Please, PLEASE give us a pallet breaking perk!!!

Options
TheClownIsKing
TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I’m talking about standing pallets.

Give it a massive cool down for all I care, or a token system like Coup De Grace. SOMETHING, PLEASE!

But some loops are so infuriating with how it’s possible for “just out of reach” survivors can get in 4, 5, 6+ laps before they drop the damn pallet. It’s really aggravating that there’s a base Entity mechanic to stop Survivors abusing the same vault, but nothing that can stop Survivors doing this many laps around a loop with a pallet if the survivor has favourable spacing.

THIS is the problem in this game, not gen times. Looping taking absurdly long times In comparison to how much repair time that can be done.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

The entity blocker might as well not even exist. Idk if you've heard of shift tech, but I used it on Shack, and it became an infinite. I never got in chase, so I never got blocked.

Also, I don't think that that would be fair. You could just create deadzones, even with a cool down. Use a perk like that in a three gen and they have no chance.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

I mean Hex: Blood Favor blocks pallets from being droped if you hit a survivor. That's something.

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511
    Options

They really need to fix the pallet rng. I can play on Midwich and have to go through 24 pallets and then play on Pale Rose and go through 5. It's not much fun to have chase someone as pig through pallet city or get ran down by a killer because there are 0 pallets around

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

Fine, just give it 3 tokens, and that’s it. Loop giving you a real problem, spend one token to break the pallet. Can only do it 2 more times.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,100
    Options

I'd rather the perk allow the killer to pallet stun the survivor, even if just once a match, for the lol's.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options
  • ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 370
    Options

How about you earn a token each time you are stunned by a pallet. You can spend a token to drop a pallet.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,184
    Options

Maybe 1 use per 3 hooks? That's maximum 3 uses.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

The only way they can do this is if they standardize the number of pallets that spawn, which they should do too. 10 feels like the right number.

• TheClownIsKing
    Options

This can happen with some loops, against survivors with good spacing that also keep their cool.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

This sounds like a band-aid fix at best and a really bad idea at worst.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

I mean, given that predropping pallets and holding W is such an effective strategy, I think that the gens really are the problem and really do need a rework for everyone's sakes.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Perhaps we could go for an unlikely alternative solution: revert the maps back to their old versions. And not just the graphics, but the loops too.

Maybe giving players some of the old structures back will motivate them to return to a different mentality, as we've discussed before. That might be a fix for this problem.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    Options

Maybe for really casual players, but if we're being perfectly honest the damage has been done. You'd need to wipe people's pre-midwich memories (I think that was the map that made everyone go "Oh, sprinting forward is really strong!"). No team doing the old predrop-and-W strat cares about having fun chases, not when they're prethrowing Jungle Gyms and Shack, and now everyone also knows the importance of just doing the generators too.

I honestly feel that the only way is to completely rework how generators are repaired. Then we could potentially set every map to Cowshed levels of insanity because those kinds of chases would be way less impactful.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

It could work for veterans and long-time players. I mean, I am sure we all remember how to run Old Ironworks of Misery or Torment Creek.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I prefer to have a general change, not using perks to fix the problem. However, we can have a perk that interacts with pallets just for the fun of it.

Death Fury

Losing all patience, you use the Entity to your advantage.

After hooking all survivors once, gain 4 tokens. When a survivor passes a standing pallet without dropping it, the Entity will block it for 6/8/10 seconds while consuming a token.

Best Blood

You won't let defenses get in your way.

Hooking a survivor will cause all pallets within 12 meters from each survivor to be blocked by the Entity for 40/50/60 seconds.

Best Blood is disabled upon sacrificing a survivor.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

So basically just erase shack pallet from the game?

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158
    Options

If a survivor is getting 6+ laps on a loop you are either worshiping the pallet or you are not hugging the loop close enough and allowing them distance. STOP RESPECTING PALLETS!!! Slap on enduring and eat them all for lunch and hug loops as tight as possible. Do this correctly and a survivor MAY get 2 rounds before they either get hit or are forced to throw the pallet.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

Well that’s the point. It takes a while to get good at looping so why constantly penalize survivors who practiced to get good at game? They can’t hit back, are slower, and have abysmal perks used mainly to combat tunneling.

killers have become so used to easy 4K games and have made that their definition of fun. It’s too bad as it really makes the game unfun.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    edited June 2021
    Options

They have already tweaked most maps into having less pallets, dead zones and weak loops. Some loops are so weak that even if you stun the killer he can still catch up to you within a few feet from the loop, all that combined with the fact that most killers if not all have a way to hit you over a pallet makes it ridiculous that some players still complain. I have almost never been looped 6 times while playing killer myself, it's usually 1 or 2 if you mind game and know what you are doing (only exception being one of the few god windows still left on the game on haddonfield) at this point you probably need to get better at the game.

Picture is where I spawned (using windows of opportunity) pretty much a free hit, at this point behavior is treating killers as babies who need to be spoonfed free hits.

Post edited by Ink_Eyes on