So zombies was shadow nerfed? They're completely clueless now.

EntitySpawn
EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

So I have encountered many situations where the zombies are just all out bad. I think I have had 1 zombie hit out of god know how many games

They have no detection behind them, they will not turn around even if the survivor is within a few metres. Some survivor can touch the back of the zombies and the zombie will attack forwards and not behind meaning the survivor doesnt get hurt.

Often some zombies will just watch survivors at gens, the wont chase them of but instead just stand there.

Zombies give up a chase even if the survivors remains at the exact same small loop they was at when chase first started.

Some zombies get stuck, never leaving a very small section and sometimes just wonder to the edge of the map away from all gens, loops, other objects than can be interacted by normal player making them useless.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited June 2021

If you see zombies standing still near gens the survivors are probably keeping blinding them

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

There needs to be a range limitation though. Otherwise they’re just going to e constantly turning ad icing towards every single noise, which in this game is a lot.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Okay range limit is fine, but just because the zombie is facing the other way doesnt mean it cant hear the actions which is a huge issue, alot of the issues are things that shouldn't be happening but are. If theres a small loop of a few metres how can the zombie lose them, why are survivors able to do gens with 4metre of a zombie etc.

Nah you can easily tell stunned zombies, it was just standing there watching them. Once I chased them off the gen the zombie moved again

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    edited June 2021

Zombies are attracted to noise notifications, Survivors and Killers can control their actions by sound. Get creative.

It may not be perfect but it can atleast guide them to where you would maybe want them.

For example using Oppression on a gen thats nearby, someone across the map fails the skillcheck and suddenly they need to leave that gen because one of your zombies must go check that gen.

But this could be countered by that survivor throwing a pebble in the general direction of the incoming zombie or fast vaulting outside of the zombies los of the gen.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

The default range a zombie can detect a noise notification or survivor is 14 meters but will only chase if the survivor is in its FOV of 95° otherwise it will walk to the origin of the notification and wait for 1.5 seconds before resuming patrol, at 20 meters apart the zombie will stop chasing you even if in its 95° FOV.

Detection Range Add Ons will improve this.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,859

The zombies are definitely less aggressive than what I saw in the ptb

• AlanTheMelonOrEntity
    AlanTheMelonOrEntity Member Posts: 24

Tbh, zombies are mainly for blocking corridors, pallets or vaults but are honestly pretty bad at chasing and actually doing anything beneficial.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    edited June 2021

Idk what you’re talking about, I’ve had zombies pushing me off gens and totems constantly

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

yeah i really wish there were more zombies on the map, depending on the size of the map it could up to 4 !

• Sabraiz
    Sabraiz Member Posts: 566

Just lead them to a dead end where they will be stuck walking against a window for the rest of the trial.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,244

As usual, they wildly overcorrected from PTB. They don't have a subtle touch with PTB nerfs. I had two instances where zombies stood and watched survivors open exit gates from <10m away. My zombies hit 2 survivors in 10 games. They bodyblocked me more than they helped

• DTJObe
    DTJObe Member Posts: 170

They should follow basic zombie rules. A generator being worked on nearby? Noise attracts a zombie. Fast vault, dropped pallet, or fast locker? Noise attracts a zombie. And before people say: "But a zombie moving straight to a generator is OP!!!", consider the state of Nemesis. It takes 3 hits to down a survivor, including giving them two speed bursts. The zombies move terribly slow. His power takes multiple hits to become decent. Adding slight gen slowdown in the form of noise-based patrolling zombies wouldn't do anything except balance him.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I'd be fine with them just mindlessly chasing survivors I just find it annoying when they get bad spawn rng or get stuck

• Scream_Queen865
    Scream_Queen865 Member Posts: 110

Well they are funny. I was doing a gen and one came off a hill very slowly and was walking towards me but stopped and turned around and walked away. I laughed so hard 😅. The other gen I could hear a Zombie and it sounded like he was literally right on top of me but he was no where to be found...ehh I like it lol🧟🧟

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267

The zombies in Resident Evil don't just stop give up chasing you after 5 seconds. You can walk past them so easily and sometimes they don't even try to chase and get stuck on a vault.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Zombies stuck always on the Saloon's stairs.

I don't know how or why, but they seems less agressive and more stupid than PTB.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

They're bots ofc they are clueless what did u expected? 4vs3 game mode when playing nemesis?

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

If a survivor runs right next them them and they still dont turn around to start a chase, theres something wrong.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,554

I've had zombies wait at loops and at exit gates for me

I've had zombies stop on top of my downed body

I've had zombies teleport to my gen as im nearing completion (literally, they rose out of the ground a few meters away from my gen)

I think it's a luck of the draw thing.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

Post seems wack they chase me off gens almost everytime.