What did they change to buff borrowed time?

i honestly dont know yet and am wondering if i would consider it a op change. i am a survivor main and didnt see a problem with borrowed time except sometimes it didnt trigger when in the killers terrior radius

Comments

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

-No longer counts down when in chase
    -Don't need self care or a med kit to heal out of deep wound status

End game BT saves got even stronger

• TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@RuneStarr said:

wait ok explain. so the timer when hit and going into borrowed time no longer counts down or when you get saved if your being chased the time for borrowed time to activate no longer counts down. also is it not considered giving you the deep wound status effects. and when you can heal out of it does that work like the new killer thing.

• RuneStarr
    RuneStarr Member Posts: 850

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RuneStarr said:

wait ok explain. so the timer when hit and going into borrowed time no longer counts down or when you get saved if your being chased the time for borrowed time to activate no longer counts down. also is it not considered giving you the deep wound status effects. and when you can heal out of it does that work like the new killer thing.

The timer won't count down if the killer chases you instead of the unhooker. If you break chase it will start counting down, but if you're out of chase than you can just instantly start mending even without a medkit/self care. It's also a shorter interaction that selfcare and no skill checks.
    It's the same state that the new killer puts you in with their power.

I've run BT in my builds since it was changed to unlim use, but this change makes it feel just cheesy and like I'll end up getting hatemail about crutch perks for using it. :(

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@RuneStarr said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RuneStarr said:

The timer won't count down if the killer chases you instead of the unhooker. If you break chase it will start counting down, but if you're out of chase than you can just instantly start mending even without a medkit/self care. It's also a shorter interaction that selfcare and no skill checks.

I've run BT in my builds since it was changed to unlim use, but this change makes it feel just cheesy and like I'll end up getting hatemail about crutch perks for using it. :(

i use BT all the time even when solo just because and this seems like its going to cause alot of hate. it doesnt seem like a OP change but i guess it encourages to not tunnel.

• thekiller490490
    thekiller490490 Member Posts: 1,164
    edited December 2018

i use BT all the time even when solo just because and this seems like its going to cause alot of hate. it doesnt seem like a OP change but i guess it encourages to not tunnel.

So you have an entire 3rd hp just because your teammate did a bad save? So you can loop me with no threat as long as I am chasing you? Definitely not OP
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799

So you have an entire 3rd hp just because your teammate did a bad save? So you can loop me with no threat as long as I am chasing you? Definitely not OP
    Forgot you don't need med kits or self care
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RuneStarr said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RuneStarr said:

After the change, BT users will get camped for the crime of taking such a broken perk and yes, its an OP change since it lifts up BT to DS level basically.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@thekiller490490 said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

i have to see it to determine if its op or not i still dont fully understand

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687
    edited December 2018

@RuneStarr said:

This has hardly any effect on end game BT saves. Even when the timer drops mid chase its usually more than enough time to run out the exit gate unless both gates are literally as far away from you as they can get. This effects mid game BT saves more. This is more of a nerf to camping mid game than anything else since if a killer wants to camp/tunnel one survivor dead and they get BT saved they're going to have a harder time getting that survivor back on the hook since a BT save is like getting unhooked fully healed and having protection from exposed now. Honestly I think the change is a good thing. End game saves aren't any better than they used to be and new BT really punishes a killer for camping. Camping already isn't a good strategy against good survivors as it is but this really pushes that even further. Camping isn't fun for anyone involved and the worse of a strategy it is the better the game is. (mid game, not end game. End game camping is reasonable)

Edit: To everyone complaining about this promoting bad unhooks, go for the person who does the bad unhook instead. Get a hit off while they go for the unhook then put them on the floor. Dont even attempt to go for the pull, just hit them let them get the unhook and let them take that person's place on the hook.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

I can't understand how ANYBODY can't see that this is a HUGE buff to BT?..?

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@thekiller490490 said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

i have to see it to determine if its op or not i still dont fully understand

BT will now apply Deep Wounds.

The mechanics of Deep Wounds are as follows (currently):

1. When the Deep Wounds bar depletes you are knocked down.
    2. The Deep Wounds bar does not deplete while in a chase.
    3. Deep Wounds can be removed by "mending". This is not a heal action, can be performed on yourself, and it takes about 10 seconds to complete.
    4. The Deep Wounds bar does not deplete while Mending yourself or another Survivor.
    5. The mend progress bar is not lost if you cancel the action.

So, comparatively it is WAY better now for Survivors.

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43

Basically it guarantees you an escape end game if you’re being camped and saved with some using bt, unless you’re terrible.

Great job once again, devs!

• Wolf74

BT will be full meta again. One more reason to hard camp to prevent it from happening.

• SkeletalElite

@Wolf74 said:
    BT will be full meta again. One more reason to hard camp to prevent it from happening.

New BT is not anymore useful in the end game than it is currently, new BT is just more powerful in the mid game. And mid game camping is terribly unfun for the killer and the survivors. The solution really is to not camp in the mid game. In the end game its still equally as useful as it was before, as 25 seconds is more than enough time to reach a gate unless you are very far from the gate, but if youre that far from the gate with new BT you probably wont make it to the gate anyways from getting hit again.

