Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

We need an exit gate timer.

One thing that I myself and other people hate when playing killer is when survivors refuse to leave until you go to the gate, watch them t bag and run out. I've seen players complain about survivors still there for over 45 minutes! I see no reason why anyone should be forced to either watch some t bag at them or dc and lose pips and bp just to end the match.

Once the gates are open there's really no reason anyone should still be in the match for over 10 minutes, maybe 15 tops pushing it. I would like to see a timer start when the first gate has been open. Survivors have until that timer runs out to get out. If they don't the gates shut and any survivors trapped inside are killed by the entity automatically. If the gates close, the hatch will also shut at that point. However if the hatch opens with the no doors open then the hatch will remain open.

This keeps things fall but also prevents the game from being held hostage just because people want to gloat and be unsportsmanlike.

Comments

• Vesperiavi
    Vesperiavi Member Posts: 45
    But why not just go in the exit gate and put pressure so they do leave? I get you shouldn't have to but the alternative is worse it seems. 
  • redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269
    But why not just go in the exit gate and put pressure so they do leave? I get you shouldn't have to but the alternative is worse it seems. 
    Because the people like that make you go right to the gates and hit them before leaving and if you don't they run back out and noise spam you
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

GIT GUT! and pressure so they do leave!

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

If both exit gates are open and one is left in the game I agree as they are holding it hostage or looking for the hatch so I would say 5 mins is more than enough time maybe even less.

Otherwise it wont work as there are too many factors, is one person being chased? is one person on the hook? if one gate is opened is the killer near it? is NOED in play? do they have Rancor? each scenario means you are staying to help someone if they go down or you have a chance to still get someone. There are many more to take into account.

@redsopine01 said:
    Because the people like that make you go right to the gates and hit them before leaving and if you don't they run back out and noise spam you

Then hit them, if you goto the gate and you dont well that is on you, the reasons they stay are either to waste time for the others, waiting to make sure they all get out, being toxic of course and tbagging or giving then a free hit for extra points as it was a fun game.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I get that BM is definitely a problem, but who in their right mind would wait FORTY FIVE MINUTES for a survivor to leave a match under those circumstances, rather than hitting them and forcing them out the gate? Honestly at that point, it's your own fault.

• redsopine01

If both exit gates are open and one is left in the game I agree as they are holding it hostage or looking for the hatch so I would say 5 mins is more than enough time maybe even less.

Otherwise it wont work as there are too many factors, is one person being chased? is one person on the hook? if one gate is opened is the killer near it? is NOED in play? do they have Rancor? each scenario means you are staying to help someone if they go down or you have a chance to still get someone. There are many more to take into account.

@redsopine01 said:

Then hit them, if you goto the gate and you dont well that is on you, the reasons they stay are either to waste time for the others, waiting to make sure they all get out, being toxic of course and tbagging or giving then a free hit for extra points as it was a fun game.

Because I don't hit I chase them and then turn when I see them go to hit hot other gate and suddenly I get noise and see there still there refusing to leave 
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Fibijean said:
    I get that BM is definitely a problem, but who in their right mind would wait FORTY FIVE MINUTES for a survivor to leave a match under those circumstances, rather than hitting them and forcing them out the gate? Honestly at that point, it's your own fault.

Who in their right mind would wait FORTY FIVE MINUTES for a Killer to force you out under those circumstances, rather than leaving? Honestly at that point, it's your own fault.

It works both ways, you know.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Fibijean said:

Survivors don't need to wait in the door area, they can simply hide in any location on any map.

As for the idea, I don't like it. Sometimes we stay in the game so that we can help our teammates who are on the hook or carry RBT timer. While staying in the game for no reason is a problem, timer is not a solution. I don't know what we can do though.

• Fibijean
    edited December 2018

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

Who in their right mind would wait FORTY FIVE MINUTES for a Killer to force you out under those circumstances, rather than leaving? Honestly at that point, it's your own fault.

For goodness' sake, everything doesn't have to be a survivors vs. killers debate. Don't you get that by making everything about an "us vs. them" mentality, you're becoming part of the problem?

The answer to your question would be a troll who has nothing better to do. But of course it works both ways. Obviously the survivor was doing the wrong thing. I acknowledged that. The point was that there's no reason to wait around that long except pride, and you're only wasting your own time there. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, as it were.

Survivors behaving badly is a valid complaint, but implying that they are holding the game hostage by teabagging at the exit is not. It's annoying, but at the end of the day it's in the killer's power to solve and says more about them (the survivors) than anything else.

@Delfador Fair enough, it sounded like the OP was talking specifically about teabagging at the exit gates. If that wasn't the case, I take back what I said about it being in the killer's power to solve. (My above comments about pitting killer and survivor mains against each other still stand, though).

• Orion

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

For goodness' sake, everything doesn't have to be a survivors vs. killers debate. Don't you get that by making everything about an "us vs. them" mentality, you're becoming part of the problem?

