The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why can survivors suicide to leave a match, yet killer's can't?

Rivyn
Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

If a survivor doesn't like the match, they simply die on hook. Yet the killer can't do the same (aside from dcing, then getting hit with the penalty), unless the survivors choose too. Even if you go afk in a corner for whatever reason, you still need to wait out survivors doing gens.

Why not just give the killer control of the gates after a certain period of time has past? Killer doesn't like the match up, they pop one open, force the EGC, and is on to a new match two minutes later. Either due to matchup, or toxicity, a noed/bloodwarden play, lost motivation, or even if the last two survivors are holding the match hostage. Pick your poison, it can fill a lot.

Comments

• BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

I advocate for killers having a suicide option.

( mostly because I want to see deathslinger do a really good cosplay of phineas gage )

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,950

I don't see why not seems fair

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,860

There shouldn’t even be ways to suicide in general lol.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

It's only because they're allowed to attempt to unhook themselves, without that they'd have to wait it out or dc.

• mynameisBlade
    mynameisBlade Member Posts: 325

That'd be awesome! I want Trapper to slam his face as hard as he can into his own trap for his HARA KIRI!!!

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I think there should be a way for people to end the match after 20-30 minutes.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    edited June 2021

Imagine if the killers mori'd themselves.

I can't get the image of Oni ripping out his own tongue and bonking his head over and over with his Kanabo out of my mind. Oh my.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 772

I honestly would love to have a give up button as a killer. I don't even care if it forfeits all of my points, and I'd be fine with it giving the survivors a massive BP bonus for it. I'd just like to be able to decide that a game cannot be recovered and move on to the next one.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

That’s not exactly entirely true anymore. Teammates will know hold you hostage by unhooking during the struggle phase. It’s pretty annoying when I don’t want to stay.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Well we came to point where killer's wants to suicide on hook 😂

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 772

I meant a way to give up, reward the survivors and just move on to the next match without the penalty, so I can use my time in a match that is more worth my time.

I have AFKd before after giving up on matches. That gives full control to how much the match lasts to survivors, sometimes they will literally stay there forever doing nothing.

Like OP said, survivors can just suicide, get no penalty besides points and maybe pips and move on to the next match. I wish killers could have a similar option.

Obviously I wouldn't want the killer to just be able to immediately give up because they get a map they don't like or something, because to be fair survivors also had to go through a queue, but at the very least if like a few gens are done and there was a match that was played at least for a bit, let the killer concede...

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130

Seems fair to me.

• kittykutie
    kittykutie Member Posts: 1

I think it’s fair but I doubt they’d ever add this feature only because it’s purpose isn’t rlly that game changing.

• Midnght
    Midnght Member Posts: 65

lol make the killer find the hatch to leave :D

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

You actually already have the ability to open the gates for yourself when the last generator is powered. I personally don't object to the killer being able to open them after certain amount of time is passed and forcing the EGC to start.