Buff Doctor's Base Shock Therapy Range

aarongai
aarongai Member Posts: 155
edited December 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
It's a fair buff for the nerf he got (Nurse's Calling no longer reveals Survivors snapping out of it) but also is just a quality of life change. His shock therapy's range is so short that running a range add-on often feels mandatory.

Shock Therapy also isn't a damaging attack like Huntress hatchets, and only helps shorten chases in specific scenarios, unlike Clown's tonic where he can gas a Survivor at anytime and have a massive impact on their speed / vision. Doctor also slows down while being in treatment mode and takes time swapping stances. His chases generally take longer than most other killers as well since he wants the Survivor to reach Madness 3.

So I think increasing shock therapy's range by 25% is a reasonable buff and might help him become more viable in higher rank play.

Comments

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Range would be nice. Personally I'd like to see it widened a bit. Most annoying thing for me is being able to see a survivor but they are just outside its edge.
  • The_Daydreamer
    The_Daydreamer Member Posts: 735

I would like to see that too, but that's not all. I wish that they gonna make the shockstatus faster. With that I mean: If you hold M1 and send the shock, if they stand their they gonna immediately shocked and not after 1 sec or whatever that is. Cause It's kinda annoying that It's effect the survivor after a short time.
    And I would like to have Add-Ons that effect the chargetime in a positive way, so you can use it better against windows or pallets.

• milo77727
    milo77727 Member Posts: 44
    Then range addons would need a nerf. I agree with the widen the range though.
    Instead make you continue to go crazy when in a locker which is a common tactic I see survivors use to avoid it.
  • aarongai
    aarongai Member Posts: 155

@The_Daydreamer said:
    I wish that they gonna make the shockstatus faster. With that I mean: If you hold M1 and send the shock, if they stand their they gonna immediately shocked and not after 1 sec or whatever that is. Cause It's kinda annoying that It's effect the survivor after a short time.

Actually I like this guy's suggestion more than my own. There's a really stupid delay after releasing a shock that doesn't feel natural at all. Like you'll see the electricity on the ground, but only 1 second after it appears will it actually shock a survivor. If BHVR removed the delay or cut it in half, that would make timing shocks much easier.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2018

Definitely. He could use this buff, along with a buff to his movement speed while in treatment and a shortened/removed delay. As of right now, the base shock therapy range is way too small and it's way too hard to hit someone with it without being right on top of them.

Post edited by SnakeSound222 on
  • Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Why no better optimize that laggy killer?..