• SkeletalElite
    edited December 2018

@MrMyers said:
    Basically it guarantees you an escape end game if you’re being camped and saved with some using bt, unless you’re terrible.

That's not any different than current BT. 25 seconds is more than enough time to escape after being unhooked. It's just more powerful in the mid game now.

• MrMyers

@SkeletalElite said:

@MrMyers said:

That's not any different than current BT. 25 seconds is more than enough time to escape after being unhooked. It's just more powerful in the mid game now.

Not always. The hook may be far away, or the survivor might not know where the gates are.

• MrMyers

@Wolf74 said:

Agreed, with that comes survivor mains crying about killers camping, as if they expect us to not do our jobs.

• Wolf74

@SkeletalElite said:

@Wolf74 said:

New BT is not anymore useful in the end game than it is currently, new BT is just more powerful in the mid game. And mid game camping is terribly unfun for the killer and the survivors. The solution really is to not camp in the mid game. In the end game its still equally as useful as it was before, as 25 seconds is more than enough time to reach a gate unless you are very far from the gate, but if youre that far from the gate with new BT you probably wont make it to the gate anyways from getting hit again.

Are you kidding me?
    The timer will NOT go down in a chase.
    With a good runner (looper/juker) this is HUGE.
    And you can "mend" without the need of help, medkits or SC.
    And still here you go and wanna tell me "no big deal"??
    And since camping is "terribly unfun for killer and survivor", we just buff survivor, because that would totally increase the fun for the killer… wait, #########!?
    The solution is "just don't camp"? As if that suggestion ever worked. Survivor just hook rush and WANT BT to trigger. They run towards the unhook while the killer is on their track and stuff like that. And BT is covering up their bad plays.

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422
    RuneStarr said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RuneStarr said:

When I camp endgame I just go after the obvious BT unhooker. Too many killers go after the unhooked guy will clearly have BT...
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:
    i honestly dont know yet and am wondering if i would consider it a op change. i am a survivor main and didnt see a problem with borrowed time except sometimes it didnt trigger when in the killers terrior radius

BT use to give you a bleed-out timer that would deplete over a set period of time and when healed out of this timer would also count as its own health state (after healing the timer you would still need to heal your injury).
    This effect was also treated as a healing action and therefor was affected by healing perks/items.

The new BT has changed the bleed-out timer to become the new "Deep wound" effect making it work on a "mend" system similar to the "snap out of it" effect generated by reaching madness tier 3 against doctor. It also no longer counts as a healing action meaning it isn't affected by perks/items that affect healing.
    The new "Deep wound" effect will also not deplete while in a chase unlike the old "bleed-out" timer.

Lots of people are complaining that this will make end game chases far more difficult because the chased survivor will no longer go down from the timer while in a chase. While I cannot argue that this will make endgame rescues stronger I do not believe the difference is anything beyond "slight". Since 99% of BT saves happen close enough to an exit gate or involve body blocking anyway the timer is inconsequential to the chase/escape.

The problem I see with the new buff is in the "mend" ability. The way BT works now you can hit the BT target to activate the timer and then chase the survivor who rescued knowing that the injured survivor effected by the "bleed-out" timer will have to spend a long time healing themselves or getting another survivor to heal them. This would slow down the game (time differs depending on builds/SWF) allowing you more freedom to chase that other survivor.

With the new BT "Deep wound" effect survivors can now "mend" themselves much faster than a normal heal (also not affected by healing perks the killer might have) and do not require any healing items or help from another survivor. This means that there is no longer a incentive to chase the rescuing survivor because the time that you would be slowing the game down is decreased significantly, affecting your ability as a killer to prolong the already short match times thus incentivising tunneling more than before. Sure it gives the tunneled survivor a chance to escape since the timer won't go down in a chase but Killers who never tunneled before are punished for not doing so now.

I think its the survivors "mains" who should be worried about this new BT change as it will effect their overall match enjoyment a lot more than the killers in terms of "fun".

As someone who plays killer more than survivor it has always been more beneficial (in terms of time) to chase the rescuer and not the rescued, but now it seems more lucrative to simply focus those 3 hooks on one person.

Until we can test this and get more accurate information this is simply my opinion on what I have seen/experienced during the PTB.

• SkeletalElite

@Wolf74 said:

Are you kidding me?
    The timer will NOT go down in a chase.
    With a good runner (looper/juker) this is HUGE.
    And you can "mend" without the need of help, medkits or SC.
    And still here you go and wanna tell me "no big deal"??
    And since camping is "terribly unfun for killer and survivor", we just buff survivor, because that would totally increase the fun for the killer… wait, #########!?
    The solution is "just don't camp"? As if that suggestion ever worked. Survivor just hook rush and WANT BT to trigger. They run towards the unhook while the killer is on their track and stuff like that. And BT is covering up their bad plays.

Go after the unhooker instead then. Smack them once when they run in for the save, and a second time after they get the save off.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Master said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RuneStarr said:

@TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@RuneStarr said:

After the change, BT users will get camped for the crime of taking such a broken perk and yes, its an OP change since it lifts up BT to DS level basically.

DS level is a bit much. It'll make borrowed second best perk tho.