Glad to know that bhvr wants nobody new to come play this game

Alec1055
Alec1055 Member Posts: 98

Need I say more?

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Why were you rank 20 tho? I thought rank reset only took you back to 18 or something like that. Are you literally a brand new killer?

• Deadlock
    Deadlock Member Posts: 215

i took a break for a month or two, and when i got back my ranks were completely demolished, this could just be a case of that, and he was going for adpet.

• BlazePyron2
    BlazePyron2 Member Posts: 145

the last time they tried mmr i remember liking it, idk what on earth they've done to it this time around, the game is literally unplayable for me

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Hey, i get the same on billy because i never play him either.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,703

the current MMR can just stay, this current one they're testing isn't gonna work especially because of SWF.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

It's not fair to judge MMR on a single match. Play 5 matches with the cannibal and show us a screenshot of the end game results.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

From my experience and from seeing the experiences of an overwhelming amount of the playerbase I think it's safe to say that mmr has yet again proven to be a complete failure.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

The test they did before, the 24 hours one, was totally perfect to me.

This one is a mix. It's either I got people from my skill level or brand new players who have no idea what they're doing (and it's not their fault, they really seem to discover the game).

• ThePartyProbe
    ThePartyProbe Member Posts: 8

I’m running into the same thing, I literally started 2 days ago; I’m not great but I had some 3k matches, I was able to apply pressure, and repeatedly hook people. Now I’m getting matched against red ranks repeatedly and I’m killer rank 18 my Wraith is only level 12. I’ve only really played a handful of games but the mmr change is putting me against decked out survivors, I’m barely managing to get a hook before 3 or 4 gens pop. This is the opposite of fun, I’m not playing until the test is over.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,155

I was comfortably chilling at green between 12 and 10 and the rank reset mess up from a month or two back set me down to 20 surprisingly. So rank 20 might not be a 100% indicator but 80-90% which isn't an argument that the guy wasn't new.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445

Beat that

• tester
    tester Member Posts: 792

That's why I said "look at his perks", which you ignored and proceeded to make a cool story about reset to 20 from 10-12.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I just hope these horrifically mismatched fellas persevere through this.

• Alexis98
    Alexis98 Member Posts: 20

The poster isnt the killer. Hes the top rank 2 survivor. He's posting because hes shocked at being put with a new killer which also happened to me. Im a new killer and i get put with rank 1's i even posted a long thread about it yesterday.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,180

That's a fair point but it's been like this all night. I didn't bother doing screenshots as this was the funniest example of MMR being wonky but look in any of these threads and this screenshot/experience seems to be the norm.

It's especially funny to me. I don't main any particular killer as I constantly change who I'm playing as but if I had to choose who I played the most as, it would be Bubba or Oni (I like the high risk high reward one shot killers). I'd think MMR would put me with God Mode survivors constantly as Bubba rather than clearly brand new players.

I get that this MMR is a test so there's bound to be kinks in it but so far in my experience at least, it seems to be one giant kink rather than a few weird issues cropping up randomly...

• _VTK_
    _VTK_ Member Posts: 383
    edited June 2021

MMR is not about ranks though, as far as I understood. So, play some more games and see if they are too hard or too easy for you and then judge.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Legit don't know how people get into this game in its current state if I started playing right now I'd be to overwhelmed and I just quit, the only way I see how is veteran players introducing and guiding new players but if your friend is introducing you to this game as it is they aunt a friend abandon them, that's a toxic relationship you don't need in your life.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

Did that happen while the mmr was active, out of curiosity?

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

“We want to improve our new player experience”

MMR literally ruins the new player experience

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

As a fairly new player (117 hours) still learning maps (I can’t get to grips with midwich elementary at all), I’ve had a seriously mixed bag with mmr. I’ve had games with new killers where no ones been hooked an entire game or come up against killers with 1000s of hours that 4K in under 2 minutes. It’s really hard to learn where to improve in both those scenarios. I’ve gave it a good 10+ games with mmr and I’ve only managed 1 good game because the killer was having some fun instead of all out slaying.

If I was a complete new player coming up against rank 1 killers with 1000s of hours of play time, I highly doubt I’d stick at the game at all. There’s a lot to learn coupled with no perks is just torture for a new player to come in to.

Not sure how they’ve worked out the mmr but it hasn’t worked. My games shouldn’t be getting worse/ harder the longer I play with constant back to back 2 minute games because everyone’s dead with 0 gens done.

• Alec1055
    Alec1055 Member Posts: 98

I give you specimen part 2

• DottoDotto
    DottoDotto Member Posts: 3

My experience with this? as a Killer, I get matched against survivors that outplay me hard, as a Survivor, I get matched either with a baby killer, making it for an easy match, or a really good killer that outplays me hard, I've had yet to have a good match since MMR is out, it's mostly stomps without a hope of winning for one of the sides.