BHVR why do you continue to be silent

MonsterInMyMind
MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

About how awful Hillbilly is now his play rate has dropped drastically multiple people including some of your FW's have even admitted Hillbilly is dogwater but you guys continue to be silent and not even acknowledge that maybe you guys went to hard on Hillbilly and took a once balanced Killer and Murdered him.

As someone who played Hillbilly in the OG days and is even still playing him now i have to admit Overheat is too limiting, His FOV is complete trash now and it's dogwater, Most of his addons are lowkey useless and some are over punished.

Hillbilly's only issue was his instant saw addons at the time what you guys have done is destroyed a once beloved killer and turned him into a shell of his former self. If you're serious about doing these Killer updates like yall talked about during the Anniversary Stream Hillbilly needs to be top priority if he isn't already. Also it makes no sense Huntress kept her base kit and her strongest addons but Billy was completely gutted spat on crapped on and forgotten.

(For those who wanna argue playrates and how do i know if Billy is underplayed okay simple name how many Billy's you seen in the past month).

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    edited June 2021

Billy is a Free Killer -> He's not earning money for them -> Billy is not a priority, at least right now.

There u go. Here's the formula BHVR follows.

----------

Anyway....

They could honestly start by giving him slightly more steering by default.

There's too much garbage & clutter on the reworked & new maps we have to dodge.

-------

Edit: Forgot to mention that Bily is heavily underplayed.

Meaning not many people complain about him or want him to get buffed, even though he's a Free Killer.

When it comes to feedback, it falls on deaf ears.

If you want BHVR to buff him, get a checkmark from Twitt-.... * Cough * Start posting in the Feedback & Suggestions section of this Forum and maybe you'll get noticed. That's a big IF you'll get noticed or think whatever you said is important & needed.

• MonsterInMyMind

Listen i was all for DLC characters getting love don't get it twisted but they completely crapped on billy and now are ghosting people who keep pointing out the facts.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

It's cus Bubba is a better version of Hillbilly. I dunno, that's what I think anyway.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877

Well, it's a bit circular. Billy isn't played a lot, so they're going to put their focus on other characters, which keeps the vicious cycle going.

• Airless
    Airless Member Posts: 156

They're too busy making charms

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

His add-ons need a rework everyone is glad double charge rate and cool down addons are gone, but pls give him something relevant use. His add-ons are just sad right now.

Side note low pro chains are perfect love them

• MonsterInMyMind

Nah its more then that Bubba doesn't take as much skill as Billy does thats issue one issue two is they gutted Billy's base kit which no one had an issue with until after it was nerfed then all of the sudden everyone had these Hillbilly stories about his basekit being sooo strong

• Baby_Victor
    Baby_Victor Member Posts: 486

He needed to be less powerful and less used so you could buy some DLC killers~

• MonsterInMyMind

Yeah but it shouldn't be that way what they need to focus on his Killers who aren't being played as much as the others are Billy is dead not because he takes a ton of skill but because hes ruined Hag is a different story shes super hard to master same with Nurse.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I did kinda suspect they were pushing people more towards bubba/oni/blight for this reason but what they did with wraith doesn't make sense in that light.

More likely they just don't want to admit they were wrong and remove a mechanic they spent time putting in.

• MonsterInMyMind

It's exactly that they don't want to admit they're wrong even though they are Billy is dogwater.

• loopsahoy
    loopsahoy Member Posts: 347

HILLBILLY BIASED ! never saw the day. There's more than a killer that comes WITH the game that we need some info on, especially how new moris will work.

• loopsahoy
    loopsahoy Member Posts: 347

I mean I play both sides, I've had my fair share of swf squads and 300 hours of solo queuing since December.

• Pilot
    Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
    edited June 2021

IMO Wraith happened to get a lot of attention recently which caught the attention of the Devs, hence why they buffed him.

His first change was an increase in his lunge radius. Or, to be more precise, he maintains the speed after he gets out of the cloak for a longer duration, which allows you to swing further, pretty much around an entire loop now if you abuse it properly. This is a change we did not ask for as a community. This is THEIR change, not ours.

The 2nd buff he got was a 20% or 25% increase in speed while cloaked. A change he desperately needed and the community always complained about. Most likely to shut us up & make us happy once and for all.

I'm also here to remind you that these were the first couple of buffs Wraith has received in 2 years... Yes, you heard it. If you follow the patch notes, you can see that Wraith has not received a buff or a change for 2 years, since 2018. These two buffs were the first after 2 years of complete silence

Which can also happen to Billy. He hasn't received any buffs since Last August, whereas Blight has received constant changes up to this day.

Now, the hard truth. If we don't get any buffs this next chapter release and there's nothing the mid-chapter patch that comes after. There are VERY low chances Billy will be buffed this year.

After all, the anniversary of the "Hillbilly Addon rework" & "Hillbilly was performing fine so we're just gonna change his addons" disaster is coming.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88

I do agree Billy needs a small boost honestly. I prefer this to be done via a boost to his base kit rather than addons, since relying on addons (especially rarer ones) can leads to unbalanced games.

Perhaps BHVR wants to keep Billt underpowered to prevent sales of Bubba being affected, but I don't think they will be if Billy is improved since Billy has a MUCH higher skill cap.

• MonsterInMyMind

Bubba sales weren't the issue he has BBQ his sales have and will always be good.

• aliquis
    aliquis Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2021

I am a hillbilly rank 1 main and i agree with the starting post. Instasaw billy was a problem, his charge time reducing addons.

Billy got hit so hard, the overheat, the grunt, wonky hitbox, most of his new addons are a joke (only doom engravings and spiked boots/boots are useful). He is surely among the killers with the worst addons in the game. He is also really map depending, some maps you can neither use your mobility to a good extend, nor your m2 to instadown. Against good survivor on a bad map (example lerys, underground lab , new coldwind, asylum, haddonfield, springwood, the game, hawkins, saloon), if the survivor are decent(they don't need to be gods), they only need to look a bit to not get caught in a deadzone to get backreved and use the vaults/pallets to make him a m1 killer without a power (only thing you can do is use m2 to zone a pallet to give the survivor a little less of a headstart).

Against good survivor(know how to loop, spread and do gens) on a bad map (which are most maps with strong tiles/pallets/vaults against billy) you get maybe 3 hooks and 1 kill if you camp the last hook.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I've never played Billy, yet he was annoying to face as well as fun, I genuinely didn't see the need to destroy him like they did. He was dangerous but was easily the most camping killer going.

• Saltjar34
    Saltjar34 Member Posts: 766

I just want overheat removed. That's all I want