The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Body blocking with BT is annoying.

Ruma
Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

I dont care, increase the timer to 1000 seconds and make it tank 10 hits but [BAD WORD] remove the option to bodyblock the killer so they cant down the rescuer. Its so annoying. And then they proceed to complain i tunnel them.

I dont have anything against the perk itself, its just [BAD WORD] annoying if you REALLY want to hit the rescuer and this guy just tbags and bodyblocks you, knowing there is NOTHING you can do right now.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,771
    edited June 2021

There is plenty you can do right now. In most cases you can run around the person bodyblocking. In many cases you can wait out the BT timer as well. Some killers can't really be bodyblocked (e.g. Bubba). Taking a protection hit immediately after getting unhooked is also pretty risky, because you're asking the killer to chase you and put you right back on the hook. So, if they're bodyblocking effectively, just hit them, chase them, and hook them again. If they don't want you to split hooks, then don't!

• Ruma

In some areas you cant move around them, sadly. And most of the time they do block you, theres either atleast one or more pretty strong tiles nearby, which would cost you ALOT of time OR they have DS which also will cost you alot of time. @ClumsyTrapper @notstarboard

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544

I've never seen a situation where a survivor could body block while safely running a tile and DS is almost none existent anymore there are actually post on the forum begging people to use it again. And if all else fails just hit the guy protected by by then continue hunting the rescuer

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,771

DS is pretty darned rare nowadays. If there are strong tiles nearby, you're not wasting any more time going for the unhooker than the unhookee. In both cases they will be injured after you hit them and will have strong tiles nearby. If the person who just got unhooked takes the hit, though, they will have to chase through deep wound VFX, which can cause mistakes, and they have already been hooked at least once so you'll be close to removing them from the game.

There are certainly situations in which it makes sense to bodyblock the killer with BT, but the odds of having a suitable situation for bodyblocking in which you can't wait out the BT timer or run around them, and you're not playing a killer like Bubba or Trickster that basically can't be bodyblocked, and there's also a strong tile nearby, and the survivor is also running DS, and slugging that survivor isn't a good option, etc. are extremely low. There's almost always a way that you can play around it, and if not, oh well; there are countless situations in DBD in which players will just happen to be running the perfect set of perks for a given situation and will get good use out of them. It's really not an issue imo.

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705

And camping and slugging them is, too. This crap isn't fun. You know, fun? The thing that gets brought up any time a Survivor wants something nerfed?

Killers want it, too. Intentionally blocking the Killer is boring and absolutely ruins immersion, which ruins my fun. So to counter it i'll tunnel and camp any team that looks the least bit coordinated. Fair?

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

so if an injured surv unhooks me and you’re camping the hook you want me to let you kill this surv, don’t you? Sorry, but I would body block

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

all im gonna say about that is that if someone bodyblocks with BT they have no right to complain about me going after them afterwards.

so in short, BT bodyblocking isnt worth it unless you got DS aswell.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I don't have a problem with them doing it, the body blocking, but it annoys me that they then complain about being Tunneled after they CHOSE to take that hit and stick around so they became the only viable target after the person they body blocked for heads for the hills.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

fair enough but again if you get tunneled and camped afterwards you have no right to complain.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

A great strat is to wait it out, makes it easier with the time nerf. I've caught many survs bcuz they want to bodyblock with BT & don't even have ds.

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843

You just need to count to 12 then down them and hook them now look at the end game chat for the salty survivor yOu TuNeL mE yOu PoS

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

They should just remove collision when you are given BT.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Here comes the post crying about a perfectly acceptable strategy that the killer can play around lol

• nicnc82
    nicnc82 Member Posts: 372

As a killer main I don't ever need to camp and tunnel. I don't resort to trash tactics even If they are valid

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

And you also have wait out the remaining 48 seconds of their DS as well, unless you think it's faster eat the DS and catch them again.

With BT and DS, you pretty much waste time regardless what you do.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695
  • Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

Yeah, I don't like it, either. It goes against the spirit of the perk, IMO -- the point is to protect the person getting unhooked, not to turn them into a shield for the person who did the unhooking.

