Why Adrenaline So Rare?

Options

It rewarding genrush. You having free heal + speed boost. It can be conbine with any exhaustion perk. And also it can be second chance perk sometimes. If you were on hook, you will save with full health. It is really strong perk but i am seeing it so rare. What is reason?

Comments

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Probably because the perk is useless if you and your team don't power all the gens. Think about it, you're handicapping yourself of 1 perk slot unless certain circumstances are met.

With that being said, I think it's a great perk and use it sometimes myself, but I can see why others wouldn't.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,763
    Options

I personally don't like handicapping myself with 3 perks but I run it every once in awhile

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

While being powerful, Adrenaline is a gamble that a survivor will make it to the end game, and to get maximum value out of the perk; be injured/dying, in/just finished a chase, and the killer does not have NOED. All of those factors have varying levels of control from manageable to almost impossible, especially when all accounted for together. Thus, Adrenaline is usually opted out for more reliable and predictable/manageable, albeit less powerful, perks.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I used to run it a lot. But most of the time, I was already healthy when it hits. Speed? Most of the time, I'm away from the Killer.

It's one of my favorite perks, but I prefer to use one which helps me during the trial as I'm not sure to survive until the end.

And I remember this one time a Demo dropped me right after the fifth generator was repaired to hit me and cancel my Adrenaline. I think I started to consider replacing Adrenaline at this moment... 😹

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

I used to use it, but it's only really useful in two scenarios

1. You're getting chased and are injured
    2. You're injured and the final gen pops

I used to use it every game a year ago, but then realised that 90% of the time it was a wasted perk slot. Either I was fully healed when the last gen popped or we didn't power all gens, so I was just playing with 3 perks. It was a God perk in those scenarios where you're getting chased and get a free speed boost and when you got pulled off hook and fully healed.

Also the perk is hard countered by NOED, which is a perk I saw a lot when I decided to unequip it.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

All of the above, basically. I'm usually either dead or already healthy when it procs.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,637
    Options

Main reason why I don't run it is because it's only an endgame perk and I wanna be able to run 4 perks that can help me the whole match.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

It's a great perk and although it works with other exhaustion perks, it still makes you exhausted every time. So it's annoying when I'm already healthy and don't need the speed boost. If the killer then starts chasing me, I won't have ded ard in that chase.

• FreddysMain
    FreddysMain Member Posts: 289
    Options

When i play survivor i use that perk on all my survivors i play as.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Solos rarely finish all gens so it's a waste of a perk slot.

Also it makes low spec PCs and old gen consoles freeze for 2 solid seconds so it can get you killed due to the terrible optimisation.

• CheeseAnton
    CheeseAnton Member Posts: 882
    Options

Agreed with everyone else said. It also doesn't last long, only staying for 5 seconds and leaving you exhausted for 40 seconds. I also really don't like the exhaustion (like, what if I was fully healed, Adrenaline pops, killers finds and injures me quick, I can't use Dead Hard).

I'm gonna be honest, I don't really like Endgame perks (except on killers, it's funny there), and if I ever use one I'd rather it be Hope. I personally think Hope is the better endgame perk (it doesn't leave you exhausted, slightly counters NOED [NOED has a 4% speed boost, Hope has a 7%, you have 3% over NOED], lasts for 2 minutes, more consistent in the effect it gives [lasts longer than 5 seconds])

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 381
    Options

A perk that activates when all gens are done... while playing solo queue? AHAHAHAHAHA... no thx ;)

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

As others have said, too much of a gamble, especially for solo queue.

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408
    Options

Id rather run something to help me win for more of the trial and not just the end.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

It can be excellent in a swf. In just solo que though, I'd prefer to bring a perk that provides more consistent value throughout the match. Even if it's less impactful, I'm at least guaranteed to see some value.