Taking The Good With The Bad!!!

I have seen a lot of negativity lately toward the game. Yes a lot of this patch was messy and the cosmetics for leon and Jill are just clothing. There are many other things I see people mad about and rightfully so. But what other game has all of these ICONIC characters jam packed into such an awesome game of cat and mouse? Where else can you stalk people as Mikey Terrorize peoples dreams with Freddy, Mow people down with Bubba.... I can go on and on and on but seriously guys this is the ONLY game of its kind and while its not how you want it to be exactly it is still THE BEST game I have ever played. No matter how frustrated I get at this game I thank EACH AND EVERY developer that has EVER worked on this game and I appreciate them for it. Can't we all just see passed the temporary nonsense and just enjoy the game!!

Comments

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

You inspired me to me play bubba basement with insidious. Thank you. I finally have the gut to do it.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
  • BingBongMan
    BingBongMan Member Posts: 631

It would be nice if there were good to take the bad with.

Lately the devs have been completely ignoring key issues and community feedback. For one, optimization sucks, for another the recent chapters have been underwhelming.

Plus essentially every chapter so far has been jam packed with bugs. Some impacting major aspects of gameplay. If it were to only happen every now and then, it would won't be such a problem. But it happens nearly every chapter release.

As I see it the devs deserve the harsh criticism they're receiving.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

Every Chapter EVER has been jam packed with bugs. I feel they DO listen to the community and Do a lot for us. And at the end of the day this is the ONLY game of its kind. name a game where we get all these beautiful creations. Bugs.... they'll be fixed eventually as always. I just feel like a lot of the community is over reacting as this has been the case since i have joined this community.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

You're right, now let us give thanks to the dbd gods in this time of need & turbulence.

Thank you dbd gods for giving me that gorgeous greek Goddess feng min skin, now please give her an Egyptian Goddess skin with a golden eye of horus. Thanks.

Also give Kennedy a speedo skin, Felix too, also David & the rest.

Oh yeah, also thank you for not cursing me with the issues that so many people are experiencing, # blessed.

That's me, your turn.

• ill_Boston_lli

Do you expect perfection? I don't understand what the big issue here is. You don't have to play it if you are THAT unhappy with it. All I am trying to say is enjoy it most of the bugs are minor and don't kill the game. Embrace the madness and have fun is all.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,140

I thanked BHVR when they added the EGC.

I thanked Nintendo when they gave the ability to hide the camera UI in Animal Crossing.

I've thanked Techland for continuing to do regular events in Dying Light.

I'm not going to randomly thank this game for existing, though. I gave money to the game for its existence so I could play it. And what has happened to all the money I've put into DbD? Well, it certainly hasn't been used to improve my console experience, despite the promise that console optimization was coming. The problems with this game have been far from temporary; instead, their number just seems to be growing, and while BHVR fixes some problems others continue on forever.

It doesn't really matter what characters they've put into the game when the game doesn't run properly. A great idea executed poorly is a poor creation, that's the truth of it. Anyone can have a great idea: it's making it work that's the important part.

They have my money for what the game is. They get thanks (and more money) when the game gets better.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

The bugs don't kill the game for you. Lots of console players will beg to differ, which is why the DC penalty has been disabled.

People have every right to complain, as much as they want, about a product that they spent their hard earned money on. Especially when the developers promised optimization and have failed to deliver after years of waiting. I would be worried if people stopped complaining if I were the devs, it would mean that people just don't care about the game and have moved on.

• ill_Boston_lli

I dont mind the complaining about the bugs. Its about the little things I have seen. People have gotten super complacent and don't realize this is a blessing of a game.

ps.... I'm on console

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

This is a video game, it is anything but a blessing.

Doesn't matter what they complain about, bugs, mechanics, killers, perks, or even skin tone, the purpose of the forums are for the customers to voice their concerns. If people didn't complain, nothing would improve.

• ill_Boston_lli

Out of 10 games honestly how many times do you encounter a game breaking bug?

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

The real problem is: It's not the first time, and not the last for sure.

• Drekathar
    Drekathar Member Posts: 61

sure, the game is awesome in the beginning but the more you play it the more it's a diminishing return. The concept is awesome but the reality is that as a killer you have to sweat your donkey off and have the mental fortitude to ignore the bullying and blunt unfairness of the system itself while as a survivor you just have to swallow whatever comes your way and be at the mercy of the mood of the killer or your teammates. Sure there are some good games but the more you play the more you hate this game. It's like a bad marriage; it's all romance in the beginning and you feel like you've met your soulmate until you get to really know them and you realise you were just projecting on to them and they're actually a ######### person but you still love them and you've invested too much to just call it quits. Give it some time..the reality will seep in eventually.

• ill_Boston_lli

Where in my post does it say you cant do that? I am simply saying cut these guys some slack.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

If we count crappy optimization that causes FPS drops/screen freezes at the worst time possible then i would say 10/10

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

I just want my game to run. It all went downhill after a Binding of Kin.