Something needs to be done about Survivors holding game hostage

If they don’t work on a generator after about five minutes they need to be kicked. I’ve been forced to leave games cause of salty losing survivors choosing to hold the game hostage by hiding and not doing anything

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

While I agree about the problem of survivors being able to hold the game hostage, I think five minutes is a little unreasonable. I had a Hag disconnect earlier when it was down to me and one other survivor with two gens left. I wasn't working on gens because I was looking for Ruin, which I found and I was waiting for her TR to go away before cleansing it. As I was looking for Ruin, I heard the other survivor searching a chest in the basement. I'm not sure how many minutes had passed, I don't think it'd been five yet, maybe it had but it's hard to judge. Still, the Hag disconnected just as I threw a pebble and was about to cleanse the totem.

By ten minutes, though, the game needs to do something if survivors are just hiding and not attempting gens.

• coldestwinter123
    coldestwinter123 Member Posts: 99

i hate this scenario with a passion, because its a stalemate by their choice not yours . there has to to be some sort of resolution to that particular scenario.

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130
    edited June 2021

yeah it's like.. they get to choose for you to basically be forced to dc unless you get really really lucky.

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101

Don't birds start appearing and teling you where they are if they haven't done anything in a few mintues?

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101

Oh really? I though tit was if you didn't tap gens/totems, learn something new every day.

• Floofzy_Kitten
    Floofzy_Kitten Member Posts: 68

You can even stay in a locker and crows won't appear as long as you exit the locker every 55 seconds or so. I had a game held hostage in Midwich where both survivors were hiding in lockers for 10+ minutes. No one got crows, because both were exiting lockers or changing their hiding place. You can say it's my fault, but Midwich easily has 30 or more lockers spread between two floors, and survivors can easily change their hiding place to a set of lockers you've just checked, as checking lockers takes a long time.

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

People have suggested adding a time limit to matches. I think they were supposed to be around 15-20 minutes. Helps against incredibly immersed survivors