Which killer perks need to be nerfed, in your opinion?

Options
van9684
van9684 Member Posts: 433

I would get rid of Noed or give it a massive overhaul. Rewarding killers end game who have played poorly is a broken feature and works against killers developing skill.

I would also say bbq and chili. Killer should see one players aura upon hooking another survivor.

which do you think need a rework or nerf?

Comments

• van9684
    Options

There are but in solo q, I see nobody countering it. It creates a snowball where killer hooks, uses bbq to go to next person, hooks them, comes back for person first hooked. Rinse and repeat. If it wasn’t a good perk then why do all killers use it?

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    edited June 2021
    Options

Pop should probably be nerfed to 20% from 25%. Ruin should maybe be nerfed from 100%/200%/300% to like... 100%/175%/250%.

Devour Hope... Honestly I personally hate it. There's nothing inherently wrong with it... I just hate it.

No other Killer perk needs a nerf. A lot of them could get a buff though.

Edit: Three people have told me I got Ruin's numbers wrong. Nobody else needs to, thanks.

My point is still the same though. Ruin kills gen progress a little too fast.

Post edited by FFirebrandd on
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897
    Options

None really. Though I do dislike starstruck.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Tinkerer

• van9684
    Options

Oh devour is awful. Such a broken hex with no skill. Since they hid the totems better, I’m seeing it more and more. Good post.

• van9684
    Options

Lol we both know that’s not the reason they use it. Im talking unskilled killers like bubba mains or wraiths.

• van9684
    Options

I thought you might play bubba. Just a hunch. 🤷‍♂️

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

Tinkerer, ruin and noed. But base gen speed should be adressed first

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,044
    Options

NOED: Needs a full rework, honestly. Or at least tell survivors they're exposed when the gates are powered.

Tinkerer: I love it but it can be oppressive with certain builds. It should probably only trigger once per individual generator.

I don't think any others need to be nerfed. BBQ is completely fine and not even the strongest tracking perk, Ruin is a totem and requires the killer to apply a lot of gen pressure to get value, Pop rewards the killer's skill and can be countered through a variety of perks, and not gentapping when the killer is about to get Pop ready. There aren't really any others.

• Asdkre
    Asdkre Member Posts: 7
    Options

This might be controversiaI, but I think Noed is completely fine. In my opinion it isn't rewarding a bad killer, but punishing lazy/bad survivors.

There are countless tools to help get rid of totems. But for some reason even swfs don't use them, while they can have just 1 person worry about totems. You could argue that if you play solo it might be a waste to bring totem perks, because others will too, but just look at how often you see those perks (when there aren't many totem challanges). In some cases you can even tell the others in pre-game chat, that you will take care of totems. Even if multiple people bring them they are still not a complete waste because you 2 will get rid of them faster and can work on gens sooner. And no, you are not bringing it to just counter one perk the killer might doen't even have, but almost every other hex perk.

When i play survivor i often go on totem duty, because it is more fun than just holding m1 and often pays off.

A couple of years ago the totems were often all cleansed so i stopped using Noed but now I can't remember the last time my noed didn't activate, so I started using it again and I encourage others to give it a go. It can be really fun to get revenge on those careless toolbox heroes.

BBQ is terrible on almost every killer and is mainly used for the bloodpoint bonus.

• van9684
    Options

Killers don’t earn anything lol. They have every advantage. Survivors are basically sheep in a field that only learn to run in circles in purple ranks which makes killers mad. Give me a break. Lol

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Thrilling tremors is a better perk, most good killers agree with that i think. The aura reading on bbq is nice, but its mostly for the points.

As for the gameplay loop youre describing, thats called juggeling. What is it youre expecting from killers exactly? Its not tunneling. Its not camping. Do you expect every killer to hook each survivor in turn? 1 after the other? You realize that its virtually impossible for a killer to win like that right? So im wondering what it is youre expecting killers to do. Whats the game winning strat where nobody ever gets camped, tunneled or juggeled and never runs any gen regression or hex perks of any kind.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

Oh oops. This is what happens when you post without double checking your numbers. Anyway, point being, Tier 3 Ruin just seems to kill gen progress too fast. So like... make it like... 100%/130%/160% or something.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    edited June 2021
    Options

Ruin, Tinkerer, Tinkerer!!, Starstruck, Dragon's Grip, PGTW, and several others

And BBQ

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

None of them. I honestly don’t think there are any overpowered perks on either side atm. Just a bunch of underpowered perks.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

None of them.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093
    Options

Nerfing killer perks won't make bad survivors play better. Just like nerfing survivor perks won't make bad killer play better either.

