People, please run DS

2»

Comments

• Starshadw
    Starshadw Member Posts: 266

This is the problem with ALL such perks - they don't tend to actually save you. They buy you a few more seconds before you're downed. This is why I will never understand people screaming about Sprint Burst or DS or heck, ANY of the other things a survivor can do (such as a pallet stun - and that's if you can get one these days) to eke out a tiny, temporary reprieve. If a Killer has decided you're their target, none of these things will save you. None of them guarantee an escape because the effects are too short. With regards to DS - latency and lag make hitting difficult skill checks a PITA, which is why I will never run the perk. Plus? I don't find the effect to be worth it. A 5-second stun? By the time your own character "recovers" from being dropped, it's really more like 3 seconds. A 3-second head start (when you're already injured)? That and ten dollars will buy you a cup of coffee, maybe. It sure as heck isn't going to buy you an escape. Now, if wiggling out/DS meant that you lost your injured status? Sure, that would be powerful. As it stands? No.

• Miles
    Miles Member Posts: 461

people slept on ds hard. even the statistics showed that even tho less people use it, their escape rate is the exact same.

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153

Lol I didn't even know this is the consensus now I still run it all the time bc it dose what its meant for. An can still bring a stack to mome just needs some more planing.

• DudelPumaAce
    DudelPumaAce Member Posts: 305

no dont do that, you must be usless, its a bad perk... (for me was before to)

OoO is a same perk like MoM and Balance is a dead perk nobody will use it, not for fun never ever... its trash !

• _NIGHTMARE_
    _NIGHTMARE_ Member Posts: 727

I never ran it in the first place. DS is a bit more situational and I'd rather run a perk that I know for sure I'll be getting some value out of.

• Rouge
    Rouge Member Posts: 102

Yeah I'm pretty tired of people who aren't very good at looping just getting tunneled and not wasting enough time to punish the killer, if I give you BT, take hits and all of that and you still go down in like 15 seconds you may want to start running it just for your team at that point.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,114

Maybe if they make it activate on both my hooks, then I will tbh.

• Gnarly
    Gnarly Member Posts: 429

DS only is helpful if your not doing anything after being unhooked. I prefer Resilience and just do a Gen...plus dead hard gots my back. Is tunneling lame? Sure, but DS won't prevent it. In fact it relies on you getting downed within a said time.

I can make an average chase last 40 Seconds if I'm not caught in a dead zone.