Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

About BBQ and WGLF

Kira4Evr
Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I just got slammed by this thought. I think that we can agree that 80% of us use them for BloodPoints, at least for WGLF. What if 4 wasn't the maximum amount of stacks you could get, but 12? Every stack would still give 25% bonus BloodPoints but you would be able to get and 300% bonus BloodPoints instead of 100%. I think it would be nice.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Kira4Evr

I get your point, it would 100% work in BBQ. But if they made it so you could get stacks in more ways with WGLF, like healing, picking up survivors, just like @nursewannabe said. The gameplay wouldn't be affected that much. Becasue unhooking and healing is a big part of a match.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

BBQ gives aura. I think WGLF would has different power. Healing fast dying statu survivors, meh.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

just allow wglf to get stacks in additional ways...

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

I remember the days it used to be 50% per stack on wglf to a max of 200%. Happy memories!

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

Anything to cut down the grind would be greatly appreciated at this point so I think it is a good idea

• Kira4Evr
  • lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871

Nope, they already feel mandatory for anyone grinding for bloodpoints, most of the community in fact.

What they need to do is attach the same extra BP tokens to other perks and make it so you can benefit only from the one you get the most (up to a max of 100% extra). That way, we can diversify our builds while grinding.

• ryseterion
    ryseterion Member Posts: 445

Yes please! And make the bloodpoints doubled forever as well that would fix the grind super quickly

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,501
    edited June 2021

Back then 200% was a lot (after the bw rework) so you could max characters very fricken quickly. But as more and more characters and stuff has been added that 200% isnt so bad now.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

This. Just gave us more BP gain or remove perk tiers. Honestly trying to use perks on anything like this is just bandaid solution.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

It would be better to actually fix the grind than to buff the bloodpoint perks

Remove perk tiers and increase bloodpoints gained a bit.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

As a stop gap sure why not, however it doesn't really fix the actual issue its helping to remedy.

• DatFastBoi
    DatFastBoi Member Posts: 455

Maybe having a heal system just like second wind, but each full heal would give a stack ?

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

All they need to add to WGLF is heal states count as a stack

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

WGLF is actually really helpful against sluggers and heals insanely quickly, especially with a Medkit too. Use it for both the extra BP and for anti-slugging. But it'd be nice if it allowed for stacks to be earned in more ways.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

But this is Behaviour. They fix all the game issues through perks

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

The bonus would be nice but I can see why they placed the limiter at least with we're going to live forever. With survivors capping out at 4 prevents one person from making all the saves leaving room for others to gain the rescue points as well.

For killer that would be nice but I could see adding a stipulation that each hook must come from an alternate Survivor to prevent farming a single Survivor out.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I just think healing someone up from dying state should give a stack.

as it is currently I sometimes don’t want to heal someone up with the boosted speed as an unhook actually gives me a stack…

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88

Yes exactly.

WGLF just encourages the entire team to rush hooks for a save, regardless if if loses them the game, Because if they get a safe unhook they not only get a buttload of points but also even more from the WGLF stack. Given that why would you NOT hook rush as opposed to spending a boring 80 seconds on a gen for far less rewards comparatively?

An easy fix I would suggest is also giving WGLF a stack every time you complete the equivalent of a generator. This would encourage people to not bother rushing hooks if the killer is camping or if it unsafe.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

WGLF is not good, this and BT should be combined before any sort of xp grinding buff should be considered.

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

If you combined WGLF with BT you would completely eliminate the "unhook safely" part.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Because survivors farmed each other. Everyone would instantly drop what they were doing, to be the first on the hook. They didn´t even wait for the killer to leave.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

does that go both ways (BBQ & WGLF)?

if so, im 100% in!

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88

Err, B&C doesn't affect match quality except possibly in a postive way.

WGLF can cause issues though where survivors only want to get unhooks, and a campaign killer wins because of this.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

I'd actually argue that they should make those bp gains a built in feature so we'd stop having to use bbq/wglf just to get bp and rather have those perks be used for the ability they grant like BBQs aura reading. Because all adding that bp gains to other perks would result in the same problem, youd have to take that specific perk over another u may want more because of the bp gains. I'd change 90% of my builds to something I actually wanted, if that would be the case.

It just sucks feeling like I only have 3 perks to ever work with bc I don't wanna gimp myself out of gains while grinding out unlocking perks for everyone. That's just me tho

Side topic: Anyways mind me asking what your survivor build is? Assuming it has wglf on it like mine always do lol....mostly wanna try a diff build, always gotta have that perk equipped bc I am NOT missing out on those bps.

