Nerf Pop and Ruin (But it's good this time)

So now that I got your attention, basically the idea is to do what the Devs did for Rat liver with Demogorgon where Demo now moves quicker while charging, but rat liver was reduced in terms of speed.

I'm thinking we DOUBLE the regression speed of a kicked generator, but HALF Ruin and Pop's regression rate so that they even out to what they do in live as opposed to drastically changing them. This makes it so that killers don't HAVE to use Pop and Ruin in order to be competitive, but still can use them if they choose.

Comments

• Lliart
    Lliart Member Posts: 200

But it would still be just as powerful. Basically it would work exactly how it works on live, it's just the numbers would be shuffled about. The gens would regress at the same rate as live with ruin so it would still be pretty powerful enough to warrant the hex, especially since it's automatic regression with Ruin and not without.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

It's just level one ruin which is trash. Gens take 80 sec to get done. Current ruin would regress it in 160 sec. You're ruin would make it take 320 sec. Nobody would run pop if the regression was halved. Ruin and Pop don't even need to be nerfed again and ruin regression level of kicking gens is cool but not the most impactful change they could do because the survivor could just tap the gen. If they want to buff base kicking gens, make the progress go down immediately by 5% that way tapping the gen mid chase wouldn't completely negate the whole action of kicking the gen

• Lliart

What I'm saying though is that nerfed Ruin would stack onto the buffed regression, not change it to rank 1 Ruin and only have that regression. It would still be what it does on live, ya know? Although I really like that 5% go poof that you're offering, so maybe that could be added onto the nerfed pop numbers and stack with a halved pop to make it do what it does on live but let killers run other things.

• TruffleTurtle
    TruffleTurtle Member Posts: 614

I suppose but I'm confused on what u mean with ruin stacking with the buffed regression. You can't kick gens if ruin is up.

• Lliart

What I mean is the regression rate that is going to be buffed will stack with the nerfed Ruin regression rate to bring it up to what Ruin does live right now. No kicks required with that nerfed ruin

• velosinhooo
    velosinhooo Member Posts: 295

Its a bad idea in my opinion as is would just make the kick speed to 0,5c/s, Pop 12,5c/s Ruin 1c/s instead of kick - 0,25c/s, Pop - 25c/s, Ruin 2 c/s, so Its just a massive nerf.

• Prex91
    Prex91 Member Posts: 764

Just buff a little bit kick speed and add a 5/10% regression to the kick maybe would be good.

• Tempest753
    Tempest753 Member Posts: 50

If I understand what you're saying you're saying improve base gen regression speed, keep Ruin's power level identical to where it is now and lower the instant regression from Pop to something like 15% or whatever?

I completely agree. A lot would need to be done to find the right numbers, but I think this would be a step in the right direction for the game so it's not Pop/Ruin or bust when making a killer build.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

Not really. It would completely eliminate the need to kick any generators still. They would all regress at the new normal regression speed, which is twice as fast as it is now. You're saving 3 seconds on every generator you encounter, which could easily add up to saving 20+ seconds in a chase. That's still well worth the Hex.

Ruin isn't meta because of it's speed, it's meta because it eliminates a task entirely for the killer, kicking the gen.

Pop however may not be so lucky, as now you still have to spend 3s kicking a generator, which you would have to do anyway, but now it only gives you ~12% regression instead of 25%. It would probably put Pop more on par with other kick perks like Oppression and Overcharge.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236

Would likely need to nerf Oppression and Surge too, with base regression doubled, anything that automatically applies regression is improved.

Maybe Oppression should be reduced to 2 other generators, and Surge only applies 5% immediate regression. However I've long thought Surge needed a buff of some kind so maybe this would be fine for it.