Why I don't play Survivors often (Please read)

I got Dead By Daylight when Plague was released, I just loved her design (Hela from Hellheim) but unique power so much I felt compelled to shell out $50 and get her with a few more DLCs that were on sale.

I quickly realized how much more fun killers were to play because of their unique powers while survivors' only core gameplay revolved around fixing gens, even though playing survivor was easier I still mainly play killer for 2 big reasons

Reason #1: If you don't have friends who play this game like me then you will quickly learn the RNG of solo queueing, sometimes I get good teammates and sometimes I get stupid teammates. I'm usually a Rank 15 or 13 survivor but TFW when I complete 2 gens solo and loop the killer for 5 minutes while my random teammates are just walking around or just leave me to die on first hook while they escape Feelsbad, since then I don't sacrifice myself to save survivors anymore because they let themselves get killed anyway, one even tried to unsafely rescue me right after I got second hooked knowing they are on death hook and I didn't have Borrowed Time (should be a default mechanic btw) This is why I think SBMM would benefit low to mid level skilled players but it can also make higher rank plays very sweaty

Reason #2: Just repairing generators as the sole objective and sometimes cleansing totems which is not hard at all (I wish survivors had to complete at least one gen before being able to cleanse but heh) anyways, it's just so boring to me. I made a previous post where I said that it would be so much more interesting if survivors had to find parts in chests around the maps to fix the gens or at least make the toolboxes from said chests more viable, survivors have no other way of interacting with the map because chests are not worth going through since if you don't have Ace's perk or something and there comes the bloody Bloodweb issue again, honestly the rarity of items from chests should be increased even if just toolboxes or med-kits because that would shake the core gameplay of survivors significantly and even make somewhat overlooked perks more useful.

Comments

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101

I mostly agree, survivor is incredibly dull to me, the only fun parts are h iding from the killer and getting chased from the killer, occasionally saving allies from the killer. with gens being the ONLY true objective though, the fun interactions basically only happen with killers of exactly the right skill level for your team. if they are too good people get downed too quickly and you spend the entire game getting wrecked. If they are too bad sometimes you'll never even see them, or if you do looping will be so easy it's boring. Blood points are the same, if you are enough better, or worse, than the enemy killer you get nothing.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793

Well, I play as Killer as Survivor, and their gameplay are different.

It is a bit simple to say that playing survivor is only to repair gen. The fun part of the surv' gameplay is to outplay the killer. I play survivor to loop the killer, or find fun or useful builds as there is a lot of perks.

• tolore

Yeah the problem to me is that the number of games where I get to do that stuff is very low. Killer too bad? I loop them for like 10 seconds and they leave, or they lose me immediately. Killer too good? they catch me immediately. Heck some games I don't even SEE the killer because they refuse to give up chasing another survivor.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    edited June 2021

That's why I love this game, you can always improve ! As you said, if the killer is good, he catches you quite fast, it means you can improve your gameplay in some ways !

• tolore

For sure, the problem is the game also isn't fun if i'm better enough than the killer, or if one of my allies is too much better/worse than the enemy killer. Even if you remove all the games where i just get wrecked, still a majority of the ones leftover aren't super fun because I barely interact with the killer. And worst of all, if I have a super good round as survivor, I also don't get any BP, so i don't even get the fun of advancing my account much.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

You will get better teammates as your rank improves. But solo q is the hardest mode in the game.

• missionnhunter
    missionnhunter Member Posts: 39

Run object, wear bright colours, and bring a flashlight. You'll get more killer interaction and have more opportunity to take hits etc for injured teammates