The Shape | Add-on Updates

Tatariu
Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hey! Welcome back to a series of posts where I update a select killer's add-ons and adjust them as I see fit! I previously updated the Deathslinger's add-ons, and the Legion's.

For the Shape, I wanted to address two problems.

1. The high amount of filler add-ons, with very tame and outdated effects.
  2. The strength of the more powerful add-ons.

With that said, here is my update to the Shape's add-ons!

THE SHAPE | ADD-ON PASS

TACKY EARRINGS

During Evil Within 1:

• The Shape will passively gain Evil Within level progress at a slight amount.

REFLECTIVE FRAGMENT

During Evil Within 3:

• The Shape may perform the break and damage interaction 20% faster.

JEWELLERY

Hitting a Survivor during Evil Within 3 inflicts the Mangled status effect until healed.

GLASS FRAGMENT

Tremendously increases the Shape’s movement speed while Stalking a Survivor.

MIRROR SHARD

After Stalking a Survivor, their aura is revealed for 3 seconds.

JEWELLERY BOX

For each Survivor hit during Evil Within 3: 

• The Shape’s terror radius is reduced by 4 meters for the duration.

TOMBSTONE PIECE

During Evil Within 3:

• The Shape’s movement speed is increased to 4.8 m/s.

JUDITH’S TOMBSTONE

During Evil Within 3:

• The Shape is granted the ability to kill a Survivor.
  • The Shape’s movement speed is reduced to 4.2 m/s.
  • Tremendously increases the amount of Evil required to reach Evil Within 3.
  • Trumps all other add-ons.

Thx for reading! :>

Post edited by Tatariu on

Comments

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

No thanks, Myers is already not that good and nerfing his already weak addons will not help him.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

First time I heard someone say that the Stalk Movement Speed add-ons were good. I don't see how any of the changes I've made to the Common-Rare rated add-ons are a nerf. Please explain.

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

Tombstone is a meme is not even good, you will depip and gain literally zero bp. I find more Myers using the permanent tier 3 more than tombstone so maybe that should be look at. Other than that i find the rest of addons good.

•  Antares2332
    Antares2332 Member Posts: 1,088

Myers just needs a buff in his basekit.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017

I think Reflective Magnet on its own should be a base-kit thing, but at 20% instead. Myers' base-kit needs serious help. I also think Mirror Shard should be reworked entirely.

Also, I don't think Judith's Tombstone should be nerfed. It's already a pretty garbo add-on. Tombstone Piece should be renamed to a diff add-on, but keep its rarity and yeah I like your idea for it.

Other than that, these aren't bad ideas at all. Myers deserves an add-on pass along with either a rework or buffs.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Judith's tombstone is not a problem since it decreases Myer's speed, however I disagree that it is meme tier, it has its uses.

I do agree that Tombstone piece needs a rework since it gives a free kill with minimal downsides.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Myers needs an ability instead of upgrading his addons, the only addon he could nerf would be the lock of hair giving him reduced speed or something like that.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

@Tatariu 5% break action? That's... waaaay too little. Hard to find a number when Brutal also exists, but I can tell you 5% is not the number.

Brutal lowers pallet break from 2.6 to around 2.17

Brutal + the add-on = lowers it 2.08. Barely anything. Without brutal, it's 2.5.

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

Wait, is 4.8 m/s essentially 120% movement speed?

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

Honestly I never liked seeing anything being gutted to worthlessness so I guess I can agree with your Tombstone Piece idea

However, I do not like your Mirror Shard idea. It's basically a short range on-command I'm All Ears which slows you down. While this sounds good on paper, Myers isn't exactly a chase based killer who will be able to take advantage of this information. He's THE M1 killer besides maybe Trapper. Plus there are always better add-ons to use on him such as stalk gain and Tier 3 bonus add-ons.

Using the shard basically forces you to run stalking movement speed add-ons, add-ons you just removed.