Most overrated perks and underrated perks?

Options
Trickstaaaaa
Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256

For me the most overrated perk for survivor is dead heart. There have been so many times were dead heart does not work for me, and it has to be used when injured so it won't work vs insta downs. Not only that once the killer knows you have it you won't have a second chance to use it usually. The most underrated perk for me is detective hunch, since it's deja vu and plunders all in one perk. Plus it's the only perk that show the exact location where totems are located at. I'm surprised killer only users have not have called for the perk to be nerfed, then again... it's probably because it's underrated and not used a whole lot. The most overrated perk for killers in my opinion is corrupt innervation since all survivors have to do is wait it, and if you have a totem they can go looking for it. The most underrated perk for me is going to be eruption I know it's not officially out but hear me out, I used it on the PTB with surge and they work so well together. Plus that is the only perk in this game that make survivors incapacitated, I can already see situations were survivors might be close to finishing gens and if you down someone, that perk can prevent other survivors from finishing the gen for 14 seconds.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

Honestly balanced landing is underrated sad how people abandoned it because hue hue no drop down passive

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    edited June 2021
    Options

Ok i know most people will cry in denial from reading this but the most overrated perk is:

*drum roll*

Dead hard

No I won't debate this 💅 ok bye

• Trickstaaaaa
    Options

Agreed sprint burst is the number one exhaustion perk.

I know killers hate it when they run to a gen and the survivor just sprint burst away. At least that is how I feel about when I play killer.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,990
    Options

Noed is overrated in my opinion. Just me though.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Options

I was thinking of NOED being overrated. But then at the same time it's really not, since I seen killers go from 1 or 2 hooks, to a 4k by using NOED. So it's not overrated based on what I seen.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Killer - Spirit Fury for sure. Enduring/brutal is so much better and I personally would rather have so many other perks in my 4th slot then spirit fury.

Survivor - Oh it's DH for sure even though it shocks my xbox half the time I still bait out/or hit the survivor 75% of the time. The other 25% they vanish from the freeze/frame drops.

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672
    Options

Most overrated perks are Dead Hard and Hex: Ruin.

Most underrated perks are Detective's Hunch and Brutal Strength.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Overrated: NOED and Spine Chill

Underrated: Hope and Shadowborn

• Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Member Posts: 213
    Options

Overrated: Dead Hard, Thanatophobia, NOED,

Underrated: Detective's, Small Game, Bond, Alert, We'll make it, Balanced Landing, Windows of Opportunity, Adrenaline (noone is using it anymore)

• Pior_Morte
    Pior_Morte Member Posts: 526
    Options

Overrated: Self-care and Shadowborn

Underrated: We'll Make It and Hex: Crowd Control

• just_teme
    just_teme Member Posts: 195
    Options

In my opinion most overrated perk from both sides would be pop and prove thyself. Most of the perks in the game are under rated so i cant really pick anything.

• humanbeing1704
    Options

Hope works so damn well against 110 speeds I feel bad lol

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

How is self care overrated? Most players outside of green ranks acknowledge that it kinda sucks.

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347
    edited June 2021
    Options

We'll make it, SWFs will always have a lot of BTs and none of these, really makes sloppy and slugging useless

• humanbeing1704
    Options

if I'm being honest Flip flop is underrated it has helped me a ton on maps where hook distances are far

• Trickstaaaaa
    Options

Yeah you're right a lot of SWF always will have one person running we'll make it. Even when I play SWF there is always one of my friends running it. While with most solos they will only run it for a challenge or a certain build, at least I feel since that's the only time I run we'll make it solo.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Most overrated: Decisive strike isn’t a strong perk anymore imo and other options are much better

Most underrated: I’m going to be killed for this but Gearhead is a decent info perk on m1 killers and can work better than discordance against efficient survivors

• Trickstaaaaa
    Options

I 100% think you're wrong on DS. The way it works now is fair. It's a strong perk that has gotten me many wins. Think about it I had matches were had I not had DS I would have lost. For example at the end game, there has been times were I'm getting camped and I get unhooked and get downed again were DS basically gave a 100% escape. Is it weaker now yes, but not underrated.

• Phasmamain
    Options

I just don’t think it does enough to warrant a perk slot. If you’re fighting a nurse or spirit or any good chasing killer they’ll be downing you again relatively quickly.

Not bad but could use a slight buff imo

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

I agree with @Phasmamain on this one. DS isn't awful but it is a shell of it's former self. Perhaps that's a good thing but there's no denying that it is significantly weaker now. It only provides value when you're being tunnelled. So, if you aren't being tunnelled then you're basically playing with 3 perks. On top of that, really strong killers like Nurse, Spirit and Blight, just don't care about DS. As someone who has played a good deal of Blight, I can count on one hand the amount of times where DS has actually saved a Survivor from me tunnelling them. Yeah the 5 second stun can hurt, but nine times out of ten, I just catch up to them in a matter of about 5-10 seconds and down them. To be entirely fair though, DS stunning a killer with no mobility like a Trapper or Pig, could really hurt them. I will give you that.

As you mentioned, DS can help in endgame situations. However, as Phasmamain said, other perks can have a similar effect but better. For example, if your teammates run BT then it is essentially the same effect. If you don't want to rely on teammates then you could use exhaustion perks to essentially give yourself an extra health state, with the added benefit that you should be able to see multiple uses of them in a match. Unlike DS which is 1 time use and is not very helpful against the stronger killers.

I wouldn't outright say that DS is bad. It can be incredibly good. However, for better or for worse, it is not the meta perk it once was.

• Phasmamain
    Options

Yeah I’m not saying it’s weak but imo it’s too weak at what it’s meant to counter. Make it work on both hook stages and I’m good

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Exactly. It's an infinite against them, and a semi infinite against 115% killers.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

Coming from my own experience of the game only.

For Killer:-

Most over-rated: "Make Your Choice". It's run a fair bit in my matches, but as survivor I've never known it to actually get pulled off. Maybe I'll be proved wrong in future, but for now it just has not made an impact in my matches.

Most under-rated: "Spies from the Shadows". That perk is an excellent observational perk. Yes, you can see crows fly off, but your FOV isn't great, so the sound prompts have been fab for a number of reasons.

For Survivor:-

Most over-rated: "Dead Hard". You can get a feel for who runs it. It can be baited out, which then leaves them open to an easy down. They can run into walls. Really, other than doing a Superman through the killer at the exit gate, it's useful but equally as problematic.

Most under-rated: "Deja Vu". By a country mile. Often seen as one of the weakest, the fact it shows the three closest gens together pretty much gives you a plan and prevents 3 gens. As killer, I'll aim to control maps so the end is a 3 gen (if it gets that far), and survivors can be wrecked. With Deja Vu, it has prevented that and made it so hard for killers.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

De ja vu is probably the most underrated perk.

It shows you closest to each other gens that can be a 3 gen potentially. You'll never 3-gen yourself with this perk and also you have some gen info which is nice

• ItzZane_
    ItzZane_ Member Posts: 965
    Options

For Killer

Overrated: Ruin, I know it's STRONG etc etc But it honestly is really bad At least IMO i'd rather run tinkerer or pop or corrupt and NOT ruin

Plus the totem spawn locations are....#########..

Underrated: Surveillance Is pretty underrated ngl It's so useful on stealth and high mobility killers

For Survivor

Overrated: Dead Hard, I don't have to explain tbh It's just really #########

Underrated: Aftercare It's really underrated the only problems are SWF Losing the benefits of the perk when hooked and sandbags are the only reason nobody runs this perk other than me

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

An underrated perk is Pharmacy.

Chest searches are 80% faster, and the noises they cause are reduced by 8 meters. Pharmacy also guarantees an Emergency Med-Kit on your first chest search.

Ideally you don't want to search chests during a match, for efficiency's sake. But if you have to, I can recommend this perk.

An overrated perk is Self-care.

You can heal yourself at half the normal speed, and your self-heal item efficiency is increased by 20%.

This perk will get you and your team killed more often than not. The heal takes too long, allowing you to be ambushed in the middle of it for a very long window of time. Just do a gen while injured until a teammate comes to heal you. If you're teammates won't heal you, bring a medkit.