Make Trapper unable to trap exit gates?

Options

Now I know Trapper isn't a super strong killer to begin with, you need lots of tactics to play him right, but still.

The endgame as it is is already highly killer-favored, as you're one person, and likely the hatch is already closed. There's two exit gates, which often spawn within a distance from one another, which any killer can pass within mere seconds, much faster than exits can be opened.

However, that's a topic for another time maybe, what I'd like to see is making exit gate levers untrappable. At least for the Trapper himself, because you cannot pass his trap unharmed unless you disable it, which always causes an audio cue to happen and alarm him. Now while this could potentially be outplayed by at least 2 survivors, it's almost entirely impossible to outplay for only one, making the Endgame even less survivable.

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I agree trapper shouldn't be able to place traps under the lever. I don't think Hag can from my experience.

• blitzkrieg
    blitzkrieg Member Posts: 7
    Options

I thought she could? Forgive me if I'm wrong, i haven't played in a few months, but I've had a few games in the past where she did place a trap directly underneath the lever.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 994
    Options

Many killers can't trap underneath exit gates, so it's always been a little weird for me that Trapper is allowed.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,647
    Options

Blight and nurse shouldn't be able to traverse between exit gates so fast it is disgustingly oppressive how these op killers use their unfair power to their advantage

Nightmare, hag and twins also shouldn't be able to do that. I am a survivor. Like it's literally in the name. I am supposed to survive but how am I supposed to do that with all these stupid brainless killers using their powers to impede my escape? Like hello? Exit gates should be open once the killer closes the hatch so survivors stand a fair chance to escape

• Tricksterisfun
    Tricksterisfun Member Posts: 10
    Options

Hag can't place traps directly under a exit gate, but the range is big enough that the lever is in range of the trap. However you can crouch and open the gate without triggering the trap. Atleast thats what I know as a Hag main.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

So what are you gonna give him in exchange for this nerf?

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I just thought she couldn't from my experience, maybe she can now I guess idk.

• aztaszegyen
    aztaszegyen Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2021
    Options

survivors aren't supposed to survive. surviving is an achievement, not a pre-given entitlement. should i say that "oh, i'm a hurdurr killer, i am supposed to kill!" no. killing is something that i achieve if i play well. if i suck, i only get 1K or none. also the idea that the exit gates open automatically after the hatch is closed. dude. the hatch only opens if only 1 survivor is left on the map (either 3 dead, or 3 left which implies that the gate is open), or if a key is used. if a key is used and more of you get stuck in the game other than the key user because the killer closes it... that's your bad luck. what you guys are saying is the stupid brainless nonsense. not the killer powers and being able to trap the gates. it takes 3.5 seconds from you to disarm it. if you're afraid, then leave it to someone ballsy and hide in a locker in the meantime. you again just want to punish the killer role because you're hurt for whatever reason. what about when the exit gates spaw on opposite sides of red forest? that's fun for me as killer i suppose that by the point i reach halfway of the map to check one gate, you already opened the other one. opening a gate takes 20 seconds for you. sometimes it takes 20+ for a killer to check the gates, sometimes it's 5 seconds. that's map RNG for you. deal with it.

• MementoMori_Massacre
    MementoMori_Massacre Member Posts: 35
    Options

But placing the traps under the lever is all part of the fun! 😋 Don’t take away any last remnants of fun left in this game; There’s been far too much of that happening already.

• BronzeHandModel
    BronzeHandModel Member Posts: 116
    Options

nerf the trapper??? lol really he is one of the weaker killers. Most of the time when i play against trapper he kills me before all gens are done or i leave through exit gates even with the lever trapped, what not happens often in my games against him!

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

I'm assuming when you play trapper you don't trap the exit gates, so you have 1st hand experience on why he shouldn't be able to, right?

• aztaszegyen
    aztaszegyen Member Posts: 24
    Options

your profile pic just reminded me: don't even get me started on how they castrated ya boy fredster... disgrace.