Nemesis is frustrating

Now, I love Nemesis, his design is great and he sounds awesome. But his gameplay can get very frustrating sometimes. The fact that survivors gain a speed boost when hit by his power, even while uninjured, makes it feel like m1'ing is the better option. Also, the zombie AI seems to have gotten dumber from PTB? They get stuck and don't really get hits as often. Overall I love Nemesis but I think he needs some work.

Comments

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

They should replace Tier-3 with Tier-2 and give it a special ability that has greater lethality and makes it more fearsome. Everything that goes into the Realm Entity is always nerfed or weak.

• justalilbit123
    justalilbit123 Member Posts: 190

Thanks for posting this, I don't think enough people are aware of how miniscule his snare is. It's practically unoticeable.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

The Rite of the Nemesis requires you to level up his mutation to Tier 3 four times. This strongly suggests that his original power had some kind of super charge at T3 that faded away and had to be recharged, similar to The Shape. That they removed the stronger power, made it +1yd, and let you stay at T3 is the likely course of how his development went. Also, because the Ritual was not changed before launch, it is plausible to suggest that his current iteration was presented RIGHT before the PTR.

So, if you're wondering why his power feels bad to use: it was probably re-worked heavily in the final stages of development, so nothing makes any sense, since it was created one way and sharply altered at the last minute.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Wow. Yeah there’s no way Nemesis didn’t go through a drastic power redesign shortly before release. The daily ritual and Hindered effect seem like they’re leftovers from a rejected Nemesis power idea.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Maybe he originally spawned an additional zombie every time he got to T3, and that's why half of his Addons are all about the zombies and why it only takes 6 contamination points to get the T2 (the good one) but it takes 15 points to get to T3 (the useless one). And, presumably, after spawning another zombie, he'd go back to T2

Having a BUNCH of zombies walking around would be way more in keeping with RE and would make sense to put so many eggs in the zombie basket. Plus, with 4-5 of 'em, even large maps would get some zombie play.

I dunno if that's the case, but man, that would've been cool.

• darkcloudlink
    darkcloudlink Member Posts: 326

If you think the length of the hindered effect is useless on him now, the Licker Tongue add-on is even worse. It adds 0.15 seconds more. A GREEN ADD-ON , mind you. Its makes the hindered effect last not even half a second long. Ridiculous.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

The hindered is only 1/4 of a second long? No wonder I wasn't noticing anything. They really should remove the speedboost from 1st infection, that would be a much needed improvement.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

Ironically, he has an add-on that enhances this hindred status. This makes me wonder if this speed boost was actually intended or if it is a bug.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited June 2021

I'm calling it now. They screwed the decimal point and nobody noticed. It was probably supposed to be 2.5 seconds +1.5s with Licker Tongue. That would make way more sense than a pitiful quarter of a second.

• MrDrMedicman
    MrDrMedicman Member Posts: 303

You rank his power to 2 so you can break pallets. I think 3 is faster at it, but barely. His tentacle can only hit in lunge distance anyway

• MrDrMedicman
    MrDrMedicman Member Posts: 303

They might've then realized it's super over powered to have like 5 zombies running around. Especially since pallet drops are the only way to kill them.

• Onykron
    Onykron Member Posts: 62
    edited June 2021

I have notices some maps tend to trap zombies more, specially grim pantry, they get stuck on the top of the pier and they just stand there, there is nothing on their way or anything they just dont feel like patroling once they get there, also they have the same behaviour in some grass patches in those swamp maps, i guess grass is always creating issues with the game.

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

The tentacle is fine, but it's currently in a glitched state.

One of the main pros with Nemesis are the zombies.

When they work probably, they give handy survivor detection alerts and block vaults/dropped pallets.

I think once Nemesis has been fixed, he'll be a lot of fun.