The constant calls for nerfs to perks on both sides gets almost embarrassing sometimes, and it illustrates the people who never play the other "side", or who are out-and-out trolling, or both.

The only perk run by killers that's annoying when I face it is NOED. I just escaped a Pig who was running NOED and she got multiple kills (at least one of the survivors on their first hook) as a result (I wasn't one of them). Of course, they also had Ruin (that was destroyed almost immediately, probably because it spawned right next to a generator or in the wide-open) and, even playing as a solo, my teammates and I pounded out all 5 gens in barely 6 minutes -- so maybe if any of us had stopped to do a totem or two (the Pig got a couple of hooks prior to the last gen, but no one was in danger of dying) we could have avoided it.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited June 2021
    Options

NOED, because I hate free kills and second chances. Rancor as well because it has a similar, though slightly harder to use condition.

Devour Hope, becuase it's holding back Hex perks as a whole and is the sole legitimate reason totem spawns won't be buffed.

Bamboozle, because ######### perks that force you to play scummy. It's like if survivors had a perk that only let the hook timer run if the killer is within 12m.

Tinkerer, because it disproportionately affects solo que because it requires extensive co-ordination to overcome.

Knockout and Third Seal, because they are literally just solo-bully perks and have zero other purpose than to 4-person-slug an entire team and then probably leave them to bleed out because that's the only kind of person I have ever seen running these perks outside of getting achievements.

I certainly wouldn't nerf BBQ, that might make killers use strong, counterless tracking perks and no-one wants that.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,585
    Options

I assume you'll do a post for Survivor perks soon?

I really don't think any Killer perks need nerfed, but I do think NOED needs a rework. It isn't OP, it just isn't super healthy

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

NOED is the only one that I would say could use a rework.

• SasukeKun
    SasukeKun Member Posts: 1,858
    Options

Those are both horrid ideas imo, have you heard of ADRENALINE or Dark Sense? they are practically the same

• WishIcouldmain
    edited June 2021
    Options

What are the several others? And I actually think Dragon's Grip can use a buff so please explain why you think it needs nerfs.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited June 2021
    Options

So the perk is strong because of your teammates? If so that's because of your teammates the perk gets value.

• Sluzzy
    Options

I've seen a few Wraiths with it and it was really broken on him.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited June 2021
    Options
  • Sluzzy
    Options

60 secs feels like an eternity. It's broken on him and overpowered on all the others really.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I would get rid of NOEDs unnecessary speed boost.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

None.

No killer perk needs to be nerfed, in my opinion.

Noed needs a rework, not because it's op, but because it's an awful perk. Like seriously, it just sucks.

• WishIcouldmain
    Options

But you can simply wait out the thirty seconds only a few killers could get back in time. Someone injured could just hop on it, And it suffers a massive cooldown of 80 seconds. And also list all perks you believe are in need of nerfs.

• van9684
    Options

Lol you’ll get better. Just keep practicing. Killer is easy and requires no skill.

• WishIcouldmain
    Options
  • OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

Why do people want to nerf bbq? Weren't you complaining that you get camped a lot in another thread? Anyways to the actual question.

Killer perk nerf..... I think noed and believe it or not starstruck, starstruck is really good for the only thing that you need to do in order to activate it.

• Gaffy
    Gaffy Member Posts: 222
    Options

Yes definitely as 3 people are working separate on gens from my BBQ proc, totally me being bad and my fault.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

But which was destroyed? The master, or the apprentice?

• Onykron
    Onykron Member Posts: 62
    Options

having multiple accounts on the dbd forums is a pathway to many bait posts some consider to be unnatural.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369
    Options

ah sluzzy, everyone already knows survivor is easier than killer

• Techn0
    Techn0 Member Posts: 405
    Options

Rancor. The only killer perk I have a problem with.

There's no reason somebody should be instadowned and mori'd after not being seen by the killer AT ALL during the trial.