Stop being disproportionate!

First of all,

I understand that bugs and crashes are frustating and lows the fun of playing the game. But every game this big has the problems.

But to criticize every chapter or update saying its unplayable and demand a ridiculous amount BP for free is just disproportionate.

For example Skyrim had so many bugs over years and no one got any "compensation". We all get free Bp for the many bugs in dbd. Be greatful. I mean its still playable and enjoyable. Take it like a grown up.

Comments

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

I agree, the dbd community has a tendency to overreact to basically everything. I'm even on PC where the game crashes frequently and the thought of getting free bp or refunds never even crossed my mind. When you buy a game you are signing up for everything the game gives you, good or bad.

• BronzeHandModel
    BronzeHandModel Member Posts: 116

Oh bhvr not? And let me remind you of cyberpunk. Maybe the biggest issues are fixed but they completely mess up the game. Would bhvr dine this dbd would be dead for real.

• BronzeHandModel

Maybe thats true, but dbd is more complex than other multiplayer games.

• BronzeHandModel

Like i said frustating. I understand. But will BP solve it? Do you think this Problem didnt get solved?

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

That enormous pile of shyte known as Outriders. And trust me, DbD is heaven compared to that alpha.

• BronzeHandModel

Ok fair enough. But i never had that big issues in dbd.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,442

That is untrue. Maybe from a game design perspective of there being multiple sides, but from a technical, engineering perspective. No, it's not.

Natural Selection and it's sequel Natural Selection 2 are far more complicated both technically and even design-wise. Basically, it's an RTS/FPS combo where one person is playing an RTS and commanding people while the other people on the team are playing an FPS.

• Damarus
    Damarus Member Posts: 600

I guess you have never played the game. If you did, you would know that it is a full release, and that I only refer to it as an alpha, because that's what it looks to be. A little bit of information wouldn't hurt, sometimes, before writing.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147

There are multiplayer bethesda games. They equally have a bunch of issues, and usually do with updates, making the game unplayable at times - system crashes, disconnecting from the server, unable to group up with people, losing comms, crashes in PVP often, having to reload the game because the load screen gets stuck. Even been issues where characters get stuck in certain areas which make them unplayable until a new update comes out. Bethesdas response? Play a different character… And they’re just some of issues off the top of my head I can think of.

I get the frustration with DBD at the moment - but in comparison, it isn’t as bad as other multiplayer games I’ve played. Doesn’t make it okay, but considering they are a smaller company, they fix issues pretty quick and compensate, something no you don’t see with bigger companies.

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

That is literally the worst I've ever seen this game. AND I PLAY ON SWITCH (mostly), I've had one freeze and like 3 crashes. THAT'S IT, seeing that gameplay makes me go "Jesus Christ things are worse than I thought."

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
  • Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 228

This is literally only true because those games are meant to be cash grabs. And there's a reason why they come out and die the next day. And that still doesn't stop people from degrading them so why should people be ok with a product the were promised to be broken? You wouldn't be ok going to a store for some tools and everything on the shelf are damaged beyond repair now would you?

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Yeah but no.

Not every game big or small has this kind of bs crap updates.

Sure some game do but many don't.

Unfortunately with dbd it's getting worse and worse because they take the only testing data from the ptb.

They don't test it properly to find the problems before releasing the dlc, trust me this is going on for a long time now.

But let's take a look for example to ubisoft with rainbow 6 siege, they hat some major problems but guess what they did?

Well they didn't put their heads in the sand pretending nothing is wrong, no they acknowledge there were problems.

And the way they fixed this?

They dedicated an entire season to a QOL, or as they called it a operation health.

Sure you can say "but ubisoft is a big company and bhvr is just an indie"

Yes that is true, but can you remember during a Q&A what they said about QOL?

They were bragging that they are now big enough to push out new content and do QOL at the same time.

Let's be honest, do you really notice anything about QOL?

I don't mean afterwards but during the launch of a new dlc?

Nope, every time with new dlc new AND old bugs/clitches come into the game.

Then there will be some time passing before they find it and then more time to fix it and again before releasing a update for fixing some.

And yes they create new ones a lot of the time too.

I've been calling it for a long time now, to fix their problems and optimize the game, they need to dedicate a chapter soly to QOL.

The game will be much better and they have less trouble with future updates/dlc.

