Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Tinkerer is OP

Zokenay
Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Change my mind.

A Perk with no CD that alerts the killer of the gen being progressed and removes their terror radius.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Nah, can't change your mind here. It's kind of a busted perk, overly oppressive on Blight and Freddy.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

It is too much and this is coming from someone that enjoys killer more than survivor. I don't even like using it.

• Zokenay
    Zokenay Member Posts: 1,158

I pretty much already said why, the perk hides your Terror Radius and tells you which gen are past 70%

With no CD on it, on fast killers this is plain annoying

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    edited June 2021

I used to think Tinkerer was fine. I now realize it's stupid.

I think it's just one for those perks that has to be reworked. Before it's buff, it was basically a "come see this gen get done in your face!" Alarm, but now it can feel incredibly oppressive.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

Overly oppressive on Freddy? How? You see him teleporting for seconds enough to crouch in a bush.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495
    edited June 2021

Ah, fair enough. Well to be honest. I think this version is fine, but the original one was blatantly OP and it's original rework it did nothing. Now in your defense, yeah this perk is brutal for fast killers. But.. that's kinda limited and it only activates when most of the gen is already completed. Unless you're going against a Hillbilly and me personally, I haven't run into one yet, you're pretty much safe to complete a gen

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Its not really that OP as it is frustrating to play against and annoying. Especially on Blight.

I wouldn't mind some small change but nothing severe, because its too good on few killers while mediocre on the rest

• Surginou
    Surginou Member Posts: 14

I think it is okay. But the synergy is just insane. I don't know how i would nerf it without making it useless... Maybe creating a minimum range that it activates?

• DwarvenTavern

Well, Blight does have that very rare addon that hides his terror radius anyway, it's pretty fun

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Tinkerer procs then Dream Projection. Also you can fake it so you can instantly walk to it without the surv completing it.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Once you know the killer has it, a simple counter is to get the gen to just past 70% and sneak away. He'll show, kick the gen, look for you, leave, as long as you get back to it before it gets below 70% he wont be notified youre back on it.

Or, run spine chill and sprint burst. Those counter a ton of stuff anyway besides just tinkerer

• femotek820
    femotek820 Member Posts: 119
  • Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

The perk does not stop a gen from being completed. The killer actually has to go to the gen to chase survivors off of it, it doesn't automatically incapacitate survivors. Not only that, but the killer can't be at all gens at once, making splitting up still beneficial to survivors. Heck, even grouping up can make the gen be repaired before the killer can even get to it.

It is not overpowered.

• DwarvenTavern

70% is indeed most of the gen. That's a huge portion completed. And you only have undetectable active for 16 seconds. Plus on top of that. It's pretty much "okay he has this perk" situation. So you know it's coming

• DwarvenTavern
    edited June 2021

Also, to be fair, survivors also have two perks that shuts off stealth killers. Not saying it's op, but it's certainly unfair for everyone to scream and holler at a perk that requires literally 70% of the gen to be completed.. but okay I guess.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,839

It’s really only annoying paired with ruin

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

So like every survivor exhaustion perk?

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,789

Adding a modest cooldown would still leave it as a good and useful perk. It's not a binary choice between OP and useless.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

Yeah, and so is Spies and Whispers, right?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

This is what I'm saying. The killer can't pressure all gens at once so as long as y'all are pressuring 2 or more of them, the Tinkerers will mean nothing. This is just like people complaining about BBQ.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,437

I really don't understand this. Once it happens one time, now you know they have it. So do the gen to 70/75%, then hop off of it, and hide, wait out the tinkerer. Boom problem solved. If they spend time looking for you, they probably just lost 3 gens on the opposite end of the map, and/or tinkerer fires on those gens, so they leave you.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

I think Tinkerer is only strong when combined with Ruin but Ruin is a perk that can be deactivated so yeah... Can you really consider it OP then?

Idk, if they ever announce a change for the perk then I can definitely see why, even though I don't think it's necessary.