That said, if someone unhooks me with BT and I notice (which, TBH, I might not), I do feel social pressure to try to take a hit, because that seems to have become the expected behaviour.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723

It's a necessary evil. Without doing so, it would end up just being a hook trade. What's the point of unhooking if the unhooker is guaranteed to be hooked next? It has its' purpose.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

Sounds like youre camping or at least proxy camping the hook and expecting survivors to feed you easy hooks

• Ruma

Oh yea, i am camping because i immedialy inhook in my face right after i turn around. How dare i.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

No. That is abusing perk.

BT & DS are here for stop tunnel and camp. But this survivors using them for bodyblock. And again survivors abusing some perks and when they got nerfs, keep saying "that nerfed unfairly."

• BronzeHandModel
    BronzeHandModel Member Posts: 116

Yeah hook them again. If they complain....pfff. who gives a f...?! You can play like you want to. And sometimes they force u to play like this. Their fault

• Avignon
    Avignon Member Posts: 133

Ow yes the 60 seconds of total invulnerability got "ruined" ... and we're not complaining about BT itsself idealy it shouldn't even be a thing outside brown ranks....

The "problem" with BT is that's its supposed to be an anti tunelling wich at red ranks is allmost never used for that. The only time BT actually procs for me is if someone gets an unhook, within medium distance, i go to check and i find the person unhooked instead of the Blendette that came for the rescue.

Hell i would be 100% ok with BT being a DEFAULT thing, it helps at low ranks where alot of tunelling does happen, and it helps people without alot of DLC, BUT it stops working once the exit gates are powered.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited June 2021

Then why aren't you on Reddit or the steam forums where I heard survivor are the vocal whining majority?

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I just hit the person that body blocks and then down them and rehook them. It was their choice to squander the protection to get away from the hook. I don't lose any sleep over it; I just resent the salt at the end as they are failing to take responsibility for their action and incorrectly identifying being Tunneled. They chose to stay and take the hit and make themselves the only viable target. That is on them and I don't want to hear the hypocritical lies they tell themselves by spewing them at me.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I usually try to avoid the BT body blocking nerds, but if they are really obnoxious about taking that hit to the point their rescuer gained a lot of distance because of it, I just down them again and hook them because thats what they want me to do

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981

Seriously, if they are begging for it, just hook them again. Wait 12 seconds and play the waitings game. Borrow Time is fine here as it has counterplay (counting down) and you can learn it. Its nothing highly mechanical it is just counting.

If a survivor wants to bodyblock, let them be and walk around them or take the bait, wait it out and down him again after BT runs out and then hook or slug the survivor depending on the situation and if you suspect a Deceisive Strike.

Sure they will complain about "tunneling". And yes you tunneled here but you tunneled on an invitation. If someone tries to bodyblock they are inviting you to a chase and they pay the price if they screw it up. I call it "self induced tunneling" as opposed to "team induced tunneling" and "killer induced tunneling". Just enjoy the salt it adds tast to your victory when you play it right.

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Do just like I do, just wait out his bt.

Done that yesterday when I tried to go for the rescuer and the guy with bt just bodyblocked really good.

Couldn't go around him so I just waited till I saw him do anything which indicates that his bt was over, and in this case he used dead hard to a pallet.

His only problem is he panicked dead hard and was to early, so down he went and went against the unhooker while the other stayed on the ground.

• FreakPrince
    FreakPrince Member Posts: 526

I love when a survivor does it. I see it as an invitation to tunnel. And they almost never use DS.

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

Abuse your anti tunnel and lose your right to complain about tunneling:

If you do it to me when I am the killer I'll probably tunnel you to death and not feel bad about it.

or

If you do it to the killer when I am your teammate your probably going to be tunneled to death and I won't feel even remotely bad for you.

I never try to do it intentionally and if I do I fully expect/accept getting tunneled out of the game for it.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

I remember a jane dead harded out of taking a bt hit for me when i decided to fetch her ass from basement when it was just us two left vs a pig that wouldn't let me boop, and that has cemented my policy of im not getting someone if we're the last 2 alive and they're in basement

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119

I see here a lot of people that need friends

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

oh true true. I do think bt is in a good sport rn however

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

Then just tunnel the person with BT out of the trial. Problem solved

• aliquis
    aliquis Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2021

Agree, when a survivor tries to be annoying and bodyblocks you with BT just count down the bt timer before hitting him. Try to block any nearby vault or pallet by standing in front of it, then facecamp and tunnel him out of the game. Next time, that survivor will think twice about doing it again.