.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Nerf her to the ground! Or at least make her shimmer more prominent when phasing.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158

Billy needs more nerfs, honestly

/s

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

I mean, as survivor you kinda have 2 possible ways of finishing gens:

1. Stalling the killer in chase so there is plenty of time for survivors to mess about a bit.

2. Genrushing.

Do you think genrushing is fun? Because that's the only reason Spirit is "fine". She can still be genrushed.

I don't consider that an argument, any killer can be genrushed. Some just easier than others. That doesn't make her "fine".

• Tsulan

Its almost like mindgames against widescreen monitor survivors...

• Northener1907

Ah yes, i saw this topic. Most community agree Wraith is fine. On topic people also said he is okey. So some people can not change that because Wraith is not op. He is strong but survivors have chance against him.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
  • Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Nurse also has issues. Thing is, you don't really encounter Nurse often as she isn't easy to play. Heck, Hag can be extremely difficult to play against due to her disgusting add-ons that amplify her already powerful basekit. But in both cases, at least they know how to play killer.

I have faced too many Spirits in red ranks that claim Spirit is the only killer viable in red ranks because they get demolished as any other killer. Since they do well as Spirit, they assume it's an issue with the other killers being too weak or too hard, while it's quite the opposite.

Making Spirit harder to play by removing scratchmarks while she phases would be 1 improvement I would love to see. It doesn't take away her power, it just forces more guesswork on the Spirit. Legion doesn't see scratchmarks or blood while moving 20% slower AND being unable to down survivors in his frenzy. So why would Spirit need it at all?

Taking away some of her tracking at least adds some skill to Spirit. Because I don't think it's the lack of info that makes Spirit so annoying to verse against. It's the amount of info that Spirit has access to.

I mean, remove scratchmarks, and you can run straight, left, right or at any other angle without her even hearing you, even if she runs Stridor unless she's up close already, at which point she can't hit you with a burst phase and then keep chasing you as you don't leave scratchmarks and thus have a wider range of places you can run to without her knowing.

• odra

i agree with this one too count as three, but that's the separate issue this need to be fixed by dev too, widescreen should not give survivor advantage over non widescreen survivor

• Tsulan

But you won´t see a widescreen monitor nerf or fix or anything in that regard.

Issue with nerfing good killers is, that the devs go full armageddon on them. Just look at Billy. His slight rework changed him from the most balanced killer to a unicorn. No one plays him anymore (outside of dailys).

• odra

this is actually no one asking for billy nerf / rework, dev just full armageddon on this, i even don't want to play as him anymore and not fun to play as survivor

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,725

//

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

It doesn’t have anything to do with strength. The problem is outplaying a Spirit typically comes down to luck, and guessing where survivors have no information to make informed guesses.

She can literally stand still and get free hits, she’s ridiculously easy to pick up and win with at red ranks. This is super silly, compared to how much harder Blight and especially Nurse are. S tier killers are fine, easy killers are fine, but an easy S tier killer is not healthy for the meta. When Spirit gets nerfed, we will be left with many killers who don’t know how to play without her OP power and derank extremely fast. Same ######### happened with Freddy.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

You know some other, really good strong killers with counterplay?

Oni, Blight, Huntress, Wraith, Freddy, Pyramid Head, even Nurse to some degree. (Definitely less counterplay then the others, but still some options in the 1v1.)

The counterplay to Spirit's 1v1?

Running 2-3 perks (Spine Chill, Lucky Break and Ironwill) and hoping that she's bad and doesn't know how to do short phases, doesn't have Stidor if you're only running one of those perks, throwing down every pallet asap, and attempting scratch mark jukes (which, again, is hoping the Spirit is bad at short phases or just doesn't do them, and only goes for long phases.)

Meanwhile, the Spirit can pretty much stand still and do nothing to win a 1v1. And it's kinda not fair for the Survivors to have to bring 3 perks to hope to counter one killer, nor is it fair for Survivors to get no decent counterplay in the 1v1, considering that it's the only chase interactions they get, and many SWFs (and obviously solos) don't want 5 minute long games where they just hold m1 on gens. They want to have fun with their buds or relax and play some DBD, not sweat bullets to hope to Survive against a Spirit. (Especially since beating her requires coordination that Solo Survivors and anything under a 4 man group aren't gonna have...)

Add all of that in with her insane add-ons and the fact that not every Survivor group you face is going to be a hardcore death squad (or that solos can't even hope to be the level of team they need to be to beat a good Spirit.) and she's just not fun or healthy for the game. I know I personally don't want her nerfed to the ground, but I do want to be able to play her without knowing most Survivors won't be able to do anything against me either.

(And I know Xeno said on Twitter he's making a Spirit counterplay guide, and I'll definitely watch it when it comes out but... I don't really have the highest of hopes it'll be the counterplay we've been asking for. I'm willing to see it out, and I hope it is what we want, but I just don't know if it's going to be things most players can use in Solo games to give themselves a fighting chance versus Spirit.)

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,725
    edited June 2021

That spirit counterplay guide is gonna work perfectly in comp settings but probably can't be applied to public games, making it null and void.

It's a casual game, not a competitive one. I really don't trust competitive people in terms of which killers can be countered easily when all of them are coordinated rush squads, which will literally counter every killer in dbd.

• unluckycombo
    unluckycombo Member Posts: 582

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well! I just didn't want to completely disregard it before I see it.

I do agree though, I don't generally trust competitive players when it comes to balance- because of how they play, like you stated, and pretty much everyone agrees that it's a boring thing to both play and play against. Imho the game would die if we moved to balancing around the competitive scene lol.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Reminder that the person Tru3Ta1ent used as having counter play said she didn’t have reasonable counter play outside of competitive.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

@Predated

You can waste just as much time forcing the killer to search and patrol. If the team is spread out, that takes a huge toll in travel time and the killer still needs search. Sometimes chase is best kept as a last resort more so when areas can be weak in useful looping tiles.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Adn what would meaningful choiced lead to? its just part of the other argument, really.

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 205

Take it from someone who plays in the comp scene, you don't want to balance this game around it. The whole thing would be a shitshow.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Rework=/= nerf

nah, I just actually want to have fun plsying as/against her

Shes too easy to play and very boring to play against

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe

Meaningful choice leads to skillful interaction between both parties that has a higher chance of ending in favor of the more skilled player.

As opposed to having no meaningful choice and your skill doesn't matter half as much as your ability to just guess correctly.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Spirit isn't fine her "counterplay" as I've been shown is just guesses. Not toe mention she also her busted add-ons and Stridor eliminates the slight chance survivors have of trash tricking a Spirit.