It's just a frustrating perk to go against. It's really annoying when you hold m1 for about 70 seconds and the gen is almost gone, only for a Blight to show up out of nowhere and completely regress it again.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

Tinkerer on its own is perfectly fine and you can play around it without much issue. Sure it has no direct cooldown, but it has an indirect one, since it can only prog on a gen again if the gen progress fell below 70%. And thats why it gets so oppressive with ruin and can be really annoying with pop.

So, if anything, the Tinkerer+Ruin(+Undying) combo would need a tone down, but surely not TInkerer on its own.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

Tinker really isnt op and is really only super useful on fast killers, though all killers can get some benefit from it. It can feel oppressive but if you spread out the gens you are working on it isnt bad. It can be annoying when paired with ruin but if you break ruin then there is really nothing to worry about cause natural gen regression is so slow and the killer has to kick it as well. Just spread out gen pressure on the killer and leave early forcing them to choose between the chase and kicking the gen; the killer will probably give up and leave and then u can finish the gen in peace. And if they have ruin break it before the final 3 gens especially against a high mobility killer to avoid that big issue.

Once you know they have it just plan to run the second the gen hits 70% if the killer was nearby or has any mobility.

Nerfing it would make it useless on all non-mobile killers and it would go back into the garbage heap of perks for most killers, which lets be honest this game already has enough garbage perks on both sides. Removing the no terror radius thing would also get rid of the little bit of synergy this perk has with other killers. For instance, one of my favorite killers to run it on is ghostface cause when it activates while I am in chase survivors will stop or risk messing up their loop to try to break me out of my power when it is really just tinker. They usually end up messing up and getting hit for nothing.

• Forrestgump
    Forrestgump Member Posts: 60

Looks like someone got spooked by a tinkerer bubba. Lets not nerf a perk that went from trash to useful.

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

I really don't t hink Tinkerer is OP. It is a perk that goes well with other perk combos and complement some killer powers, but on it's own it is not OP.

Cleanse the Hex totems first, then it's not much to worry about.

I see the ruin + undying combo as another version of corrupt intervention. Whenever I see it, I go totemhunting first. Usually takes about 1-2 minutes to search the map for possible totem spawns. In other words, for me it is a slowdown perk combo for early game and gen rush.

This being said, for newer players and solo q (or even worse: the combo of new and solo), this is a pain in the butt and very powerful. Though, how do you balance this in DBD it is impossible.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

Split up on gens and even a Blight will not be able to keep up with multiple tinkerer procs.

Its a perk that gives information, and it's value is wholly dependent on the decision and plays the killer player makes. It only ever gives you value if you're doing what you're supposed to do. Even with Ruin, if multiple gens proc tinkerer, you cannot run between both gens to make them regress. You'll just waste time and if you don't commit to a chase eventually you'll just lose.

It only feels oppressive to survivors who don't know how to split up and who don't know how to make a chase last.

• Evilhorst
    Evilhorst Member Posts: 103

Tinkerer is completely fine and not overtuned at all. You can figure out, that the killer has it and play around it by leaving gens early. This wastes SO much time you cannot even imagine, because the killer can only kick it and has to leave again. You will always know when the killer gets the information, thus making him either waste time by making him searching for you or making him go to the gen and leave all the time. When the others stick to other gens you win.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited June 2021

I think it's quite oppressive on certain killers Blight, Billy, Freddy. But, not to good on others like the 4.4s. In my opinion the only two perks that can use significant reworks for being too strong or unhealthy is Dead Hard and NOED. So, Tinkerer is balanced.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Against some killers as solo survivor it can be annoying, but I don't think it's OP. As killer I never use it there are other perks better suited to my game.

• SeannyD115
    SeannyD115 Member Posts: 583

I just played against a billy and blight with tinkerer and we all escaped. You just split up on gens. If more than one gen is at 70% the killer has to make a choice of which gen to go to