The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do you have fun playing against meta/top-tier killers?

Revolver_Ocelot
Revolver_Ocelot Member Posts: 92

I'm looking at you Nurse, Spirit, and Hag players. On top of meta builds like Hex: Ruin and Hex: Undying, and the very frequent slugging, camping, and otherwise blatant effort to ruin the survivor side's fun, there is no way to avoid them. If you are in Red Ranks, this is all you'll see.

I'd like to be able to play for fun, but no one does that anymore in Red Ranks and I don't want to purposefully lose to lower my rank.

Does anyone else have fun against these Killers?

Do you have fun playing against meta/top-tier killers? 83 votes

Yes, they are fun to play against.
44%
WeederickGibberishAdelooOnryosTapeRentalsAcromioTapeKnot[Deleted User]musstang62anonymous31337GlamourousLeviathanLeachy_JrCornHubWarcrafter4Morpheus_7_Lusiem9xtr4meWitchQueenTrinaTripleStealTsukiYureiPookalookie 37 votes
No, they are not fun to play against.
55%
Mister_xDCookieBawsFIEND8LOODEDRyDJacoby2041BabyCameron10maaadinsomniacSkeletalElitexEaMrPenguinTaigaMrsGhostfaceRoboMojoIcewhisperRevolver_OcelotTatariuHannonlandromatGamekeeperAwkward_Fiend 46 votes

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014
    edited June 2021

God Nurses and Hag in general are miserable to play against. However, I can see Spirit becoming fun to play against once she gets consistent counterplay.

• Thr_ust
    Thr_ust Member Posts: 481

Yes and no. On the rare occasion where I decide to run an actual sweat squad and take off my addiction perks for meta perks. Those killers are usually the only ones who can actually give me a run for my money. However that’s like 10% of the games I play and getting bodied by a meta killer when I’m running autodidact is rough

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

I don't enjoy playing against nurse hag or spirit at all. Spirit is probably the least bad offender of anti fun. Nurse is only bad if the player is good and hag is just boring no matter how you put it.

While not meta, I also dislike playing against pyramid head and deathslinger.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

I love going against spirit.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Not a fan of going up against super sweaty killers or survivors. Especially every match maybe once in a blue moon, but simply no.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

wth I meant to vote earlier.

• Lusiem9
    Lusiem9 Member Posts: 87

Yes i love to face a good huntress, Blight, Hag or Nurse but the black sheep for me is the Spirit. I just goddamit hate playing against her.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

I think there should be a depends option.

Some killers, such as Blight, I love to play against. Others such as Spirirt I despise.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

High tier killers in general? Yes.

The ones you listed? Absolutely not.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

Not really, it can become very boring

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 517

I enjoy versing a killer I have to actually respect. I do understand the criticism with spirit though

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

For the most part, I really really do no enjoy facing the stronger killers. I suck at Survivor, so anyone who is playing a strong killer and are vaguely good with them, will just destroy me. This is especially the case due to the fact that I typically play in solo que when I do play Survivor. I'm only in red ranks because I play a lot and the rank reset bug meant I didn't go back in ranks at all. I hate playing against all these sweaty Nurses but the game has cursed me :(

• Awkward_Fiend
    Awkward_Fiend Member Posts: 687

I don't really care about Slugging, sometimes it's required. I do enjoy going against some strong killers (Blight or P head for example) but Nurse and Spirit bore me, and don't make me mention Hag with Agitation.

• ShamelessPigMain
    ShamelessPigMain Member Posts: 1,877
    edited June 2021

9 out of 10 times, the Nurses and Hags you go against are pretty bad. So that's the saving grace when playing against really top-tier killers, that beginners struggle with them more than you do.

But if it's the case that you're going against a player who knows the ins and outs of their meta killer, it's not going to be fun. I usually just AFK in a basement locker because I know there's absolutely no way we're going to win, especially down here in rank 5.

• Avignon
    Avignon Member Posts: 133

I mean.... beyond the obvious... the obvious one speaking as a killer main i refused to play because toxicity and now playing more survivor games i can see how horrible SHE is...

I do enjoy playing vs Blight, Huntress even Nurse, because as a killer main the whole game of "ok i'd do X in this situation, lets see how you play it" is fun. Even get the "nice" moments when i understand a killer pulls off something awsome other people might call BS on and i go "cool, didn't know you could get that angle!"

• patchoulisun
    patchoulisun Member Posts: 20

I love going against nurses! When I first started playing I found her annoying to go against, but after playing more and learning how to counter her I think she's a nice challenge! I don't mind hag, as long as it's not a basement hag. :') And I also enjoy going against spirit, I dunno, I kinda like the guessing game.

• VoidGenom
    VoidGenom Member Posts: 16

Depends, Blight is super fun to go against. Rather face a good nurse than a bad doctor who can't catch survivors and just makes them scream over and over

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Nurse, spirit, twins, and hag are all awful to go against IMO. Blight, Oni, and Huntress are fun to go against though

• mightytoxic784
    mightytoxic784 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 14

Whenever i go against a spirit or hag i want to slam my face into my desk its painful but nurse i dont mind

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

I hate playing against the nurse, i don't understand why people think it's a fair and balanced killer.

If you play against a nurse and she blinks for the first time almost everytime all of my teammates just DC because they removed the penalty for Disconnecting. If you lose from a nurse they almost always say gg ez win.

( I'm not saying every nurse says that but usually nurse killers aren't very friendly in the endgame chat.)

I don't mind playing against the spirit, most spirit's i play against aren't that good.

I understand why people think spirit is a little too strong sometimes, if you play aginst a really experienced Spirit main killer it can be really hard sometimes.

I didn't see a hag for quite some time now, i think hag is ok to play against.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265

The options are too limited, I hate going against spirit, but I love going against nurse

• D4M4VR1CK
    D4M4VR1CK Member Posts: 58

A good death-slinger or blight is fun to go against... but spirit or hag isn't really fun to go against because it's kinda the same old story

• Morpheus_7_
    Morpheus_7_ Member Posts: 348

if the player isn't toxic, it's fun because the challenge is complicated and addicting!

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

Nurse is my absolute favorite killer to play against, so yes.

• Pookalookie
    Pookalookie Member Posts: 31

I didn’t realize Hag was considered top tier when you can just remove her traps with a flashlight. I haven’t played against top tier killers so I know My opinion is faulty/biased.

• RyD
    RyD Member Posts: 6

I solo queue mostly, and sometimes duo with a friend of lower skill level. I try to run more fun stuff like For The People x Deliverance.

With these things combined, going against a sweaty setup or a spirit usually ends up with me suiciding on hook or DCing, and I'll try another match.