Why I think the RE chapter is bad as a huge RE fan

TheDarkTyrant
TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

1. Nemesis feels nothing like Nemesis from either the original or even the remake. They focused way too much on tentacles and bringing the feeling of RE with the zombies instead of bringing the feeling of the character NEMESIS.

2. The map has random for no reason orange RE mutation bubbles around the map. Before someone say "It's the entities influence" well why is it ONLY this map. Why? It just makes the map uglier.

3. Character models. People say Nemesis looks perfect... Idk how. His head is too small. His skin is pink which it wasn't in the remake. Jill looks nothing like her. There's no excuse for that when Leon so the only character who does actually look perfect. And Jill's photo in her backstory section looks good. Resident Evil 4 Leon and his base skin are the best models in this entire chapter. For some reason you guys chose RE5 Chris and for those who say its RE1, no that is RE5 Chris because he has that same alternate costume in 5. Its RE5 Chris. Claire looks possessed and her face is a bit off anyways. Jill's classic RE3 costume should be a bit bright and her face is still bad there. And the prestiged cosmetics... They are not good at all. At best they are ok.

4. Even though he feels nothing like Nemesis you could have at least created a good power anyways, except its uninspired and reused. The zombies have nothing to do with him. His power is the tentacle and the zombies are just there. He's just Pyramid Head lite in a way. HOW!? How do you make Nemesis anywhere close to PH!? That blows my mind.

5. It just feels empty and like there was no love or care put in. When SH or whatever other licenses came out I have the same amount of excitement to play them like even a week after release. Right now with this chapter excitement just died down for me. I'm just playing like I normally would. No excitement to play them. Just frustration if anything. Or just nothing.

Nothing in this chapter is exciting anymore, there's no charm, there's not love, low effort, recycles powers from a killer who should have nothing to do with this killer, and more. This chapter is bad. They should fix all these issues. I'm just 1 person though. Its makes me so sad to see my favorite license be wasted and never get a 2nd chance to actually be good. If nothing good really happens I don't care if DBD succeeds or not. They aren't willing to put in ANY good work and probably won't really ever be again if they can even treat something so big like this.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments