Which is the best killer to play against SOLO survivors?

Options
Piruluk
Piruluk Member Posts: 995

New player, only played as solo survivor till now,and have to say the game absolutely unfun,because of majority of times we are losing, thats to say killer kills everyone, about 1/10 in games there are more than 2+ survivor escaping. Usually killer gets 4k if the player wants it, slugging for it, if not there is 50% chance to get hatch for the last survivor. Gates arent option because they are usually spaming very close, so I just walk to killer to kill me.

Anyway I have about 150+ hour in, and about to try killer, it seems the easier role.

Which one would be easiest to play for a new player?

Thats to say very easy to master. I am thinking about Wraith but open to other suggestions, mainly because doesnt seem much to him, cloak then uncloak and get a hit, I think I barely had any game where could stand to Wraith, well unless we had a very good looper and Wraith commited to that player therefore lost.

Spirit I am not so sure about, according to reports very strong but seems more effort to master.

Also I red about Cannibal thats to say very easy to play, but for me he seems to slow, nothing he could do when split to repair generators. So seems to be bad against decent players, lacks mobility.

Comments

• GrimmGaliard
    GrimmGaliard Member Posts: 258
    Options

Killer is only easier at the beginning when you have clueless survivors. It's potentially the harder of the two roles

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143
    Options

The difficulty of the two roles goes like this. Bad Survivors < Bad Killer < Good Killer < Good Survivors. If you're playing against solos who are bad you can play any killer you want. Which is good because 90% of the playerbase fits into this category. Once you start facing GOOD survivors or even just average survivors in a swf you'll start having a really tough time as killer.

The best killers lose to the best survivors. That's a fact. If you really want to play killer you're playing killer because you like playing killer. Not because you think it's easier. So pick a killer you mesh with, one you like the aesthetic of, or just find fun. Just try some killers out and see which one you think is the coolest. After you find the one you like you can start looking into guides on how to play that killer specifically better.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,629
    edited June 2021
    Options

Killer is very easy at the beginning. Easier than Survivor. It becomes more difficult than Survivor in the long run, however, it never is really hard to play as Killer.

When it comes to Killers to play - from the Basegame, I think Wraith and Trapper are alright to play for a new player. You should avoid Nurse and Huntress, those are difficult to pick up. And especially for Nurse, you dont learn anything on playing Killer - like, if you play Wraith and become good with him, you will be alright to play similar Killers (similar in the sense that they have the same movement speed and chase potential).

However, I highly recommend to get Leatherface. He is fun to play as as well and easy to pick up, he has a Chainsaw with an Instadown, but it is easy to get hits in, but you also have a skill ceiling. If you use the Chainsaw when you are at their back, it is easier, but becomes harder if you want to use all 3 Charges and use it in a Loop (for example). But, and this is also important - Leatherface (The Cannibal) is a Standard Killer, he plays like others like Trapper or Wraith. So easy to pick up.

And, a BIG point for him - he comes with BBQ&Chili. This Perk provides 25% Bonus-BPs for every fresh hooked Survivor, this means, if you have hooked all 4 Survivors once, you will get 100% Bonus-BPs. This helps a lot with the grind and IMO Leatherface should be the first Killer to pick so that you can get BBQ on all of your other Killers.

In the end, just try out what Killers you like and if you like on of them, stick to them for a while.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Pretty much any killer but Trickster can do well against solo players.

• Piruluk
    Options

Okay I did try Wraith first, and got 4k right away. However still couldnt begin my second game, because cant find players, this is quite a change from playing survivor where as I did get games instantly. I will consider Leatherface for his perk, if nothing else that would really help me at the grind.

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    Options

For easy to use Killers than have decent potential I think Wraith and Leatherface are good choices. Both have abilities that are fairly easy to undertsand and use, and both Killers can do decently against 90% of survivors.

Wriath is free so a natural choice but Leatherface (or at least his perk, Barbecue & Chili) is really helpful to obtain since B&C doubles the bloodpoint gain in most matches and is a decent informational perk also.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

Maybe this video can help you:

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited June 2021
    Options

Killer is piss easy vs rank 20-15 a bit harder vs 15-10 then it starts to become a challenge at 10-5 and pretty much a unfair (depends on the killer you play) sweatfest in 5-1

Bubba: For Perks (BBQ) and overall a solid Killer to start with

Doctor: Very good if you suck at tracking

Legion: Again if you suck at tracking and want to farm bloodpoints (and you need millions of bloodpoints).

Freddy: Well he can do everything

Legion and Doctor are very strong vs new Survivors cuz they rely on stealth instead of looping.

• Piruluk
    Options

I have really no fear against stealth, because as survivor preferred to play that way,so I know the hiding spots and in my xp those who rely on stealth not really good loopers at all, I have to say dont need help in tracking.

What I want is mobility above all, thats what I seek in a killer and very easy to play, simple mechanics where I cant really much mistake

• Piruluk
    Options

I played against an SWF, really annoying, now I do understand killer mains better, 2 times in row, they DC-ed to last one to get the hatch, surely they knew because as soon as DC-ed the last one escaped via hatch.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

Trapper is really good at teaching the fundamentals, including why it’s important to identify which areas of the map are important to try and control, and which areas you need to let go of, which are also the same areas you shouldn’t let survivors lead you to during chases.

• xerav
    Options

Yeah but the number of Maps without grass increases more and more ^^

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Bubba is great choice or Wraith.

But consider buying and leveling up Bubba first simply for BBQ perk (+100% BP)

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628
    Options

I play both, but am mostly killer main. Depends on what you classify as "easy" or what issues make killer hard. BTW killer is less stressful as you don't have anybody sandbagging you, but its a lot more stressful when you are all by yourself and you get stomped (it will happen).

-Doctor: great noob stomper. M1 killer with great information perks (Static Blast to find people). I recommend pairing with Whispers so you don't waste Static Blast in the beginning. Wait for tier 3 (32m) to go off then static blast. He also had a high skill ceiling with mastery of loops and denying survivor actions.

-Wraith: fun and easy to use. His lunge and base speed is fun and his add ons are pseudo-perks as well.

-Bubba: good to get BBQ early so not a bad option to start.

-i enjoy Demo and Myers once you start getting the swing of things. Their powers are interesting and they both have interesting perks to unlock (Surge, PWYF, STBFL)

Any killer can do well, it just has to match your playstyle tbh. I would say some key perks you should try to unlock (wait for shrine of secrets event for 5 year anniversary) are Corrupt Intervention, PGTW, BBQ, Ruin, Undying, Devour Hope, Retribution, Oppression, Iron Maiden, Monitor & Abuse. These are all great-decent perks on killers. With the SoS event, we are getting 9000 shards, and perks will be 500 less. So you can unlock 4 perks guaranteed over this 2 week event (each day, 4 new perks).

• Piruluk
    Options

Yeah I heard about the event and started to save my shards for it, already having about 6000 shards

• Patrick1088
    Options

Most killer matches are within 2-5 minutes, but lately has been longer. Its probably because of new players trying Nemesis. If you keep having issues try a different time of day if possible or turn crossplay on (if its not on already)

• Piruluk
    Options

Not bad, I have to wait 10 mins, during that I browse and stuff.

• Patrick1088
    Options

10 minutes at rank 20? I play nights and weekends EST mostly and wait times are under 5 minutes usually.

I was a rank 11 before reset, but went down to 17 lol

• xerav
    Options

If you start playing Killer you will have long queue times (there is only a few survivors at rank 20 most of em play with friends and quickly rank up). At rank 10 its 2-5mins depending on what daytime you play and redranks is instant.

• Piruluk
    Options
  • CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 949
    Options

In my opinion at least, taking note of both console and pc, These killer's would be pretty decent to start with, perk wise and gameplay for a new player.

Easy:

Clown - I find him quite fun tbh, managing your bottles and throwing them strategically, can make a lot of loops and pallets unsafe, has 2 decent perks as well, you will want Pop and Bamboozle.

Doctor - While not the best perks, Overcharge is not half bad for matching with other new players. His tracking and madness will win you a lot of games alone until mid ranks.

