Really disgusted

Undeadhoosier
Undeadhoosier Member Posts: 9
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

Level 20 killer. I wait ten minutes to get a match and can’t even find a survivor much less hook one. The killers move so slowly by the time you make it once around the map four generators are done. Wish I could get my money back for this [BAD WORD] game.

Comments

• Weasdat
    Weasdat Member Posts: 143

Get really good with nurse.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

mmmmmmmmm how many of these are we going to get today

• Joshwuhhh
    Joshwuhhh Member Posts: 17

If you just bought the game maybe you should practice more Killers really do have the upper hand in this game. Once you unlock more perks or try a different killer you’ll understand the flow of the game and what to look out for.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

This is a lesson to people.

Before buying a game, do some research first. Watch a few Twitch/YouTube videos and see if it is the sort of game you'd like.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

I'd recommend watching some killer streamers to get info on how to play

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Youre new, youll get better. Give it time.

As for the que time, youre new, its trying to find new players for you to play with. After r16 que times are much faster.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Thats a good point. @Undeadhoosier what killer are you playing? Wraith is a good start for learning the base mechanics. Youll sneak up on newbies, will make it easier to find people and youll start learning how to loop

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I recommend you buy Plague and unlock Corrupt Intervention, one of her teachable perks. It will be your best friend.

You could also buy Blight and utilize his great mobility, or Nemesis for his perk Lethal Pursuer.

My final advice is to learn the maps. Learning the maps and even playing survivor yourself and help you find survivors early on much more easily.

• Undeadhoosier

I am a nurse. I don’t want to play one in a video game.

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Not really survivors have the upper hand. And always will since it's 4 brains (supposedly) vs 1. But good luck for the stress that happens to a lot of people who play that role, it usually happens when one starts playing vs competent survivors.

• Undeadhoosier

So I finally had two players ready to put on a hook and they disconnected. I needed a kill not a “quitter” bonus. Their punishment? They can’t play for 3 minutes. Wow.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

The time accumulates drastically however. I remember my friend crashed twice in one day. First was 3 minutes, second was 15 minutes, so it builds up like crazy

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Also, do you play on PC or console? If you're on PS4, I can teach you some tricks if you'd like

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

You picked a bad time to start playing. DC penalties are off, and the current matchmaking (hopefully soon to be gone for good) likes pairing new killers with experienced survivors. I'd give it a while and come back.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

if you think killers move slowly through the map, get Blight. He's the killer with the best mobility in the game, and probably the 3rd best killer in the game. You will have to spend a lot of time learning what he bounces on and what he slides off, but once you do you will be able to have a chance against any survivor team unless they vastly outskill you.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,822

I think this is good advice in general, but bad advice for DBD. The gameplay experience is really, really different if you have 5K hours vs 5. If you watch streamers, you come away with the idea that the game is pretty easy and relaxed, but you don't realize that that's because the streamers are among the top 2% of players, and it's virtually impossible to bully them, and they have such an advantage over most people they vs that they can afford to mess around and do silly things. If you're in the bottom 50% of players -- which is half of all players -- it's a totally different thing, especially when the matchmaking feeds you to people in the top 2%.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Woah, relax. If you’re new to the game you can’t expect to just magically be competent straight away.

I will say that I’m sure you expect it to be fun, and I sympathise that your first game wasn’t fun at all.

So, have you done the tutorials for the free BP you can invest into levelling up a killer?

Do the bot match a few times. Learn to notice when crows have been disturbed in the distance.

When you’ve unlocked the perks either Whispers, Spies From The Shadows, or Bitter Murmur, equip one of those, as they will help you find survivors.

Playing killer isn’t for everyone, and the hunting part can be hard. But if you stick with it you’ll get better at noticing, and hearing where survivors are going or hiding.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I mean more in terms of the type of game it is. I do agree that it will give you a false sense of how the game is played at different ranks but at least you see the gameplay.

Maybe I'm just ultra safe but if I'm buying a multiplayer game it's one that I've watched a decent bit of before so I don't waste my money.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

The games terrible for new players especially new killers. Imo survivors dont need perks to escape but killers need perks to win.

I'd say try Corrupt and Lethal Pursuer as a new player but getting the perks you need isnt easy in this game. A lot of grinding to be done for you to get a somewhat decent build.

Good luck.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,122

I also hate when survivors are immersed and rush gens instead of loop well and rush gens. If you're playing a 110% killer or Nurse, that's why you feel slow. Or if you're readying the killer's power and/or cancelling it a lot. But just in general, since the freezes started, it feels like there's micro-freezes maybe that stop you from catching up as quick as you should (this could be in my head though). If you're waiting 10 minutes for a killer match though, switch to survivor to see if it's faster, or play at a different time of day and see if it's faster, or surf the Internet on your phone while you're waiting to get into a lobby.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

If you want easy matches, you should play survivor then, on the killers side The Doctor has left a message for you:

• Kryatin
    Kryatin Member Posts: 21

Thank you for offering nothing constructive to the thread. Honestly, truly, I was waiting for somebody to come in and post that image.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

Its expected as this image is the most accurate and useful answear anyone can give to MOST topics on this forum.

• Kryatin
    Kryatin Member Posts: 21

OP, I would recommend that you play a bit of survivor.

I play more killer, and while it is undeniably more stressful, I think it's more rewarding. Survivor is usually a very chill experience, and killer is the more buckle-up role.

Your matches will get better with time. I'm approaching my first 1,000 hours, I can definitely tell you that the game gets better. I complain about this game to my friends (who also play it) all the time; it really is in kind of a ######### state for the past three chapters, especially as of recently.

However, the laughs I've had while playing keep me coming back. My only recommendation is to change your mindset, while you're still learning, to that of chase-focus; get better at chase first, then focus on balancing chase time and patrol time. If you focus less on getting kills, and treat every game as a learning experience, it's very tolerable. I know it sounds stupid, but just take it one match at a time.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201

As everyone said, please keep playing. Don't focus on "winning", getting 4 kills per game. Focus on mechanics. Learning maps, as has been mentioned. Grinding to get perks for certain builds. When I bought this game in February, it was not a great experience lol. I experienced what you experienced. Change your focus and build up your skills, and the game will be mm ore enjoyable.