The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Legion, Feral Frenzy, Oblivious

DrCrow
DrCrow Member Posts: 4

Is it intentional that Legions Feral Frenzy does not work on oblivious survivors (oblivious survivors do not trigger killer instinct)

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Oblivious survivors do not trigger killer instinct? I never knew that

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,956

I thought there was no immunity to killer instincts in this game?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

Apparently not hearing/having a terror radius does it

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

Most likely, since it only affects survivors in TR

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

Heart don't beat loud if you ain't scared, its simple science.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand how hearts work, thats what doctors are for ya dingus.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

Unfortunately anything that affects your TR affects Killer Instinct; Tinker goes off: no killer instinct. Hit someone while using Hysteria: all survivors disappear from Killer Instinct.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651
    edited June 2021

Oblivious survivors are not considered to be in the killer's Terror Radius, so Legion's Killer Instinct does not detect them. Anything tied to the killer's TR wont affect an Oblivious survivor.

The only exception is the Doctor's Static Blast that explicilty cancel Oblivious.

• DrCrow
    DrCrow Member Posts: 4

I feel like changing that would be a huge buff for legion wouldn't make him broken because even with oblivious he's loud as can be but it would still help

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432

I agree, it is dumb. The oblivious status affect states that "for the purpose of abilities that activate while inside the killer's terror radius survivors are considered to NOT be inside the terror radius."

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288

Calm spirit is the why to go

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,068

If survivors are Oblivious, or the Legion is Undetectable, Killer Instinct will not activate. This is because the Legion's Killer Instinct is based off of the terror radius, this is also why it naturally increases when entering Feral Frenzy (to help you find people).

The only possible way to see a survivor highlighted by Killer Instinct while they are Oblivious, or you are Undetectable, is if you use both of the Susie's Mix Tape, and Never-Sleep Pills add-ons. These add-ons combined will increase your Detection Range by 24 meters (up from 0, because it defaults to your terror radius).

Detection Range is a separate mechanic, but it functions the same. You will be able to see Killer Instinct highlights once more, and they will have no indication that they are being seen (this also means if you have a terror radius and bring these add-ons, you can see survivors before they can hear you).

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

That makes sense.

Killer Instinct only triggers on survivors within your TR. Oblivious stops a survivor perceiving the TR, and therefore ins’t affected by things related to the TR.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,193

Unfortunately, yes, I want to use Deathbound on Hysteria on Legion, but the oblivious parts of the perk hurt them.

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270

Yeah but killer instinct isn't only based off of terror radius. Pyramid Head's trails activate killer instinct outside of your terror radius.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I get undetectable but oblivious? Between that and the basic attack change you're really limited on what you can use on legion huh

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited June 2021

Yes, and unlike Undetectable status effect interaction with FF, this one is most likely not intended and as such appears to be a result of questionable coding practice. Oblivious is not meant to exclude you from TR, but rather alter your perception of it.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,280

I haven't seen a Legion in months. Do they still exist?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Legion's killer instinct activates on survivors who are in his terror radius. If a survivor is oblivious, they have no terror radius on their end. So that's why it doesn't work.