Your thoughts on crossplay

Options
Shaped
Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

I mean, even as a console player I don't have much problem with it since nowdays I mostly play survivor (played killer a lot more before cp).

I see a lot of people bashing and mocking console players, which of course is nothing special since people hate each other based on other differences too. But sometimes I feel like we are unhealthy to this game because maybe we can't reach our full potential and we are holding the game down in some way.

Optimisation, controllers... etc.

Was crossplay really neccessary? Yes we can turn it off but we are left with less players we had before.

What do you guys think about crossplay in general? Was it a good step or nah?

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Idk if it was necessary, but i'm not unhappy with crossplay thus far.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

I thought it was a good move tbh. I havent noticed any difference in the level of players as a killer, its all been the same. I think the only thing it makes a difference on is huntress nurse and maybe deathslinger

• Mekochi
    Mekochi Member Posts: 942
    Options

I think it was a good step, yes PC players have an advantage kind of with the mouse, but I don't see to much of a difference as someone who plays Xbox. The wiggling is also more convenient on PC as well, meanwhile on console, you have to pretty much break your thumb to wiggle.

As someone who has mostly played console games since 2010, I am used to just playing on console, although there are some hiccups. I don't think DBD was the best game to do cross-platform with since playing on Nintendo Switch as killer vs 4 PC survivors must be an absolute nightmare.

In my personal opinion, they should've left PC players with platforms that were on the same level, at least until they could optimize their game better for other platforms.

This isn't supposed to be a PC vs Console take as both sides have their pros and cons, but this is supposed to be a take on how I think it could've gone better.

• Karao_Ke
    Karao_Ke Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Considering most of my friends are on PC while I'm a console pleb, crossplay was one of the best things to happen to DBD imo.

With that being said, there isn't much of an unfair advantage other than console optimization, which is good when compared to FPS games that have waaay more things holding it back.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Right, i do still feel a bit bad for our console players.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

I don't like crossplay. This game was meant to be played with a M&K.

Controllers are okay, but not as good as a M&K.

If the devs wanted crossplay, they should have just kept it between Xbox and PlayStation users (and other similar platforms).

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

I like to have it off sometimes because more people in the end game chat

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

I would play with crossplay off when the queue times wouldnt be that bad.

I really dont want to play with hackers (they are getting more and more common for me) or streched res users.

I dont care for M&K or Crosshairs tho.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,103
    Options

Only thing that annoying is getting hackers and macro clicking from PC players.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126
    Options

I also play in console and I feel it was a good step. Before cp I mostly face Huntress when playing survivor and before cp there is a wide killer variety.

I don't understand at all that pc vs console thing...

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

I do wish the would make it so you could stop crossplay with certain platforms, for example unchecking pc, but let it do crossplay with the other consoles.

Apart from some irritating moments such as scroll wheel hag it seems OK though except for Nintendo Switch being players being at a huge disadvantage with that versions performance.

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
    Options
  • Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144
    Options

Adding M&K support would even the playing field. But I seriously doubt the devs will do that.

• UncleStabby
    UncleStabby Member Posts: 837
    Options

They need to remove the autoaim feature from consoles. I hate that the devs assume we need to be helped to hit a survivor, when more often than not it just tugs us towards a wall we weren't even close to hitting.

I appreciate the thought, but I can kill pc survivors just fine on my own, thanks.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    Options

Personally for me, I think crossplay works phenomenally compared to other games. Yeah. I'm fine with it

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I hate it and I think it was a complete waste of resources.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

I love cross play!!!!

My only wish is that I could message my other consol/ pc peeps :< I met a lot of people before cross play (good and bad but lots more good) and now... no one ;_;

Its a lonely solo q life.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

It's alright. I wish console also had access to the in-game chats though, it'd be nice to communicate with them.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,001
    Options

Crossplay shouldn't ever be a problem, if there are weaknesses on one side, they need to be addressed.

For example, controller joystick deadzones on console. These are bad, even by console game standards, and make playing a ranged killer much harder than it needs to be, and it's already harder than using a mouse to point and click on what you want to hit.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I was actually just about to post this exact same thing.

I haven't noticed any problems that I can attribute to the existence of cross-play. To my mind the option simply provides more people to play with. Having grown up with consoles yet doing most of my gaming on the PC I also feel that all of the machines are valid and don't support the "console vs PC" debate at all.

People with mice may have quicker control (I play the PC version with a 360 controller - heresy, I know) but there are so many variables in this game that I doubt it makes a substantial statistical difference. Beyond that, all things are pretty much equal to me. The Switch Lite version is essentially a 1:1 port of the PC version, and I've played games that mingled the two in all possible configurations. All of it's the same to me. So I find cross-play fine, I just wish that console players could see and respond to my messages.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,655
    Options
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,655
    Options

Another example is the performance issues that Console has faced for years.

• The_Nightmare69
    The_Nightmare69 Member Posts: 55
    Options

Since the new chapter I turned cp off console had been having major problems after the new chapter down to the point that the game is almost unplayable. Having to face PC players with half of ‘em running mod menu’s on top off that is just not good for my blood pressure.

the other problem I have with cp is that I encounter a lot more hackers when it’s enabled. PC players can just make numerous new accounts when banned whereas we on console are stuck with the one account… yes we can create a new account but we’ll have to pay $60 to play online with said account so yeah…

• Keezo
    Keezo Member Posts: 453
    Options

There are more people playing on other platforms that what you are, so there is a higher chance of getting crossplay players, and since everyone is bad, this gives the impression that people from X platform are super bad.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,488
    Options

They've already said it would take too much time & work, plus require a UI overhaul as well, so I doubt it ever happens.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

overall I'm quite happy with Cross play. Honestly this is one game where the differences between M&K and Controller isn't huge so it works out nicely... except for ranged killers but console killers already had trouble with that.

The only part I'm a little sad about is that my end game lobbies are a lot quieter.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

I get faster games now that I play with PC people. I'm almost always the only console player in the lobby, but that's not surprising with the way DBD treats console players. But yeah, the PC people who like to ######### on console gamers is always amusing to me. But I guess they need something to make them feel special.