The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there a way to nerf the hag?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

Vera, I know it's annoying to have a witch in the game, it even sucks playing against her, but is there any way to nerf her? The use of traps in Shack is worse than insidious Bubba, they should give him a 16 meter range of a hook to set the traps. He takes all the fun out of a game and we must balance both sides to satisfy ourselves with blood points.

Comments

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I don't know but I'd like to see them do something to her.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Have all traps within so and so meters of a unhook vanish.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

It’s quite similar to nurse. They are very strong but no real clear way to nerf them.

Some of her addons could use a look at though

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I'd have triggering traps reveal your aura, slow you down -a lot- and give the Hag a very heavy speed boost. Just having her warp on you and slap you, especially when you get unhooked, was okay back in the day when healing didn't take forever but you can't run around injured around Hag. You step on the wrong spot and slap, you're down.

If she's barreling at you at high speeds and you're snared you can at least try to react, and you'll avoid the current strategy of popping all of her traps when she's carrying a survivor because you'll just make her agitation speed or cause her to get the zoomies.

Traps would still be very important to the Hag, obviously, but I dunno. There's a reason she's not popular to play as. (Hint: She's slow and can't blink.)

• FregglesFred
    FregglesFred Member Posts: 317

Fat bait.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

The problem with that is Gens and hooks are often within tiles so that restriction would make it super awkward to play around as Hag

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339

Why don't people just crouch over them. You don't trigger her traps if you do that just saying.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,287

As much as I hate a camping hag, I wouldn't trust Behaviour with her rework. They'd just break her and make her even more less common to get.

Best thing to do is wait for her to pick someone up and run through all her traps. Also, take note of where the basement is and stay the hell away from it.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,262

I think her traps should be triggered only when a survivor is running.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Hag is 110% movement speed killer with no chase potential. PH is 115%, plus has a ranged ability. Hag relies on her traps. You add a radius around hooks/gens that she can't place traps, you give up half a tile. There will be map rng where a hook and gen spawn on opposite sides of the tile, which means the tile itself becomes useless for her.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,434

Nah, Hag is fine as she is. She doesn't need a nerf.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    edited June 2021

Let survivors wipe away her traps when they crouch up to them.

Get rid of trapping under the hook

Done.

• Steah
    Steah Member Posts: 511
    edited June 2021

Because survivor players fail to understand the game is a 4v1. They have the advantage in macro sense as they have the numbers, but then complain when a killer puts them in a situation where they have few to no options. At that point they think about it as a 1v1.

The real counter play to Hag is to not let her set up her web and hook someone in it. Instead of understanding that they want a way out of every situation.

If a situation exists where a survivor has no counter play, that is considered unfair.

If a situation exists where a killer has no counter play, then that is fine.

I've had people unironically tell me the counter play to Spine Chill as Ghost Face is to not use half of your power.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited June 2021

On top of all the counterplay people have put on here as a part time Hag main (been getting back into Doc heavily lately) I'll give my two cents for possible QoL changes/nerfs if you will. The best suggestion I've seen to "nerf" her is to make it so her traps within a certain radius of hooks deactive for a period after an unhook happens. Makes survivors question if they should rush the unhook or take some time and unhook safer but be able to actually get away.

Honestly, if survivors would stop rushing unhooks against her it would solve 99% of the problems people have with her and I'd be cool with making it so the survivor can get away after an unhook without being immediately tunneled.

• Steah

Flashlight her traps, keep an eye on where she is trapping so you know where not to run, and start working on the gens she's trying to defend early. It is not a good thing to see a survivor early as a Hag. I need that time to set up my traps. I can't spend that time chasing them but i might have to especially if they see where my traps are and set them off while i'm trying to set up elsewhere. Plus even if it's a guaranteed hit, if i am trying to set up elsewhere, you set one trap off, i teleport and hit you, you run away. Now what. My web is broken, i got 1 hit which i can't capitalize on, and i'm not spending that valuable time setting up.

