Hex ruin

i'm so tired of hex ruin! it ruins the whole game when the whole team is running around and looking for the totem and no one can find it. It almost always ends with everyone dying and no engine has started. really hope this is fixed in future update!!! Otherwise i think i will stop playing this game -_- What are your thaughts about hex ruin?

Comments

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

@Orion said:
    What needs to be fixed, exactly? Just hit the great skill checks.

Or use perks like Stake Out. Hex: Ruin can be countered by perks too.

• The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

@Orion said:
    Of course it can, but Survivors don't want to deviate from their stale meta, even when it's for perks that they asked for (e.g.: Kindred).

I agree with you.
    Perks are their to cover your weakness or to go against some meta things. If someone doesn't want to do that, then it's their own fault.

• zacmangaming
    zacmangaming Member Posts: 103

@General92 said:
    i'm so tired of hex ruin! it ruins the whole game when the whole team is running around and looking for the totem and no one can find it. It almost always ends with everyone dying and no engine has started. really hope this is fixed in future update!!! Otherwise i think i will stop playing this game -_- What are your thaughts about hex ruin?

Also can't help but notice that withing the 12 minutes of your account existing that you've already made a "Plz Nerf" post. Too much of a ######### to post it on your main account because you want to save face?

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@General92 said:

You can power through ruin, just fyi,
    If you dont like playing vs ruin, then maybe switch to killer but i can warn you since its a lot more frustrating than playing vs ruin :smile:

• Youkari
    Youkari Member Posts: 53

Hex ruin is actually one of mediocre perks and only useful cuz of scrubs like u. But instead of shoving my superiority onto u and leaving at that, i'll teach u the best ways dealing with ruin; first and best, learn hitting the great skillchecks. admittedly... it can be easier said than actually done especially on consoles as framerate seems bit inconsistent, but if u dedicate urself into it u'll power through ruin like it's nonexistent. and the best side if there's no ruin anymore or at all u get more points and progress with that. second: just hit skillchecks as normal and then stop repairing till it stops sparking then continue. It happens alot while ruin is active there can be just a few skillchecks popping up making ruin kinda obsolete. only thing u need to watch out with this strategy: always work alone. once a fellow survivor shows up the rate of skillchecks doubles while both suffer from each other 'fails' so if u see one repairing leave him alone and continue searching and if u work and one joins go and leave and start searching. works for me. and ofc third option would be finding and cleansing the totem but u need to know the spawn points to not waste time. also the perk 'small game' i assume it's called gives u notification if u look in the direction of a totem helping u somewhat. that's all it is to ruin. if it not get destroyed within 30seconds after matchstart anyway cuz either u or spawns right next to it... or shines in the bright open... coldwindfarmcough to be honest, we killer mains have more reason to complain about how are gens are done too fast or hexes are useless as they're not last long at all. so after providing u my experience and acting as a senior player of this game, i can tell u my pure thought on this thread; GIT GUT! we all had to. why should u out of all people get the easy treatment. the chief spoke, signing out...

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited December 2018

@General92

I feel like, if you want to have a case against hex ruin you should argue about how Hex: Ruin targets predominantly players against whom it's least needed, whereas better players can work through it.

You should accept that Hex: Ruin will slow the game down just a little bit, but take that opportunity to ask for a way to make Hex: Ruin a more consistent perk, meaning less workarounds (great skillchecks) and more consistent delays. (no overdose of skillchecks/underdose) etc

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Small Game, Stake out, This is not Happening.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Adding to what people have said, Detectives hunch is also kinda useful, through it requires a gen be done.

Also you get less skill checks with more people on a single gen.

I wish my Ruin worked as well as your complaint. That's called working as intended.
  • Oooooof
    Oooooof Member Posts: 109

Why is there so many salty killers and survivors? There are OP killer perks and OP survivor perks, live with it or quit the game :)

• ThirdSealOPplzNerf
    ThirdSealOPplzNerf Member Posts: 360

@General92 said:

Another salty rank 21 survivor crying for killer nerfs...I almost never play survivor and if there's a ruin I find it with ease so how about get good at the game?

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

oh ok

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@General92 said:

I am so tired of Self-Care! It ruins the whole game when the whole survivor team is running around and healing themselves without any help! It almost always ends in everyone healing up and everyone escaping. Really hope this get fixed in a future update!!! Otherwise I think will stop playing this game -_-

Two people can play that game.

• milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    I admit some games the totem may never be found and despite popular belief a great skill check is hard to hit everytime even for rank 1 survivors but small game, detectives hunch, and gen tapping are all counters to it. As much as the perk is a nuisance it's not anything that needs to be nerfed.

If your totem is found right away then put on Thrill of the hunt or haunted ground as your counter. That way you either tell it's been found or theres a chance theyll be one shot by destroying it.
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    milo77727 said:
    I admit some games the totem may never be found and despite popular belief a great skill check is hard to hit everytime even for rank 1 survivors but small game, detectives hunch, and gen tapping are all counters to it. As much as the perk is a nuisance it's not anything that needs to be nerfed.

If your totem is found right away then put on Thrill of the hunt or haunted ground as your counter. That way you either tell it's been found or theres a chance theyll be one shot by destroying it.
    Meh, rank means nothing as far as I can see. Decent survivors would hit that fairly easily. I'm not that good of a player and still hit most of them.. so yeah..

Hexes still a gamble, one of the reasons I dont take anyone rn. Thrill of the hunt wontw help much either, the only thing to do is make totem spawns at least fairly hid, not in the open or hills or even next to gens
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    General92 said:
    Its not broken, you just have to either hit the great skill checks or stop repairing for 3 secs if you hit the normal skill check.

I personally dont even bother in finding the totem because everyone runs that perk. I just do gens and if I find the totem its just luck and not me looking for it.
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Malakir said:
    milo77727 said:

Meh, rank means nothing as far as I can see. Decent survivors would hit that fairly easily. I'm not that good of a player and still hit most of them.. so yeah..

Hexes still a gamble, one of the reasons I dont take anyone rn. Thrill of the hunt wontw help much either, the only thing to do is make totem spawns at least fairly hid, not in the open or hills or even next to gens
    Thrill of the Hunt is pretty strong in characters like Trapper, Billy, Nurse and Spirit tho.