The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A message to my fellow survivors

Please heal and do the objectives.

I have lost countless games because you spend the entire match chasing the killer to get flashlight saves, you spend the entire game BMing a killer instead of doing the objectives or healing, and then you get mad at the killer when they win.

Getting mad at a Wraith and calling them OP because you refused to heal, so the killer snowballed, does not suddenly validate all your points. Stop throwing games for points and maybe you'd have a better time.

Comments

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

This, yesterday I was playing solo queue, I did one gen by myself and then got chased by the killer, the following events that took place was my teammates trying to get a flashlight save and failing, and no other generators got popped

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,266

But this bush is so pretty, and the leaves are so soft and smooth. It gives off a beautiful scent that inspires calmness. Why would I ever leave this paradise?

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203

I so agree with you. I rarely do flashlight saves because I prefer to use the time spent by my teammate being chased to repair, unhook or heal.

I hate when someone follows me while I'm chased for doing a flashlight save. Don't waste time! And most of the time, the Killer spots them and they:

1. Don't save me.
    2. Wasted a lot of time, where they could have done a generator, even a dull totem would be more useful. Even a chest at this point.
  • Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,266

The bush and I would become one as my blood nourishes it and transfers my soul into it's very fibers of existence.

• Archon
    Archon Member Posts: 43

Feels like last nights game play!

Decided to do Survivor rift challenges.

First match, only gen that got done was mine, while I watched all my teamates (solo q) run the killer to me...over and over. 4 gen 4k defeat.

Second match - Escaped!, after I did 4 out of 5 gens....and got unhooks.......i...i just dunno...

Then...a fairly good match in the forest, 2 k 2 escape, so pretty good I'd say.

Then...a bunch of 3 gen'ing done by my teammates not learning how to leave at least 1 gen on the other side of the map! I mean! REALLY! STILL!

Tbagging at pallets....How often has that worked out well?

• Red_Beard
    Red_Beard Member Posts: 550

I'm thinking about changing my name to something cool like Taserface5896, putting on my default survivor skins and urban evasion, and doing perimeter inspections in each game. Sorry if you get me.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

I will try, but don't get mad if I don't.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Oh man so much this. I’m so tired of games being thrown by 1 or 2 survivors constantly chasing the killer with their flashlights, only to basically hook trade instead, causing me to constantly have to jump off gens to help while Ruin is still up. Drives me crazy.

Save, heal, help with the damn objective. Worry about flashlight saves when a down ACTUALLY OCCURS.

• Midnght
    Midnght Member Posts: 65

flashlights suck they're no good never use em though i suspect pc players have a fine time as they imho basically cheat by mouse pointing but that is my own opinion. but i think you can see how they can easily target the face try to do it with a controller you have to aim makes flashlights worthless.

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295

I love how when I play killer at r1 I get r1 survivors but when I want to play 1 single game with 1 friend of mine at r1 as well we get r 18 survivors, its adorable lol, thats why Im spirit main, I got pissed with survivors and now I wanna make them suffer lol

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

That frustrating feeling when the killer gives someone the hatch after they unsafe unhooked you, did no generators, and were so absent from the game they never lost a health state.

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942

I wouldn't say this is entirely true, because me and few of my friends play on console and we can hit flashlight saves most the time, once in a while we do miss though

but like I said, this was solo queue, so I can't always rely on my teammates to make good flashlight saves, but nonetheless they tried their best

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

No "clicky clicky"

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

Agree, I am always the one who does 3 or more gens alone. Its very annoying and boring... thats why I never play solo q.

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

I remember being in a chase with a legion that clearly hadn’t played at lot as i was looping them pretty good, and there was a claudette and a nea constantly by me with flashlights, oh and only one david on the gen.

When i did get down, neither of them actually knew how to use the flashlight. Their timing was 100% off.

• Midnght
    Midnght Member Posts: 65
    edited June 2021

You're right but they are harder on console. they should have a small fraction of aim assist but that's just my opinion don't get me wrong i can get it done and clear a challenge but it takes me a good 5 to 10 matches to do so. lol im not so good free aiming that flashlight for sure

• Sypherpathic
    Sypherpathic Member Posts: 488

I agree to a point, but just doing 'objectives' isn't necessarily how everyone wants to play. I assume you mean gens -- gate -- escape.

Sometimes, I want to get into chases or get totems or get some fun rescues.

How do you define lost? Have you lost the game if you don't escape? I disagree. There are a lot of ways to win - to me, if it was a good match and hopefully it was a good match for everyone - then that's a win.

I'm not competitive so don't care that much about rank although I do prefer not to -1 if possible, so it is still a factor. usually, if I get caught early and triple hooked right out of the game, that's the worst sort of match - at least for me. I usually spectate and hope the rest of the game is good for everyone else.

Anyway, that's what's tough about a 5 person game, not everyone is working on the same method for enjoying the game as you are.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

When I say Objectives, I mean the things that would typically result in an escape; Gens, Totems, Escaping Chases, Healing, Unhooking, Gates.

What I am complaining about is people who directly ignore this to earn points for themselves at the expense of their teammates. If you're being chased the other survivors should be doing something to benefit the team, instead most of my Solo Que experience is simply two Neas chasing after you with a flashlight hoping to add the poor Billy to their epic juke and clutch montage.

Going for flashlight saves and chasing after the killer every chase when there's no practicality is where I draw the line. There is no purpose other than to try and show off. If the occurrence happens where you can save someone, go for it, but trying to force it is going to throw the game and ruin the time and experiences of your teammates. It doesn't matter how many times you save your teammates if you still have to do five generators.