How on earth do you get this challenge done?!

KeiOrtem
KeiOrtem Member Posts: 252

Macmillan's Mastery, oh how I loathe thee... Like its hard(at least for me) to get this challenge done because I'm always stuck in redranks and the time I play I usually end up getting really good survivors(not to mention I'm utter garbo without decent perks) How on earth are you supposed to get this challenge done? I know its basically an adept trapper but you also get an extra perk slot but still it feels really rough to even try and get done. Its almost as bad as the plague challenge we had last page. Is it just me or are survivor challenges like a lot easier compared to killers? I seem to blow through survivor challenges rather easily while killer challenges are so slow.

Comments

• Magnathema
    Magnathema Member Posts: 27

I think you don't actually have to play Trapper to do that one. I could be wrong, since I just did it as an "Adept Trapper" + Corrupt Intervention. But the icon for it is just the generic killer one, so I think you can do it as Nurse or Spirit with Trapper's perks. That might help.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

I managed to do it during MMR test

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

just pick a killer, equip the perks + one that helps the killer and play well?

it's not hard...

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

You do realize that not every person that plays has every single perk on every killer right?

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

Can confirm; I did it with my boy Oni

OP: I just chose my best killer and played until I pulled it off. I actually got pretty lucky with a pretty bad survivor crew my first shot at it (Oni being one of my better killers helps too).

I can see it being a pain in the arse but it's one of those that you just bang your head into the wall until it falls over. Maybe you can manage in one like I did or you get stuck in some kind of awful Groundhog Day Time Loop but all you can do is choose someone you're good with and hammer away until you knock it out.

• Alice_pbg

I know.

I said, A killer. whichever killer they have it unlocked on.

if they have none, then they have to play trapper or leave the challenge for later.

either way, killing 3 people in 1 trial is pretty normal. people do it all the time. you just gotta put enough time into it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Completed this one with Bubba.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

ya people 3k all the time sure but obviously he seems to not have great perks on his trapper, probably is not a trapper main, hopefully he is lucky and has all three of those perks on a killer. I personally thought it was easy but I play a decent amount of trapper without knowing everyone's background I just don't see how you tell them they should do it easily. That's all I mean by it.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Use your best killer with good addons, Trapper's teachables and a fourth perk, then go to a favorable map, play at a time of the day when games are softer and lobby dodge if necessary. I can't make it easier than that.

• Alice_pbg
    edited June 2021

you are assuming they don't have good stuff unlocked on their trapper. they might have, but just don't like playing trapper.

also, I didn't say it was easy. I said it wasn't hard. easy and hard aren't the only 2 options.

whatever character he plays, he will eventually 3k. either by randomly finding easy survivors or by getting good at it. all this takes is time.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I did it yesterday with trapper + corrupt intervention. I kinda like these mini-adept challenges tbh

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

Did it with Hillbilly and BBQ. He’s already a killer I feel comfortable without gen regression perks.

Brutal and Agitation felt pretty nice.

• PureHostility
    PureHostility Member Posts: 708

I did it on Huntress with Nurse's as fourth perk.

It is just a normal game with "non meta perks". And AFAIK you don't need merciless but just kill 3 or 4 survivors, right? That's one of the easiest challenges possible...

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Get the perks on a killer you like to play as, and feel comfortable with. I did it with Pig + Tampered Timer with a Midwich offering.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

Basement trapper with either iron grip or corrupt with a stictched and fastening tools/iri stone is pretty good if you want to achieve it with trapper, throw mcmillan or red forest, he works amazingly good in those maps since theres a lot of grass and it will mostly always hide your traps. You can't really do anything if you get too invested on a chase and lose 3 gens before the first hook unless they get greedy and go down as a team trying to unhook someone. This challenge can't really be done playing fair unless you land with new/unskilled players.