am i in the wrong

Options
akanadi
akanadi Member Posts: 242

so i played a round of bubba there was a felix that got farmed and i was bubba so i took advantage over that i downed the felix and picked him up because he's dead on hook so before i kill him he dc's and complained in end game chat because "i play to win"

Comments

• DeathBeam
    DeathBeam Member Posts: 259
    Options

No, you can play whatever way you want no matter how bad the survivors hate it. It's his teammate's fault for doing an unsafe hook.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Yet again another instance that survivors want the killer to hold their hand and let them get away with a big mistake.

Let me just say that, no you are not in the wrong. That play was on the survivor for farming a survivor off hook without BT. Not your fault for doing your objective.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Definitely not in the wrong especially if it was necessary to capitalize on but I would've personally slugged the Felix and punished the farmer. Hate people who do that.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

You can't be in the wrong for anything you do in-game, providing it's within the rules. Tunnelling off hook, camping, playing to win, playing with NOED, running 4 slowdowns, bringing BNP, whatever, are all fine. You're never in the wrong for playing a certain way unless you're actually cheating or abusing exploits. No need to worry about it or make forum posts about it, the answer is always gonna be no.

• redsopine00
    redsopine00 Member Posts: 905
    Options

I had this the other night some salty Red rank was calling me a bad player when they and there entire team screwed up big time after I gave a huge indication I had all seeing on wraith after I did a lunge twice round the basement corner on them (it was on Hawkins and the basement was near the stairs going upstairs) yet they and there team kept hiding near the basement and rushing unhooks and somehow there screw ups means I’m a bad player and a loser when I won easily.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919
    Options

No, I mean you intended to play the game normally as killer, so you were gonna go for him regardless. You just decided to do it sooner rather than later.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

I wouldn't say it was "wrong," but the kinder thing to do is not to kill the person who just got farmed by their blighted teammates. In that situation, I would probably slug the Felix and chase the unhooker, unless it was near the end of the game and I needed a kill so I didn't just lose.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

It's scummy but that's mostly the fault of his teammates.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Picking up a survivor like that is not really optimal tbh. A DS there could cost you the game.

• Onykron
    Onykron Member Posts: 62
    Options

if it were up to survivors they would demand an offering that puts a protective invincibility bubble around you until someone else is hooked, that way it would be "fair"

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I would have answered him, "and I see your playing to lose strategy is working... keep up the good work."

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,532
    Options

It's not wrong, it's probably not the most fun thing for the Felix as they had no control over being unhooked or not...but it happens and you just move on from it.

I don't tend to rehook someone who's been farmed off the hook like that - I go for the unhooker after slugging the person who was hooked, it also creates more pressure that way, as there's one survivor slugged, one being chased and one that will go and get the slugged survivor up.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    edited June 2021
    Options

As killer you are always in the wrong, so don't care and play for the win, for the fun or both.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

The thing is though, the killer IS letting them get away with this behaviour. The killer “being in on it” so to speak just reinforces the idea in those jerks heads that it’s ok to continue being jerks. Sure, the killer didn’t do anything wrong as per the game rules, but it’s certainly very distasteful. There’s something pretty wretched about rules that allow circumstances in which both the opposition AND your (supposed) team mates make a match as infuriating and miserable as possible.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477
    Options

Yes. You shouldn’t punish him for his teammates stupidity

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242
    Options
  • gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

It's not your fault that his team screwed him but there's no reason why you couldn't have slugged him and chased the other person for a more fun match.

You're just rewarding the idiot who made the stupid play and punishing the player who did nothing wrong.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,126
    Options

How dare you play to win.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

This 100%! I usually slug the unhooked guy (not his fault he got farmed). I will always punish the person that farms people.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    Options

This. As others have stated, it's not really Felix's fault that his teammates are jerks but it is 1000% up to you how to punish the survivors in that situation. If you give them the full punishment and hook Felix, awesome, you do you. If you slug Felix and let him get punished with time rather than a hook, awesome, you do you too.

Unless the game is going very badly for me or I'm in a particularly pissy mood, I generally will slug the Felix since he had no control over the situation but you did nothing wrong if you choose to punish the survivor team for making a stupid play.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

Not in the wrong at all.

I was farmed off hook last night by my teammates and was down, hooked and killed. It happens and its not the killers fault.

People like to point the finger at the killer but most of the time its your own teammates getting you killed... solo life is so fun x.x

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

So i got still something to learn, so teach me please. how do you take protection hits vs a bubbas Chainsaw?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

The only times i do this as survivor is when the killer refuses to leave the area and just keeps making eye contact with the hook every 5 to 10 seconds. Normally i will take a hit though since i run wglf.