The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Myers 2 epic addons = OP

Dear Developers I just was in a match with a Mike Myers killer that had both pink (Epic) addons which starts him of at rank 2 of his ability all he did was stalk not get involved in the match at all ie not chasing , not kicking Gens nothing at all,

Gets to rank 3 which with the addons selected keeps him permanently on that rank.

And then proceeded to mori the whole team with just downing us once , not sure about anybody else in the DbD community but kinda not fun to de-pip due to not being able to do Survivor mechanics like Unhooking , Healing teammates at all

Clearly a Overpowered spec for this killer

I know there are people that will say just don't get caught by him... but the Game mechanics are eventually the killer is going to catch up to the survivors and hit / down them  

Comments

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

Why would people ever defend this add on? It’s clearly op and needs a change.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    1. Myers is not strong killer, so you can defeat him so easy.
    2. This add-ons strong but smart survivors can make stalk so hard. And you can finish all generators and open gates before he gets power.
    3. Entity does not like this but Myers is real devil and even Entity can not control him. So this add-ons supporting him lore.

I am sorry for saying this but this is seriously get good case. When i see Myers, i know game is going to be easy. And if he is using infinite add-ons, that's mean he will stalk sooo slow. Game is more easy.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,290

I could actually agree with this - Granted I wouldn't change it aside from giving it either a more obvious tell or shortening the duration slightly or only allowing one kill per game.

The Pink Tombstone is balanced because you'll never get EW3 because of how slow you are unless you use PWYF.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

The full Tombstone? It's not even close to being OP. 9% slower movement speed at the beginning with no pwyf and getting all 3 stacks can be a pain, takes an eternity to stalk since you'll be running it with tuft of hair. The gens should be almost done before he even gets CLOSE to tier 3, if you don't that's on you and your teammates (you could make an argument about losing purely because your teammates suck but that's more just Myers and similar killers in general and not only about Tombstone).

If you were talking about Tombstone Piece I'd agree with you, that add-on is actually broken, but the full Tombstone is fine balance-wise.

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    edited June 2021

Its quite literally the opposite of OP, I'd choose addon-less myers over this joke of a combo any day.

Post edited by TripleSteal on
  • Ferr0r
    Ferr0r Member Posts: 10

These add ons are not OP.

Just freakin boring to play against. And thats where the developers schould do something about. You spent +-10 to 15 min for finding lobby, loading game and play that game and it is not worth my time. It just makes me alt f4 and play something else that is worth my 15 min gaming time.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201
    edited June 2021

OP, no disrespect.

Do you know how arrogant you have to be to let him stalk all 4 of you to finally get EW3? I mean really. If you let that happen, you deserve to die. No nerfing necessary, good on the killer. I've played the shape enough to know how long it takes to get EW3 with those add ons, and I also know that survivors routinely underestimate the shape when they play against him. He's slow, has no map pressure, and you should have at least one gate powered by the time he hits EW3 in the scenario you mentioned. I'm sure people already said this, but your post is NONSENSE. It just means you need to improve. Killers don't need to be neutered, you need to actually engage in some cognitive activity when you play survivor in order to prevent what happened to you.

I mean... He is AWFUL with those add ons lol. I can't believe you even posted this. 😂

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

It requires Michael to reach blood lust level 2 or PWRF at max stacks to even have normal movement speed with it due to how severe the movement speed penalty is.

You can just force a grab by jumping into a locker to prevent the tier 3 instant kill.

Finally it realistically requires stalking nearly all stalk from all survivors(Or literally every single last drop from 3 survivors) so you do have a say if it even goes off.

In realistic games he has to get around to you eventually to reach tier 3; Unlike the tombstone piece where he can easily 99% it on your teammate then mori you for your team's mistakes.

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

Judiths makes you slower all match, while allowing you to mori. infinite tier 3 takes all game to achieve.

tombstone piece is far more game changing and your concerned with the pink addons?

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 360

I just realized you said everything I wanted to say. gj.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited June 2021

Edit: I was wrong, achievements can be changed if they become impossible

They can't, consoles are strict about that stuff. It's why when they nerfed nurse there still had to be a way to use 3 blinks, when they nerf keys they'll still have to be able to allow all four survivors escape the trial with it, if they wanted to nerf huntress they could do pretty much whatever they wanted but except reduce her range that much because 24+ metre hits still have to be possible, all because of achievements. Even if they could change them, a lot of them are difficult and/or time consuming and people who went for them won't be impressed.

Post edited by Aneurysm on
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited June 2021

Do we actually have a source for this? I've heard people say this, but I find it hard to believe that the devs would not be allowed to change the achievement on a particular platform if they make it outright unobtainable for one reason or another.

Post edited by TAG on
  • DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Myers is a weak killer

These 2 addons make him a 110% speed killer with nothing to compensate

He has to spend such a large amount of time stalking to get to T3 that he is guaranteed to lose 3 gens or more

Once in T3 he is literally just a 110% speed killer with no chasing power

If you want advice playing against this build, then I suggest trying to look behind you as much as possible and make sure you're breaking line of sight, making sure you're spread out from other players, and doing gens. That's it. If you think this build is OP then I doubt you play against Myers or use him much at all.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

Infinite T3? I can agree is probably a little too powerful.

Judith's Tombstone is complete garbage.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,133

This is wrong.

Sony is a pain in the ass about achievements, and about the only way one can be changed its if it literally becomes impossible. That is why on PS4 Skilled Huntress still requires 100 downs. But when Legion was changed one of his achievements was changed too because it was no longer possible with the way his power had been updated.

• DBK1
    DBK1 Member Posts: 66

I encountered that same guy and thought it was hilarious. Hope he keeps doing it. (survivor main)

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

The mikey rule, if theres no injuries by the time a gen pops, assume its infinite miers and do everything you can to avoid stalking.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Ah okay, thanks for correcting me. Was the old achievement downing them *with* legions power then?

• Dennis_van_eijk
    Dennis_van_eijk Member Posts: 1,704

Far from OP as it takes ages to get to tier 3, so don't feed him to much and the match can be over without him reaching tier 3.

Should he get to tier 3 and he's chasing you all you have to do is jump in a locker and he can't kill you.

Also with those add ons he's slow AF meaning he takes a long time to get to you, and what do you do when he gets to you?

You use pallets, windows or as i said earlier jump into a locker.

But the main thing is to never feed myers to much stalk.

• Kwikwitted
    Kwikwitted Member Posts: 641

OP's clearly running into certain meme builds for the first time and thinks they're OP. That's funny.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,133

Pretty much, but it was a little more specific:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/34936/deranged-pursuit-not-bugged-tested-and-confirmed

I'm so glad I didn't bother going for the achievement before he was changed.