• Zozzy

Yeah, just use this item that has limited charges and you also need randomly find or be lucky enough to be using that match. Good counter /s

Not everyone is low enough to use stretched rez so for normal people we can't see you for most of the match.

If all a survivor does is mess with your traps all game then they are literally throwing away a pip or even a safety pip for the other 3.

• Zozzy

I got hit so fast by a hag doing this that it didn't even play the animation. I knew where the trap was and touched the edge and i was hit before i could even take a step away.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I dunno add a cooldown or some dumb ######### bhvr seems to love those or maybe a staged base power who knows you can literally count the options on 1 hand

• Zozzy

Most hags will periodically make eye contact with the person on the hook to catch anyone crawling like a snail to the rescue.

• Steah

I mean sure just ignore what i said and ######### instead. Why bother learning how to play vs killers, just stay on here and keep whining untill she gets gutted

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Does... does no one here realize you can crouch over them? And if the survivor is holding crouch as they're unhooked or working on a gen they don't trigger?

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

I understand the frustration and I myself dislike playing as / againts a Hag but any restriction that would turn off her traps around something would make her much more weaker. If you are looking for nerfs, maybe I would agree with some of her add-ons to get add-on pass (but not like Hillbilly where 70% of them are meh). Her add-ons are very strong, much like Spirit (but spirit has more OP add-ons).

Give her like 16 / 8 m range restriction on gens / hooks and I am telling you she would feel much worse to play and much weaker at the point she would be too weak. She is not a chasing killer after all (not if you want to play her right).

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433

I agree. You sing find honest open chat here. You’ll just get insulted for daring to mention a killer might be op. I get it, killers want to defend their fun and ease in game but we all know the truth. Hag is annoying and without a flashlight, you’re in for a rough time.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    edited June 2021

I... use a flashlight? That destroys traps and crouching over them doesn't set them off

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347

Add ons plus traps on hook need a change. Going against those dumb hag players who don't use traps until they hook someone and start place all next to the hook is hilarious.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited June 2021

Play her and realize she has to tunnel and camp like a lot of other killers. If she doesn't get hits off traps, she's just a slow M1 killer that isn't as versatile as Huntress.

Grief her traps early and watch her helplessly run around trying to do something as generators get repaired.

• LethalPugy
    LethalPugy Member Posts: 493

Make it so when people crouch under a trap they disable for the 30 seconds or so.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

Camping Hags or ones that spam traps around a hook get punished hard. If that's not happening, the survivors are doing something wrong. You will not see those Hags succeed at high level, so maybe it's a question of "Are we talking about high level survivors here?" or just some noobs?

• Michi
    Michi Member Posts: 120
    edited June 2021

I will repeat : The only changes hag needs and will not destroy her are

- all traps in a x m radius around the hook will vanish after a rescue happened (it is a unique feature of hag that hook rescues are slowed down, but survivors should be rewarded for savely saving and not have to crouch back. I also want to see all camping hags being punished)

- adddon rework: most of her addons are useless, weaken her or are just simple stats increasers. That should change

- a new terror radius: since she is a sneak up character + a jumpscare killer the Terror radius of her should slowly fade in like the one of deathslinger but the moment a chase starts the music should start with a sudden scare ambient and continue to play wildly

• Zozzy

They are also slow.. very slow. and the traps are still there ready for the hag who will be running at you. but sure.. you can crouch and lose the game anyway.

• Zozzy

You gave a counter that has a limited use and a lot of luck to have in the first place and another counter that you expect someone to do who isn't on coms and have a miserable experience anyway and also doesn't work with terrible servers in this game.

Am i missing something?

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,469

Just have all traps within 8 meters of a hook automatically dissipate if the survivor is unhooked that way you have to be careful going for the rescue but are now safer after the rescue since they usual trap right under hook is destroyed, oh and don't show hag the range of where her traps will be destroyed that way even if its only an 8 meter range its as effective as the hag is bold enough to try

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

the bad things people say about twins, hag can do the same. camping wise