But until they get their heads out of their butts, that will never happen

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Cough couch ubisoft couch 😅

With operation health on rainbow 6 siege they actually gave free stuff to everyone who were playing the game before that season.

A full elite skin for Ash, as well as weapon skins and charms for her and some weapon skins and charms for some other operators.

And, but i could be wrong, they even gave some rainbow 6 points, ie game currency which you normally had to buy with real life money. 😉

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I would say if it includes offline single player game, Cyberpunk 2077 on release is comparable.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I brought Skyrim up as an example in an earlier thread as well. The more complex the game (this game may not seem complex but there's an incredible amount of variables), the more there is to keep track of, thus the more likely there will be bugs. GTA Online had this problem too. Other major, MAJOR developers have also had serious bugs.

Should that be the case? Ideally, no. Does that mean that everyone is automatically entitled to free stuff whenever something goes wrong? No.

That said, some people in this thread have brought up some VERY good points and I don't discount them. Many people have put a considerable amount of money into this game. Given how many updates the game has had, many players have also had to deal with this an unreasonable number of times. Also, some have had what are alleged (I'm not there to prove it so I'm just not going to take a side) to be damage to their consoles thanks to this update, which is as serious as it gets.

I think that at the end of the day some people are using the update's issues as an excuse for hyperbole and greed whereas others are being honest about the number of problems that the update has caused. The main focus should be on getting things back on track. That's what's most important right now. Talk of compensation, if there is to be any (and there certainly should be for anyone who can prove that the game damaged their property) can come afterward.

• SammehStormborn
    SammehStormborn Member Posts: 147

I should’ve said, something you usually* don’t see with bigger companies. At least from my experience. That’s cool that ubisoft have actually compensated players though.

with all the issues ESO has had, and there have been a plethora, not once have they given plyers anything, and a lot of them pay monthly subscriptions for the benefits it brings. And when you oay a subscription for the game to bot work, or servers to go down a lot, it’s kind of a slap in the face. One of the many reasons I stopped playing was because of the game’s health. Apparently it has improved now, but it was a little too late for me to get back into it.

i do think BHVR sort things out pretty quick… although I know people think they put their head in the sand. They could be better at communicating, but they do get things fixed as soon as they can, from what I see.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

You're not at all wrong, but don't forget that DBD is a game of thousands and thousands of variables. Between more than 50 characters with a couple hundred perks and powers plus 36 different maps and multiple player and match states there's a lot of calculating going on under the hood. I'm not making excuses for them - if the game can work fine in the PTB (which it did) I don't know why there are so many problems now - but the game definitely does have a lot of things that it needs to be "thinking" about at any given time, even if it doesn't appear that a lot is actually happening onscreen.

Well put.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

You clearly don't play on console.

The console experience, if you can't tell by now, is absolutely miserable.

No joke, the least optimized game I have ever played in my life.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

And the sad thing? People on PC are getting console tier performance right now. Ten digit frames when generators pop, hooking survivors, using killer powers etc. And these are rigs with well beyond reasonable requirements. This is just unexcuseable to consistently do this every update.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Never compare Bethesda to anyone, the damn fallout community made an update for the game that fixed bugs for a mod

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

Hey could you stop licking their boots couldn't hear you down there, real talk though DBD has more bugs then any other popular multiplayer game that it's an insult to compare anything else to it, it's almost impressive tbh.

• BronzeHandModel

Okay i was to quick with my Reaction. You are right when for the most people the game is unplayable (especially on console) , thats not good and i understand your Frustration. But im not a white knight or a boot licker. I had a opinion that i changed slightly. Im tired of the greedieness of BP and other stuff in this forum thats all. Just wanted put out my opinion in this.

• Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

Sorry no, that's not even a real apology. Nobody that has actually played this game for more than 100 hours is going to be happy with 300k BP. That's a drop in the bucket to every single player. On average to a killer player if they score 25k BP and have BBQ with no BP Offerings they will get 50k, that's 6 matches to equal out that amount and let's be generous and say every match is 10 minutes long, that's ONLY an hour of time they gave out. It's literally nothing, especially when you realize that 300k BP is equivalent to roughly 20% of the way to LV 50, factor in that once you've learned enough teachables, even getting LV 50 is pointless as you'll be missing a large majority of perks.

• BronzeHandModel

Okay what would be the right amount of bp to apologize for this broken Patch?