The answer to your question would be a troll who has nothing better to do. But of course it works both ways. Obviously the survivor was doing the wrong thing. I acknowledged that. The point was that there's no reason to wait around that long except pride, and you're only wasting your own time there. Cutting off your nose to spite your face, as it were.

Survivors behaving badly is a valid complaint, but implying that they are holding the game hostage by teabagging at the exit is not. It's annoying, but at the end of the day it's in the killer's power to solve and says more about them (the survivors) than anything else.

Dude, you're the one who's turning Survivor trolls into a "blame the Killer" situation, and I'm to blame because I point out the source of the problem?

• Fibijean

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

Dude, you're the one who's turning Survivor trolls into a "blame the Killer" situation, and I'm to blame because I point out the source of the problem?

You're to blame for being so on edge that you assume someone is "blaming the killer" when actually they're doing nothing of the sort, yes. There is no problem to point out, except the dangers of jumping to conclusions.

• Orion

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

You're to blame for being so on edge that you assume someone is "blaming the killer" when actually they're doing nothing of the sort, yes. There is no problem to point out, except the dangers of jumping to conclusions.

You literally used the sentence "Honestly at that point, it's your own fault.". I'm not assuming anything; those are literally your words.

• twistedmonkey
    edited December 2018

@redsopine01 said:

Because I don't hit I chase them and then turn when I see them go to hit hot other gate and suddenly I get noise and see there still there refusing to leave 

If you are going after another then it makes sense to not chase them out if you know you can down someone, but you also have to think in that case why do you expect the other survivors to leave? or be forced out? if you do down someone and hook them they have a chance to save them, the game is not over for either of you in that scenario as if someone does come for the save you have the chance to down and hook more, you have to see it from all sides.

• Fibijean

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

@Orion said:

@Fibijean said:

You literally used the sentence "Honestly at that point, it's your own fault.". I'm not assuming anything; those are literally your words.

Fair enough. At the point where someone would rather wait 45 minutes in a game than give in to another player's rudeness and end things, assuming the OP was talking about teabagging at the exit gate and not actually holding games hostage, yes that is a matter of pride and nothing else and is the killer's fault. Not because they're the killer, just because of their personal failings. In short, I do blame the killer for wasting their own time.

I am not, however, excusing or in any way blaming the killer for the survivor's bad behaviour, which is what you seemed to be implying. That's what I was reacting to. If you weren't suggesting that, then I apologise.

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    yes agreed, I always wonder both when i play killer and survivor why some people stay at the exit running in circles waiting for the killer, borderline ######### (i mean when no other survivor is in danger obviously)
  • Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

Its a bit worse when they actually don't go to the gates but choose to keep sneaking around in the level to waste even more of your time LOL
    Devs said they were working on a better endgame, I hope it addresses this issue.
    I'd like to see a blood warden effect for people who refuse to get out when everyone has already escaped or died.

• redsopine01

@redsopine01 said:

If you are going after another then it makes sense to not chase them out if you know you can down someone, but you also have to think in that case why do you expect the other survivors to leave? or be forced out? if you do down someone and hook them they have a chance to save them, the game is not over for either of you in that scenario as if someone does come for the save you have the chance to down and hook more, you have to see it from all sides.

Because the second you hook somone they run right out because all they want is to have you chase them
  • twistedmonkey

@redsopine01 said:

Because the second you hook somone they run right out because all they want is to have you chase them

Then dont follow and stay at the hook, what is the issue with that? a lot of killer will stay near the hook to secure that kill, once they die you can chase the others out, that solves your issue there, the fact is the game still is not over until the one on the hook dies and /or the others leave, even if they do leave that person on the hook can still hang and struggle, what you are describing really is a non issue.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Entity in game referee when?
  • Vesperiavi
    edited December 2018
    Again, then just do it? I really can't comprehend the problem. I play both survivour and killer and am never bothered by this. They deserve to gloat if they have succeeded. I just, just hit them? 
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Some survivors don't even do it to gloat
    But to give the killer some extra bloodpoints
  • Vesperiavi
    Some survivors don't even do it to gloat
    But to give the killer some extra bloodpoints
    Oh! You're right! Even then it's all in good fun. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vesperiavi said:

And what if they are hiding in some dark spot of the map? Do I have to check every dark spot manually whether I get a collision where I shouldnt?

• Vesperiavi
    Master said:

@Vesperiavi said:

And what if they are hiding in some dark spot of the map? Do I have to check every dark spot manually whether I get a collision where I shouldnt?

For starters, I was talking about the exit gate. But if they just do that, why not just wait? Like do something else and just leave the match running? They can't be still for long unless they want the birds to rat them out. At some point one of you will give in, it's just up to you to decide who does. They aren't forcing you to stay in the game, you can leave or they can. You have to weigh the options yourself. I'm not condoning the behaviour, just simply stating.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Have a timer start after the first gate is open. As the timer diminishes so does the charge powering the gate. The gate then closes and must be reopened with an extended time for failure to exit(no bp for reopening). Survivors are still able to escape but can trap themselves if they are not mindful.