Does reporting work?

I don't mind encountering obvious hackers but I do mind when I stumble upon discrete ones who just do ######### when you're the only one to see then accuse you of just being salty. I don't record my games so I wonder: Do devs have a way of knowing if someone actually hacked or do the solely rely on video evidence?

Comments

• awustzdn
    awustzdn Member Posts: 317

Solely video evidence. Also, it has to be done via support ticket. The in-game system is completely ignored and is just there for shouting into the void.

• SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197

I've sent video proof in the past of obvious hackers and havent had anything happen...

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61

Oh my...There should at least be a reward system for people who take the trouble to record and submit. Does the in-game system really serve no purpose !?......... seems a bit improbable. McLean said once that there is a department in charge of breaches such as hacks so they must be doing something...

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

You'd need video evidence, yes, along with an in-game report. Otherwise, I could easily change my name to yours, break the rules while someone else recorded, and then send in a video to get you banned. Or I could file false reports in-game without any proof and get you banned.

Thing is, you are not notified when someone you reported gets banned, which makes some people think that reports don't work.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806

Last I checked, you need a video recording of the offense and attach it to a support ticket on the website.

No, the report system does nothing in game. However, they do check the "Did you have fun?" 0-5 ratings. They said this in a stream but I cannot remember which.

What they do with that info, who knows.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)
    Gay Myers (Luzi) Member Posts: 4,427

Like it has been said before, you do need to make a in-game report and depending on the offense, also send in video evidence. You can read here for more information: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/kb/articles/139-game-rules

In-game reports are mandatory though, without them, a case can't be looked into. There is no feedback about reports, any actions are kept private and not everything shows on the profile (e.g. Steam shows a game-ban, but softbans won't show up).

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61
This discussion has been closed.