Dont be this guy

Shadow_Master953
Shadow_Master953 Member Posts: 24
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

So this player who played as well as im sure he could considering Nemesis is still pretty new. Game didnt go so well for him. He got two hooks on Mothers Dwelling (we all know thats not a fun map for killer because of size) and instead of being a good sport about it, he gets mad about it in chat saying we should "end our life" and "go die" things like that (Ill include screen shots if it lets me)

Point is, if the game goes bad, if things dont go your way, especially if the odds are stacked against you, don't be that guy. It's not okay. It surprises me as far as society has come, that is still something that needs to be said. It's sad to see and I hope this can help raise awareness towards this behavior and we can help end it.

Also if it helps, I do have this guys steam id but im not sure where to send it or if BHVR even has a system where they can warn him or something... I did report it in game but of course where does that ever go

EDIT: If the images are needed, ill find a way to change them so the names dont show. I should have been aware of the rule for no names, and Ill take fault for that and I would like to apologize....

Comments

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

Yeah, I would recommend you censor these images, preferably by blurring the names, this could contribute to name and shame. I actually think there's clear rules against these kinds of uncensored images.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

My wanna edit out those names.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178
    edited June 2021

Just a FYI, Naming & Shaming (even when it is CRYSTAL CLEAR they were naughty) is against the forum rules

For #2, for this kind of abuse, just submitting a report in-game is enough to my knowledge (if it were gameplay, you'd have to submit a ticket to give them video evidence but it is my understanding that the text is kept on BHVRs records so they can see it)

EDIT: If you did not submit the report in game, I don't know if reporting them would work but...

You can submit a report here if you did not submit an in-game report

• Shadow_Master953

Ill admit I probably should have known considering... but i legit didnt know. Thanks for the heads up. Ill edit asap... woops

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,017
    edited June 2021

Yeah... even if it's not as common, killers can be bad sports in the endgame chat as well.

(The reason why it's less likely is because you get 4 survivors per game and 1 killer per game, so you have a 25% chance of a survivor being toxic during postgame chat in one game, while you have a 6.25% chance of a toxic killer during postgame in one game.)

• Shadow_Master953

Yeah I just removed the images. Idk how to edit them atm. thanks for the warning. I swear this isnt out of negative intent

• OopsAllHexes
    OopsAllHexes Member Posts: 624

Yeah, judging by these replies, I was correct. I'd expect this topic to get deleted, possibly. Sorry about that.

In regards to the topic, I wanted to try and say something more unusual and add that I feel like I could sympathize with them. They probably had a very frustrating game where they felt very powerless, judging by their lower score. I'm also willing to guess it was a 4 to 5 minute genrush game as well with very few hooks from the Killer, judging by the lower score of every player and how there was a 4 man escape.

This is definitely report-worthy but my heart goes out to this poor man. This game is really rage-inducing...

• Shadow_Master953

Thanks for bringing that up. I honestly do appreciate it. It should have been something obvious to me but I guess I was too sucked up in the whole issue itself. Its not an excuse of course. I changed the post though. Hopefully its enough to be okay?

• Shadow_Master953

Oh dont get me wrong, I do sympathize with that element but the idea of telling someone to kill themselves over a game? Idk it seems rotten to me

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Online games (and games in general) make ppl do dumb things out of rage (i've gotten a few messages like that)

@Shadow_Master953 Did he apologize (Just wondering)?

Some ppl will go off in rage then settle down and apologize (I have)

• Shadow_Master953
    edited June 2021

he did not. Either way, if the go to thing to say is "end your life" there is a lot more needed than a simple "Im sorry"

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Yea I know... "I'm sorry" would've been the first thing

But that sucks... Sorry to hear that

• drpynz
    drpynz Member Posts: 247

I don't feel this is new at all. I would say in at least 25% of my games i am told to DIAF, kill myself, im trash, my parents are tramps and trash and I am worth nothing. This is normal behavior for Dead By Daylight in my opinion. If i posted a screenshot every time I was told to die or someone threatening to ######### my parents ( which is pretty obscene since they are in their late 70's ) this site would run out of disk space.

Reporting doesn't do any good. People make new accounts all the time and at the same time from what people have told me after I have reported them is they somehow do a ban evasion.

IMO i would turn chat off if it bothers you or if it doesn't wish them a good day, give them a GG <3 and maybe it will brighten their day :)

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360
    edited June 2021

i get tired of sore winners and losers as killer more than anything else. i dont get upset as survivor, i have over 2.5k hours. have some sportsmanship people. its a video game...

• Fog_King
    Fog_King Member Posts: 688

There is no scenario, because of a videogame, where people should ever say to others that they want them dead or for them to end their lives. Period. If you can't deal with a loss in a videogame and have to say something that nasty, stop playing it. People can be immature and be salty, but this is another level and they don't know the effect it may have on the people receiving that much hate.

• VonCrow
    VonCrow Member Posts: 389

I understand that the name shaming rule is there to prevent people bullying others on the forums (we have enough being bullied ingame).

But a person that does this kinda things should be exposed, imo. I highly doubt that ingame reports/internal forum reports have consequences.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Postgame chat isn't hard to fake. You beat me in a match, I change my steam username to yours and say a load of vile stuff to myself in the survivor pre-lobby, screenshot it and post it here for a witchhunt. That sort of thing would happen.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

The killer told people to kill themselves and all of you are talking about the naming and shaming rule?