Im ######### tired of getting absolutely rushed through gens as Killer.

Options

I start the match, find someone in 20 seconds max and down them relatively quickly.

I hook them and 5 seconds after it 2 Gens POP, I try to keep my composure and get downs/hook until I have a %90 gen at 1 side of map, a generator with 2 people working on it(Knew cuz of discordance) and the guy Im chasing.

I leave chase and go towards the gens that are being worked to not waste time, THE GUY I left also works on the gen like a madman while I try to keep them busy another 2 gens pop...I just gave up at that point I had a total of 6 hooks like please tell me what I can do

Comments

• ShinVibing
    ShinVibing Member Posts: 19
    Options

Im a nemesis main and have lethal pursuer already..problem is 9 out of 10 matches atleast 2 survivors will spawn in separate gens

• ShinVibing
    Options

Its just BHVR being BHVR...You can't win matches unless you 1-Snowball 2- Get a 3-gen

3-Get lucky and manage to slug people down cause they were too altruistic

4-Do enough gen delay using Corrupt Intervention, Ruin and Other Stuff so you can get someone out of the game to make it easier for you.

• Soulslayer618
    Soulslayer618 Member Posts: 488
    Options

alternatively Im the survivor found and downed early and I just wanna goof around not tryhard in chase please leave me alone <3

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

It's not rare for the first few gens to go quickly, but it's less common for them to keep flying even if you're racking up downs and hooks relatively fast. If that is happening and you've got a pretty gen obsessed team you might want to start slugging, and slugging hard if necessary. They aren't holding back, there's no reason you should.

• ShinVibing
    Options

Nope.

Lets say I find them in 20 seconds, down them in 15(or lets say max 20 seconds) = 40 seconds.

Lets say hook is 6 seconds = 46

3 other people should be on gens by now, you go to a gen thats almost done and pressure 1 guy off in 10 seconds

56 Seconds

1 guy goes to unhook, unhooks

1 other guy finishes gen

Moves to the other gen thats 24 seconds away from completion

You down the guy you pressured

Hook Him

By the time you'd go to the gen it would be over.

The other guy gets unhooked while you pressure the guy who finished this gen

Than they do the gen that the 2nd person we downed almost finished...so its finished too.

Boom your 3 gens down in 2 hooks(almost 3 assuming you will down the guy ur chasing currently)

• gendoss
    gendoss Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

And I'm tired of getting constantly teamed up with new players who can't even run a Legion for 10 seconds. There's a reason the statistics are way in the killer's favor.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

With 6 hooks someone needs to be dead. You dont need to hard tunnel survivor most of the time, but you should prioritize survivor with hooks.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Perhaps you 2 should switch roles.

Just saying.

Btw, the stats could be explained by the ridiculous rift challenges. Where people hook bomb or have to hide in the killers shadow for 80 seconds, etc.

• Trifling
    Trifling Member Posts: 44
    Options

Well, you shouldn't only be keeping one person busy. Throughout the match you should be having 1 person slugged/hooked, 1 person being chased, 1 person going to get the slug/hooked and healing them, and then you have 1 person doing a gen. The only time you should have 3 people working on separate gens is at the start of the game.

You need to create pressure.

• gendoss
    Options

That's probably a factor but I feel like most people don't literally kill themselves just for 1 challenge very often, at least I hope they don't.

• Tsulan
    Options

People constantly DC/suicide because they don't like the killer. Why wouldn't they suicide once they completed their challenge?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited June 2021
    Options

You don't worry about it and keep fighting. Look, two Generators pop on me all the time, but I usually end up winning. If you are seeing two Generators pop right at the start, immediately go to a 3-Generator strategy. Stake out the section of the map where the closest three Generators are located and use that as your base of operations. I'm not saying don't leave it, but I am saying that make sure your pressure there is always consistent. Survivors gravitate to the path of least resistance.

In this way you keep chasing, earning points, and making pressure, but your end game zone is set. More than likely if you have consistent pressure in this area, you will also clear out the pallets and create the necessary dead zones. If you get someone down, hook them in that zone, near Generators you are also patrolling if at all possible. Get another down hook them there too. If you are getting pushed hard on Generators early, you have to be realistic.

All that being said, two Generators is nothing. I've seen two Generators pop in the first 90 seconds or so and then didn't allow another up. Remember that every Generator they pop shrinks the map.

• gendoss
    Options

Idk I don't really experience people killing themselves because they don't like the killer. It's mostly when the killer had an amazing start and there was no way for the survivors to come back. I generally don't like the idea of basing the statistics on one-off things like challenges or random DCs, it's more based on consistent things like the terrible matchmaking.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389
    edited June 2021
    Options

The problem is when you do that and gens still pop ultra fast.

Sadly the meta right now forces you to slow the game as much as posible, so Ruin is mandatory. For me PGTW is bad because most of the times the moment you reach the generator, is finished (it is pretty good though in a 3 gen situation).

