This new MMR is a joke

Options
Nyx32
Nyx32 Member Posts: 130
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Guess I'm not playing for the next 2 days. PLEASE never use this system ever again. I thought matchmaking was bad before but I'm literally just not allowed to have fun.

Just played a killer game, I'm rank 15 and fought ######### 2 rank 3 and 2 rank 2s.

Why is this not used on the PBE? Why do you force new players like me to just stop playing the game for 2 days?

Every game I've played, as a rank 15 killer and rank 18 survivor, has put me ONLY against red ranks, normally ranks 1-3.

Is this a joke??? I literally can't play.

Comments

• Kaimick
    Kaimick Member Posts: 24
    Options

I also just spent the past 3 hours, I am a rank 20 Killer and faced in one game a red One, 2 Purple 4's, and an eight.

Other games I haven't seen a game where the Survivors were beneath rank 8 Purple, minus one game were I had a; 17, 18,16, 19 which was the best game I had....still lost as I am still learning killer but it wasn't a tea bagging slaughter over in 3 minutes with 3k points or 9k points earned.

I heard from my friends that have been playing for 3 years or when ever this game came out, that every time you reset the ranks new players get screwed.

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130
    Options

This isn't a rank reset though those happen monthly and do suck for a few days, this is a new MMR system that I really hope they don't implement if it's this bad.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

There is only one way to solve the problem you are facing...

• JaneMain27
    JaneMain27 Member Posts: 2
    Options

@DbD_Enjoyer however for killer you have your own ranking system going on completely different then the survivors, so let's say you main a certain killer but go play as Myers and you're a level 1 but maybe you're ranked 15, they'll give you "baby" survivors to go up against. But you're obviously good with the killer you're playing as so they're testing to see you going up against the red ranks. I mean that's how I understood the match making was suppose to come about abbey now they're getting data from it over these 2 days

• ClarityOfWill
    ClarityOfWill Member Posts: 198
    Options

The mmr system has been terrible for me. I'm desperately trying to learn phead and I've had nothing but 3/4 man swf's stacking every perk and item possible. I don't mind a challenge, but not on a new killer which I have limited experience with.