The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Trickster is just laughably bad

Zero map pressure

No snowball potential unless a whole team stands still and you main event

Said main event power is absolute garbage

Minimal downing power against survivors with over 100 hours in the game

No anti-loop

Slow as balls

Aiming is kind of jank

Laceration decays by itself, not even one of the worst killers, Legion, has something this dumb

Terror radius is a worse version than huntress

His perks have no synergy with his power, making adept honestly harder than Plague's

Why does this stupid killer exist? Was this on the backburner since 2017 as a side show to Huntress and they decided to reveal it before RE so it'll be easily forgotten? He's so bad, even 'mains' of this killer can hardly do anything against strong solos.

Comments

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

The only issue he has is the time to down a survivor is way too high. Once his chase gets fixed, in any way they see fit, all the other problems get corrected.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

You're probably right, but as it stands, he is incapable of compensating for any shortcoming with his current power. And merely 'buffing' it may cause bigger problems. But his only redeeming quality is the chase aspect, and it is mind bogglingly awful as it is that I simply don't understand how this killer can be released after the previous batch of, honestly, good killers despite some of them not being to everyone's taste.

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806
    edited June 2021

Against good survivors, yeah he's pretty weak. But the same could be said about literally every other Killer cept Nurse/Spirit.

Yes, Trickster needs some love but he's not unplayable. You need to use his best add ons as well, which are the Cut Thru U Album and Ricochet blades. Indoor maps make these addons very deadly. Other good add ons are the melodious murder and the Whispers of Warmth album.

One Killer needs to be the worst.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021

I've stopped trying to get him buffed, the devs clearly don't give a damn about him. It's obvious that he'll be just another killer condemned to be forgotten and only talked about whenever a new cosmetic is released. I guess all we can do is wait for his rework in 2-3 years.

• Røøkë
    Røøkë Member Posts: 36

Trickster definitely needs some help, but I don't believe it's as bad as some people think. Here are my proposed changes:

-Decrease the amount of blades needed to take a health state from 8 to 7

-If Main Event is not activated, half of the event meter is refunded

-Increase movement speed when blades are out to 3.95->3.70 (up from 3.86->3.68, Caged Heart Shoes & Killing Part Chords would need to be reworked to have a new effect to compensate)

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699

No hes not. Trickster isnt bad at all

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

He's the worst killer right now no exaggeration. Clown and legion are way better than him.

Unfortunately he's not going to be buffed for an extreme amount of time because the devs just gave him some buffs even though it wasn't enough.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531

Ehhh, he's bad, but not the worst killer in the game.

In the right hands, I'd say he's like a low-mid tier.

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699

I main killer and I play Clown and Legion, they are not that much better than Trickster! Trickster, Trapper, Clown and Legion are all B+ or at worst i'll put Trickster B. Why do people think this killer isnt viable when he is. There is not one killer in dbd thats terrible or even bad, i dont understand this line of thinking

• WiiFitTrainer
    WiiFitTrainer Member Posts: 788

His list of issues have been stated repeatedly in this thread and others.

The biggest one is that he turns into a 110% m1 killer around any structures which destroys his pressure.

Clown atleast has the potential to either get faster hits or good pallets down fast.

Legion can atleast keep people injured for most of the game resulting in game delay if they heal or forces them to waste more good pallets and play safer if uninjured.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

To be fair, we don't know what to expect out of the midchapter. Now, if the devs don't think he needs urgent attention and needs more work than other killers (save Trapper and maybe Myers), then I don't know what they're smoking. Since he probably doesn't go under the pub stomper category, I'd imagine he'd underperform even on the casual level, so they'll probably realize pretty quickly that he needs major buffs. They were way too scared when designing him. The fact that he'll take almost as long as a fully charged Huntress hatchet to deal a damage state (if he's perfectly accurate with random recoil lol) is just abysmal. No zoning potential and the inability to punish animation locks in a reasonable time frame just destroys him.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,014

Legion is quite debatable but Clown nahhh.

Trickster is not the worst killer in my opinion, I put him in the C-tier on my list. But he's no way in hell better than Clown. Clown has anti-loop and W meta counter, two important tools for excellent chase power. Trickster's power is best for deadzones, open areas, and low-wall loops. Unfortunately he's hard countered by avoiding low-wall loops. Both of them are killers with no mobility, except Clown has better chase and a much more consistent power.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

They lie about long term stuff, but they said in the livestream that he'll get some adjustments in the mid chapter which only like a month and a half away. So all we can do is pray.

• MarcoPoloYolo
    MarcoPoloYolo Member Posts: 508

I disagree, and allow me to elaborate.

Clown can pretty much guarantee hits outside of redropped pallets, and as long as the loop isn't gigantic, he can make the loop playable with the yellow bottle. Not to mention he can catch up to survivors a bit faster than other killers.

Legion gives large amounts of in-kit info, and has slowdown, which works fairly well for running something like 2 slowdown and 2 chase perks. (enduring and bamboozle in particular).

Trickster, on the other hand, is anemic on even somewhat competent survivors. For some perspective, play Huntress, and only go for fully charged shots with the restriction that you can't crossmap. Now pretend that the survivors can go break LOS without fear as long as they're not exposed for the entirety of the hatchet charging. It's abysmal. He lacks every element that makes ranged killers good, while having the full ranged killer drawbacks. He's pretty much like the ranged equivalent to pre buff Letherface. Only good for punishing altruism, and you're going to have a bad time getting to the position to where you can punish altruism.

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

you forgot 40m lullaby

• Lord_Tony
    Lord_Tony Member Posts: 2,109

if trickster is not viable at all with literally 0 perks then he's a terrible killer.

spirit can wreck red ranks with no spirits and so can other top tier killers.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800

You basically perfectly summed up my exact thoughts on this topic. Not only that you explained yourself quite well.

I really hope some changes comes to trickster because he has soooo much going against him sadly.

Off topic.....but mind telling me your legion build? You mention bamboozle and enduring which I've used both before but usually not in the same build for whatever reason, also two slowdowns so yeah what do you run?..obligatory build with bbq as well?

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

Sorry but. Trickster is still F tier.

He will Remain in said F tier until more buffs are on his way,

Until then. He is the shittiest killer. only behind him is Ghostface,

• Piruluk
    Piruluk Member Posts: 995

Trickster, Trapper, Legion, Clown all of them F tier material.

Especially Trapper and Clown.

Without addons Trapper unplayable while Clown dont have power right now due bugs.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Just git gud noob killa. Pressure those gens. Or git looped on every unsafe loop by pro gamers who can hold and press buttons.