I don't think they're slowing the gen speed so...maybe survivors should always spawn together, so there is no chance of 3 gens being done at same time.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

If that's a huge issue for you use corrupt. Best perk to counter the devs silly early game of spawning survivors on separate gens

• Trifling
    Options

Are you playing perkless? This scenario only happens if you aren't using perks for gen defense. Corrupt makes it so you -should- be pressuring survivors before they're pumping out gens. Pop gives you 25% reduction on gens after a hook. Surge depending on the killer is amazing and can pop 8% off multiple gens at once. Ruin is going to quickly cause the loss of progress of those survivors you pressure via hooking/slugging who will likely spend time healing letting the gens regress even more.

• Tsulan
    Options

At least in 2 of 10 of my matches someone disconnects/suicides on the first hit/down.

• gendoss
    Options

Well I don't really play as killers that a lot of people hate, I mostly play Demo, but in my survivor games it rarely happens even against Spirits.

• Trifling
    Options

I don't think gen speeds are the issue. The early game is the issue. The killer needs to start the game with some form of pressure. Slowing gens would just make the most boring part of the game more boring.

I don't like Pop either. Even when it was the meta I never enjoyed the perk. I think I just don't like kicking gens tbh. Surge is underrated imo. If you're downing survivors reliably and quickly you're knocking 8% off any gen within 32 meters every 40 seconds and it stacks with Ruin if you're into that.

I'm sure they've thought of having survs spawn together. Wish they had done something with the early game collapse idea

• StutteringSpartan
    StutteringSpartan Member Posts: 251
    Options

You’ll always lose 2-3 gens within the first few minutes, during that time you build pressure. if a gen is at 90% consider it a lost cause, unless you have PGTW.

The advanced side of killer is knowing when survivors are wasting your time. Is the survivor you’re chasing leading you away on a chase from generators? So many killers have tunnel vision! And focus on survivors as the priority, instead of generators.

The same as clickty click survivors, they’re trying to get your attention away from generators. Once you learn the advance side, even the best survivors go down like a sack of potatoes

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

especially since about half the challenges across the tomes require you to make extremely stupid plays to get them done in any reasonable length of time (*coughHeroicCausecough*)

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Some of them really annoying. Hide in killer TR without catch and escape in this trial. I hate challanges like this. So i have to play like baby survivor in red ranks?

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

Right now the meta is corrupt, pop, and ruin. Unfortunate how killers have to use 3 gen regression perks to have a chance.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Which killer and perks were you using?

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259
    Options

If you get first one quickly, I prefer using Corrupt and Pop. Well it depends also which killer you are playing but Corrupt is your answer.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

If you’re always seeking a 4K, you’ll be disappointed at red ranks because survivors have grinded for 16 ranks and developed skill while most killers have not. The game doesn’t encourage most killers to improve or even learn new tactics so once they get to red ranks, they struggle to compete effectively. Not all, but a lot of them. Keep at it and try some different builds.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

@Unifall

Lol what. According to who?

I only use Corrupt and it is enough most of the time.

The game is called Dead by Daylight not Dead by Eternity. This is why slow down perks are a problem to begin with people rely way too much on buying time because they think one chase is suppose to take 2-3 gens. I get that in certain circumstances it happens (overcommitting to a single chase, hardcore camping or alternatively they all brought a BNP, PTS and all injured with resilience) but this isn’t normal. At least not in my games.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

I’ll always say the rift has been the biggest nerf to solo q has ever got

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

You aren't downing people relatively quickly if two gens are popping on your first chase. Or you aren't running Corrupt Intervention. Corrupt Intervention is mandatory against a competent team.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Not really. Survivors typically spawn on a gen. 20 seconds to find a survivor, 15 seconds to first stab, speed boost + blood wipe means 15 seconds to catch back up. 15 seconds to get second stab. 5 to 10 seconds to drag the person to the hook. 5 to 10 seconds later 3 gens pop. This isnt complicated.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

For most killers thats the meta. Its either corrupt and pop or corrupt and ruin but I've seen corrupt pop and ruin in my red ranks games. The thing is any chase already takes about 1-2 gens by the time you get 1 survivor unless the survivor is a weak link. You could say the same thing about second chance perks which makes the loops longer. They are a problem as well.

• Tsulan
    Options

I see this as survivor. But maybe its because the game is instable since the patch. Seen a lot of DCs that made no sense. Like someone else got hit and someone disconnects. Really weird.

• Tsulan
    Options

Yes, or Blood debt. Where you have to unhook someone who unhooked you first.

• Tsulan
    Options

It definetly has a bad impact on the kill rates.

People play bad on purpose because of it.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Yep and it ruins a lot of potentially fun solo matches because 1 guy is searching chest while another is looking for his red glyph.

But yeah once challenges are over things tend to go back to normal

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

Pro tip: there's nothing you can do.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options
  • Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

Just pressure every gen on the map at the same time while also downing and hooking people. Totally possible.

• Micheal
    Micheal Member Posts: 288
    Options

All tall you the perfect center play for those little turds. Play as gunslinger

Bring no one escapes Michael Myers hit cooldown speed perk. Blood worden and fire up.