Protect the VIP is the new game mode

Options

I have been told the new game mode will consists of a random surv selected as the VIP, his/her aura will be visible for the rest of survivors but the killer doesnt know who is the VIP. If the VIP dies, the match ends and survivors lose. The VIP condition provides some special perk undisclosed (maybe auto healing?)

Fake news too? I like the idea thought~

Comments

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options

I have been told the new game mode will consists of a random surv selected as the VIP, his/her aura will be visible for the rest of survivors but the killer doesnt know who is the VIP. If the VIP dies, the match ends and survivors lose. The VIP condition provides some special perk undisclosed (maybe auto healing?)

I totally read this wrong at first, I thought it said if the survivor dies then the killer lose lol. Anywho I actually like this idea. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

That's actually a pretty cool idea and killer either has to go fr all or tunnel one by one or see who gets protected the most. Although survivors could also bait protect the non VIP as well lol.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

@powerbats said:
    That's actually a pretty cool idea and killer either has to go fr all or tunnel one by one or see who gets protected the most. Although survivors could also bait protect the non VIP as well lol.

yep seems suitable for the DBD devs: cheap and easy to implement

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457
    Options
    powerbats said:

Just realize that this wouldn’t work well for survivors that like to DC and happens to be the V.I.P
  • BACKSTABBER
    Options

@Iceman said:
    powerbats said:

Just realize that this wouldn’t work well for survivors that like to DC and happens to be the V.I.P

make harder punishments for the survs DCs in the first minutes of this game mode

• powerbats
    Options

@Iceman said:

I can just imagine the trolling that'd this would cause.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    That mode already exists. 
    Never seen a streamer with his fans? Where they sacrifice themselves to save him and DC if he dies?

Seriously? You mean I could've had much, much easier rounds if I'd just killed the streamers?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Probably fake.
    And i actually hope it is fake as well.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

@Tsulan said:
    That mode already exists. 
    Never seen a streamer with his fans? Where they sacrifice themselves to save him and DC if he dies?

Seriously? You mean I could've had much, much easier rounds if I'd just killed the streamers?

Well streamers usually like to bait. At least the ones I face. 
    So, yes.

I stopped counting the times 1 died and 2 disconnected after "toying around". Leaving me alone, while they did not repair a single gen.

Of course,  not all streamers behave like that. But enough do.
  • Orion
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    Well streamers usually like to bait. At least the ones I face. 
    So, yes.

I guess that's what I get for not giving them "preferential treatment".

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

Where have you heard this from?

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options
    How would the survivors win in this game mode?
  • Orion
    Options

@Sonzaishinai said:
    How would the survivors win in this game mode?

Make sure the VIP escapes. That would be my guess.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options
    I thought survivors did this anyway?

I've had games where they go out of their way to protect the obsession....even though the obsession wasn't on death hook and I wasn't running any obsession perks.

Very strange when it happens.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:

You have been told?..... :smile:

• BACKSTABBER
    edited December 2018
    Options

and if the VIP has the skin of Mathieu Cote everybody will leave him right away to be slaughtered

• Tsulan
    Options

and if the VIP has the skin of Mathieu Cote everybody will leave him right away to be slaughtered

So Dwight?
  • DarkWo1f997
    DarkWo1f997 Member Posts: 1,532
    Options
    I wonder what the win conditions would be for the survivors though. Maybe if the killer kills the wrong survivor? 
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

We have that. It's called Dying Light.

• DarkWo1f997
    Options

Woah, how genius would it be if Killer perks like dying light actually determined the rules of the game mode? 
  • Oink_Oink
    Oink_Oink Member Posts: 79
    Options

oh boy if it's true i can't wait to tunnel one dude the whole time kappa. well it's interessting.let's see if it's true.

• powerbats
    Options

Always tunnel the obsession lol.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

Woah, how genius would it be if Killer perks like dying light actually determined the rules of the game mode? 

I mean, the whole idea of a VIP is Dying Light. When killer runs that perk you want to keep that dude alive as much as you can.

We don't need more modes. We need the current mode to be more balanced.

• DarkWo1f997
    Options

@DarkWo1f997 said:
    thesuicidefox said:

I mean, the whole idea of a VIP is Dying Light. When killer runs that perk you want to keep that dude alive as much as you can.

We don't need more modes. We need the current mode to be more balanced.

Well it was just a thought. I’m in no way interested in other game modes. I’m interested in everything being cohesive. 
  • powerbats
    Options

@DarkWo1f997 said:

Well it was just a thought. I’m in no way interested in other game modes. I’m interested in everything being cohesive. 

i think other game modes could be a fun thing to do every so often similar to the BBQ event etc but things need to work better 1st.

• TheCatLady
    TheCatLady Member Posts: 60
    Options

I don't mind this idea, could be kind of fun. I'd still prefer a 2v8 mode of some kind maybe but I understand it'd probably be unbalanced as hell and have so many potential issues.

• BACKSTABBER
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    BACKSTABBER said:

So Dwight?

in that case the VIP (if Dwight) may have the tattoo in the arm Cote has

• Tsulan
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    BACKSTABBER said:

So Dwight?

in that case the VIP (if Dwight) may have the tattoo in the arm Cote has

Never checked for tattoos.
  • raw_bean
    raw_bean Member Posts: 20
    Options

Surely the new game mode will be two or more Legion Killers versus a larger group of Survivors.