Why not…?

Since you’ve done it for gay pride this month, will you be making a keychain for hetero pride next month? We have a flag too. It would be nice to show the other side of the coin since we are not included in gay pride.

before you say this is a troll, I am being extremely serious. I want to show my pride as well for being myself.

Comments

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

It’s not even gay pride but LGBTQ+ and That doesn’t even exclude heterosexuality…

Also please inform yourself what ‚straight pride‘ stands for. It’s not actually to just be proud of being heterosexual but it just arose to be anti-LGBTQ+. I am not saying you can’t be proud of yourself if you are heterosexual. But that’s definitely not what straight pride or hetero pride stands for sadly.

• ZeroTodona
    ZeroTodona Member Posts: 15

I disagree. Plus this is a topic of equality. That symbol does not include straight people. Just like it doesn’t not included all lgb people. It’s a movement. So why can’t we have the straight pride flag too? You know we support lgb also.

• Mooks

The rainbow flag is the LGBTQ+ flag with + including literally every sexuality. There is no explicit exclusion here and that’s not a question of your opinion or if you agree or disagree.

and again, straight pride is about being a direct response to gay or LGBTQ+ pride and not actually about being straight.

• ZeroTodona

I don’t see 3 black and 2 white lines on the gay pride flag. You must be confusing the super straight flag troll with the normal straight pride flag. Plus it is equality by supporting both flag. it’s why they make straight pride with that triangle thing in support of straight allies. The lgb people are just as important as the s people.

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130

a new forum account just to make a troll post to make LGBT people angry... perfect lol. LBGT includes all sexualities, and just because white/black isn't there doesn't mean anything, it's because it's a RAINBOW. Natural rainbows do not have white or black in it, and that's literally just science. Find me a natural rainbow that is white/black and then the LGBT flag can be changed to include it.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

What we really need is flags to represent everyone, whether it's nationality or sexuality.

Think about it, Pansexual flags, Bisexual flags, as well as USA flags, Canada flags, etc. It's definitely not something that should be top priority but should be considered (this includes Heterosexual flags as well).

• Nyx32
    edited June 2021

The LGBT flag includes heterosexual as it includes every sexuality... the heterosexual flag itself is more so used to insult the LGBT community, while actual heterosexuality is supported by nature in the LGBT flag

and "but the LGBT flag doesn't have black or white"... wanna know why? Because it's a rainbow. Rainbows don't have black or white.

Also what's the point of a flag if it represents everyone? This is meant to be LGBT month, not human month. Flags would be meaningless if they had no meaning behind them; there's a reason most countries take pride in them.

• Mooks

you must be confusing something as the rainbow flag does not exclude straight people..

the rainbow flag is not in any way whatsoever meant to say lgb people are more important than straight people.

(Also there is a ‚more inclusive‘ updated version for the pride flag, and the official dbd Twitter Account was asked for it and they wanted to see if they can get it/forward the suggestion for that to the dev team)

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221

Oh don't get me wrong, I agree with everything you're saying but I figured more flags would make more people feel represented. Not trying to trash on LGBTQ month, just proposing an idea.

• Nyx32

Yeah I get it, I just think since it's pride month we should focus on what that month represents y'know?

Most games actually have an icon system with every big country's flag, but I don't know how long it'd take them to make that many charms.

• ZeroTodona

I’ve always been here since I started the game last year. Lgb does not support straight pride.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404

unnecessary. 👍🏼

• Mooks

please inform yourself what straight pride actually is. Because you are assuming it is something that it definitely is not.

• Nyx32
    edited June 2021

wrong yet again, I really wish you would look into ANYTHING about the lgbt+ community before trying to make a bait post about it. your baiting is ######### terrible man. you could at least try to put in some effort.

again, LGBT+ supports every sexuality, including heterosexuality. that's literally what the + means in the name. if you can't even know the basic concept of it, please don't try to make a comment of it.

• ZeroTodona

I have informed myself and you are behaving like a bigot.

• ZeroTodona

You do not support straights. It is everything but supporting straights. Also you are sexist for assuming I am a man.

• Mooks

I told you there is a difference between being proud of yourself as a heterosexual and ‚straight pride‘ movement. That’s a fact. How am I being a bigot by telling you that?

also you are still saying the LGBTQ+ community would not support heterosexuality which is also just wrong. There might be some extremists inside the community but those definitely don’t represent the whole community.

• ZeroTodona

literally by your logic, we shouldn’t support gay pride as well because you’re judging the other side as extremist only. Most are not, the loudest voices are. It goes both ways.

• Mooks

It’s still LGBTQ+ pride and not only gay pride. As in, no exclusion..

and straight pride is literally only created as a response to LGBTQ+ or gay pride. That’s the whole point. Straight pride literally stands for those extremists. Gay pride and later on expanded to LGBTQ+ pride was never meant to exclude others or be an attack towards straight people.

• Mooks

And just to be clear, there are no different sides for the LGBTQ+ community. At least the ‚other side‘ are not heterosexual people as they are very much included. That’s what the rainbow flag is standing for, stop thinking in different sides.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

Hmmm.....nah, there's no point in adding the "hetero flag" to the game. The fact that there even is a flag for something like that is kinda ridiculous anyway. All I'm gonna say on the subject, even though I'm 99% sure this is a troll post intended to stir #########.

• ZeroTodona

It’s not a troll post. It’s a feedback post and suggestion to the devs. It’s why I put it in here. For the devs to think about it. Though clearly the devs don’t care about everyone or as you said, they wouldn’t put it in here. Though now that you mention it, but putting it in the game, they are doing what all the other companies do and pander. I honestly didn’t think about that.

• HarleyQuin_n2K16
    HarleyQuin_n2K16 Member Posts: 98

I am sorry I have never heard heterosexual persons being targeted violently for their sexuality or been publicly degraded. Pride is the embodiment of LGBTQ+ individuals where we are acknowledged, and heard. I do not think that "straight-pride" is a thing nor ever should it be, I did not choose to be gay, I did not choose this life. I have to endure what others project and throw at me just because they do not understand what it is like and what this community has been through especially the elder members who have been publicly assaulted, killed, humiliated, loss job opportunities, lost family, and so on so forth. This post seems like a cry for attention, and honestly its disrespectful and childish.

In short words no. "straight-pride" is every other month of the year, its when you have kids, when you raise a family, when you can openly talk to your parents and friends about relationships. When you can go in public and people not assume your personality just because of who you identify as, when in general corporations do not make your sexuality a marketing strategy. When you are not treated as an object but a person. Unlike how easy it seems for you to say that to this community there is more behind Gay Pride, and Pride Month than meets the eye.

The straight pride movement is a mockery of any person who is not straight just as white lives matter go against black lives matter. I would suggest you educate yourself on this material before you speak about it on public forms of communication, where people can screen shot and forever embedded in the internet.

Thank you DBD for not pandering to others and for actually trying to be inclusive and show compassion for those who have to endure this life.

• HarleyQuin_n2K16
    HarleyQuin_n2K16 Member Posts: 98

Also the acronym is actually LGBTQIA+; standing for Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Trans-sexual, Questioning, Intersexual, Asexual, Plus.

• TheProphetsHarbinger
    TheProphetsHarbinger Member Posts: 19

There's no way this is legitimate, oh my god.

• Harold_Shipman
    Harold_Shipman Member Posts: 737

I'll agree if you can give me a comprehensive list of all the times straight people have been given cause to celebrate for achieving freedom from persecution because of their sexuality.