• lagosta
    edited June 2021

Not sure about making this feature baseline, at least not for the current implementation of WGLF. I believe the current hook-bomb issue is due to people farming stacks and making it baseline removes the decision factor of when I want to have farming matches and when I want to play with interesting full builds. It would just make the problem spread even more, IMO. Attaching the tokens to perks with similar niches would at least grant some freedom. Some points that could reduce the dependency on those perks are:

1. Attaching 1 token to each perk slot. If the perk activated 1 time in a match, you get a token for the slot. So if you use each perk at least once in a match, you're rewarded with 100% extra BP.
    2. Adress the main issue and reduce the grind but removing perk ranks. Suddenly the biggest BP sink in the game is gone.

I use different builds for grinding along with WGLF:

• Exhaustion + Small Game + Inner Strength: lots of heals and totem hate. Very good for tanking protection hits for tokens.
    • Exhaustion + Spine Chill + Iron Will: general build when I am not in the mood for jump scares or want an edge against Spirits.
    • Exhaustion + Repressed Alliance + Spine Chill: Repressed allows me to go for rescues/chases while blocking ruin/pop and highlighting the aura of the gen for my teammates to complete. Very good build in higher-level gameplay.
  • Nemmy_Wemmy

Welp you sold me on that idea, I much more prefer that way of getting stacks lol Just one activation of a perk grants a stack....freedom of perk builds without overly effecting gameplay..I dig it. I also think there's alot of bloodweb bloat especially on the surv side.

About your builds, sorta expected something along the lines of: Repressed Alliance, Detectives Hunch, Steak Out.. because those are the perks I hear you mention alot!

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Get rid of aura reading and dying healing boost and make them base kit. The grind really needs to be lessened. Speaking of grind, at least make characters three starting skills start at tier 3.

• lagosta

I interchange DsH and Small game a lot. DsH is my favorite to learn totem spawns in new and reworked maps, especially indoors. After memorizing them, I start using Small Game for the totem counter and bc it doesn't require activation.

Stake-Out is a nice off-meta perk, but it's been a while since I used it. If you can consistently land Great Skill Checks, it's better than resilience IMO as the devs recently buffed the chance to trigger skill checks with toolboxes by 5 times. I am yet to test after those changes, but it has a place in my heart :p

• Nemmy_Wemmy

Oh ok I getcha! To be honest outta those 3 builds you listed I really dig the idea of the Repressed Alliance build. I could see it coming in clutch in quite a few situations. Especially against ruin or other perks/situations. Probably the one I'll end up using or attempting to use. I love underrated perks alot lol

Mind me asking what exhaustion you typically run?

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,935

I'd like it. Personally I'd make the current bonus of BBQ and WGLF basekit and add bonus BP onto the Perks.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

The BP parts of the perk should just be base kit.

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,019
    edited June 2021

I'm guessing you weren't around when WGLF could actually go to 300%? It was a mess of unsafe unhooks and farming.

• Izo_Quartz
    Izo_Quartz Member Posts: 250

I hate the way WGLF is now, it's completely counter productive to gaining stacks but BBQ&C isn't, this is really unfair. what they need to do is switch the functions of WGLF and We'll Make It. This way, it will be beneficial for both the player and the teammate, the player is gaining stacks more easily and the teammate is getting healed. It will also pair nicely with borrowed time.

And for those who actually like the current fuction of WGLF will still be able to use it through We'll Make It.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Both should require the same effort to get stacks. BBQ not only is easier to get stacks but a wealth of map knowledge for doing the simple objective.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684

No.

killers can already get enough points to play like as***les, so if you upgrade one you got to upgrade the other to be fair.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I've never quite understood why people get so triggered about the comparison of BBQ and WGLF. Survivors already get considerably less BP on average. And with WGLF they actually have to compete with eachother for stacks.

Meanwhile BBQ rewards you for.... the way you're supposed to play by default. At least that WGLF has another use now. Though I find it weird they gave it a revive bonus but don't give a token for a full revive or something.

• lagosta

DH and BL. The former is more consistent, but the latter is my favorite. Unfortunately, there are lots of maps in which is almost impossible to get an activation (looking at you, Shelter Woods).

Not a Huge fan of Lithe or SB, although I still think SB is the most skill expressive exhaustion in the game. I am yet to purchase All Kill DLC to get SH, will probably do it along with the RE. I think it has potential against Demo and other killers that incorporate breaking pallets in their kit.