Leatherface - I made the mistake of not buying him earlier on, decent perks and easy to learn, Just a case of learning when to use your chainsaw.

Hillbilly - Perks are great, good mobility and potential insta downs, just need to learn for when to use your chainsaw at opportune moments in chases, and not spam it.

Medium:

Plague - You will want Corrupt and Infectious fright perks unlocked anyway, Once you get the hang of her mechanics, she's an incredibly fun killer.

Pyramid Head - Same case with plague, learn his mechanics and when to use them and you'll be golden. Perk wise not the best, but trail and deathbound can be useful.

Demo - Need to be somewhat map aware, place his portals near gens you think you can defend optimally, ideally a 3 gen in your web of portals or portals mostly on one side of the map. Shred is your friend, use it on corners and windows, anticipate pallet drops with it and in some cases use it for distance. Surge is the only good perk though. He will want the save the best for last perk and corrupt to help him.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Man. Id really love for you to play killer exclusibely for 6 months and come back to us with a comparison 😂

• Piruluk
    Options

Well I saw OTZ guide,and according that for me Wraith and Legion is the perfect killer.

But might get Leatherface anyway, but still gonna wait for the event maybe his perk will be there

• Wazzup
    Wazzup Member Posts: 88
    Options

Oh one VITAL tip - don;t learn useless perks from other Killers as it will just mean you take longer to get to the perks you really want.

Community list of the best perks:

and a decent guide to the best perks (and DLCs):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2518354982

• Patrick1088
    Options

Great point about Demo that I forgot in earlier post. I had a game yesterday stall at 3 gen at Rancid Abbatoir (yuck map for killers lol). I ran Corrupt/Whispers/STBFL/NOED (don't have a lot of perks on him yet). I killed 1 as 4th gen popped, but then I set up multiple portals in my 3 gen and I ended up getting a 3K (let last person escape). Also Demo's of the abyss and lifeguard whistle are great information powers. Not as strong as Doctor, but no slowdown or limitation for most part

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

Go wraith. He will teach you a lot about macro decisions and is very forgiving in terms of mechanics. He also stomps SQ and is much more effective after the recent buffs.

• Piruluk
    Options

Yeah Wraith seems to be easiest and played about 10 games. I did 8x4k, and 2x3k because of DC

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,870
    Options

In games that are going too easy, I'd advise taking your time with survivors and practicing mind games and moonwalks. Those skills are easily transferred to most other killers and will really step up your potential. Best

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Solos mean nothing. There are just a bunch of bad players out there. I'm a solo and I'm still carrying near every match. However if were talking about taking advantage over no coms then stealth or killers with good mobility etc. Are best you can easily swap targets and keep them guessing. Nothing wrong with solos. Just bad players in ranks they dont belong, killer is the harder role if you actually match with people your skill.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508
    Options

Oh you're going to change your tune once you hit purples and reds, where survivors deciding to hold M1 determines whether or not you can win if you don't have gen defense.

Well, for ease of use VS solo survivors, Wraith, Freddy, Pig, and Letherface all qualify. Many would say Spirit is easy to use and strong, but I don't think she'll be easy to use for a new killer. Tracking purely by sound, scratch marks, and grass isn't as easy as you'd think. However, it's a skill you can partially learn from other killers, lowering the curve after you have some experience.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Wraith and Leatherface are easy to learn and effective early on. Hag and Billy are the best pubstompers, once you learned them.

But play whoever interests you, this is not a competitive game.

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670
    Options

I am a solo Q survivor main, but I dabble in killer. Killer is absolutely the harder role to play, but at the beginning it’s way easier. Survivor is way harder at the beginning and easy later on.

My two favorite killers to play against are Nurse, and Huntress. Absolutely so much fun! As a killer, Huntress is my favorite to play currently.

• Ink_Eyes
    Ink_Eyes Member Posts: 561
    Options

Deathslinger if you have played shooters and know how to aim it's pretty simple to down a survivor with him as he technically removes windows from the game and even some loops (not all but most)