We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

Trickster Makes Me Want To Uninstall.

ItzPixelYT
ItzPixelYT Member Posts: 613
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Literally every Trickster i play against is terrible but because of his dumb design it's literally impossible to get distance from a hook especially with his "main event" where he can literally throw 100 knives at you with his base kit too...what dev thought this was actually a good idea to have in the game? Literally just delete him, i'd rather keep playing against Spirits and Nurses instead of this trash.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,897

I've seen someone compare trickster to old legion actually

• ItzPixelYT

Lol i was snaking against this man on Springwood with BT he uses in main event on me on my death hook with injured survivors around i get Endurance and then i vault the fence in front of school with lithe and he's still going with main even and downs me before i can get round the corner...it's literally just look at a survivor and spam they'll go down. Terrible design

• ItzPixelYT

I just hate everything about him, his music, the knives sound effects and the laceration noises

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267
  • ItzPixelYT

I think Trickster & Blight make Twins & Slinger a fun match up.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009
    edited June 2021

Meh, he can't camp harder than Twins, Hag, or Bubba.

He doesn't punish being in a dead zone nearly as hard as Bubba, Huntress, Deathslinger, enraged Oni, Blight, or Billy.

He can't tunnel as hard as a Billy, Spirit, Blight, or Nurse.

He isn't nearly no effort required as Freddy, Cannibal, Wraith, or Spirit.

He isn't a M1 simulator like Legion.

Nor is his noises constant for matches like Doctor, Nurse, Plague, or Freddy are.

I think the lesson is nobody is fun to face.

• ItzPixelYT

Most Killers are fun to face imo. Just not this guy, i've hated him since day one...his power just literally makes no sense and neither does his design

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

At least twins are kinda unique and kicking Victor is kinda funny.

Fighting trickster is like huntress but without the satisfaction of dodging a hatchet since he has 59 more

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,173

Look hard enough and you can find complaints about every killer.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

This guy gets it.

"Trickster is weak", "Trickster is lame", "Trickster is underpowered". Those things could all be true. But you know what else he is, to SURVIVORS? A massive, throbbing, pain in the ass. He doesn't actually DO anything. All it takes to be annoyed in a Trickster match is for him to spot you from fifty feet away. Then boom, here comes 3,247 knives. Run back and forth, back and forth, behind obstacles, roundabout trees, etc., just play a damn game of dodgeball. And since he DOES have what is essentially an infinite amount of knives that can go clear across the ######### map, all he has to do is keep spamming them until a relative small amount connect. It's pretty much a mathematical certainty that sooner or later he's going to down you, not because of skill but because of sheer attrition.

Man, you should have played when was first released. He was the only character anyone played for WEEKS. Thank god now he only shows up like once every 3-4 days. Let him be forgotten and ignored for the rest of time as he deserves to be, the lame pansy Kpop freak.

• Trickstaaaaa

Don't think I agree with you man. I don't mind the trickster I only lost 2 times vs him. I honestly view trickster matches as a free win. While I do understand what you mean however, most trickster will camp since he is a weak killer. But I clearly have escaped from the majority of camping trickster, and even from a basement camping trickster. But I don't think he is hard to loop as well, since all you have to do is go behind tall walls and run around it.

• VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Ahh what it must be like to be a low rank Survivor facing Tricksters and losing to that good looking guy. Here in the red ranks I get to lose against sweaty Nurses, Blights, Wraiths, and Spirit for 99% of my matches without my team (solo) having any chance of actual victory.

• Trickstaaaaa

Completely disagree I rather go against a trickster vs a huntress any day, since her hitboxes with the hatchets are the 2 second worst hitboxes only beaten by freedy's hitboxes. And trickster honestly is easy to loop compared to a huntress since all you have to do is go behind a tall object and run around it. I'm not even kidding I looped a couple of trickster for 5 gens and managed to escape every time. I have not looped many huntresses for 5 gens. And I'm sorry those slugging machines no way, for me at least..

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 359

I don't know how this was accomplished, but he is awful to play and at the same time miserable and boring to play against. They really hit the mark with this killer.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 359

I also think huntress is miserable to play against, bc I have good internet i get hit around everything, same with deathslinger.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

There’s the thing. Running around a tall object isn’t fun since with trickster it’s either that or you go to a low wall loop and are fighting what is essentially old legion

• ItzPixelYT

I'm Rank 1 Devotion level 10. Rank literally means nothing anyone can pretty much kill anyone on this game if they're going to camp and tunnel with a spammy killer...but nice try.

• ItzPixelYT

I've been playing daily for the past 2 years haha I remember when he first came out and before they buffed him to just make him more stupid to play against. People can say what they want about him though he spawns with essentially 8/9 health states with a range basekit. Huntress only spawns with 5. A good Trickster player can be very annoying to play against. "High Walls is his counter" when majority of loops on this game now are low rocks and cars...crazy, I might not die to a lot of them but it's still irritating facing someone who can essentially have an ultimate ability to ensure you can't get away from a hook.

• ItzPixelYT

I'm not really asking on counterplay suggestions because that's just not the issue here. The issue is he's literally just a horrible spammy Killer for newer players to play as with the additional bonus of his knives ignoring majority of the meshes & blockers around the maps. They really botched the coding up with this guys knives. What happened to me that made me create this post was getting hit with his knives on Borrowed Time and then I used Lithe run around the corner which is about 25 meters away from him and still get hit from his main event.

So it's never just as simple as run behind a rock or wall when there isn't any to run behind in certain areas on maps.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353

Literally, I'll never understand why he doesn't fit when cosmetics like the Clown's and Legion's exist. If anything I'm glad we have a killer that stands out, it makes him more interesting and unique.

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353

Well then it's just unfortunate if you get caught in open areas. That's the same with any ranged killer, along with the likes of Leatherface and Hillbilly.

Also in regards to his power, it's fine, if anything it's on the weaker side of things since Main Event only comes into play in open areas (like you just stated) and he struggles with map pressure on bigger maps. Plus it takes a little while before Main Event can come into play.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

True he might eventually, meanwhile 3 gens popped, and 3-4 escaped.

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130

wait until this guy learns about huntress

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    edited June 2021

This can happen, yes, but man does it suck being the one guy who has to run half the map just hearing "CHONK CHONK CHONK CHONK CHONK CHONK CHONK", intermixed with the occasional splat and giggle, as you just jerk all over the place trying to avoid what's basically an endless series of projectiles. It's monotonous, irritating, and the complete antithesis of fun. Then if you get away and start to heal yourself from the number of blades that DID hit you, he's already jumped into a locker to get 10,000 more to come throw at you again. The character is just sheer, 100 percent annoyance in every conceivable way.

I actually like playing against the Huntress quite a bit, I find her to be one of the most balanced characters in the game. She only has a handful of chances to hit you from a distance, not sixty, and she's also got a loud tell when she's ready to take her swing. Yes, the hitboxes are inconsistent, but I've dodged probably as many as I've taken. Additionally she can't just whip them out rapid fire forcing me to basically just run a floor buffer over my controller to make sure that my character is running and wiggling all over the place to avoid taking a mere 7.5 percent of the throws.

She also doesn't have vocal giggles and taunts which make her that much more smug and irritating to have to listen to.

• LowrenceVonQersrick
    LowrenceVonQersrick Member Posts: 34

You should play him. For me he is "zero kill" killer. He is really hard to play, harder than any other. Not because how complex he is, because how terrible his powers are.