I do not agree with the "NERF to the DOCTOR"

Options
Th3Nightmare
Th3Nightmare Member Posts: 1,265
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

After a long time and after his rework the "Snap" mode was established as a method of healing by the rework that was done to him and currently helps the doctor to be in a good place thanks to nurse calling to catch the unsuspecting survivors, but ... Now I see that the devs say that the modes of "Snap" "Wake-up" "mend" are not healing methods, you have put a great nerf to the doctor.

I think that it is not necessary to do that to the doctor ... actually since you have not considered the way of "trying" the new killer as a method of healing because you have put all the ways out of the perk of "nurse calling".

Speaking of course, I do not agree with that nerfeo to the doctor, sorry for my English! But .. what do you think?

Source in NEWS: "Changes LEGION"

• Specific actions that are not considered 'Healing' actions, will not be affected by perks that refer to healing.
    Mend, Snap out of it, and Wake up, are no longer considered healing actions, and as such, it will be affected by perks that refer to healing.
Post edited by Th3Nightmare on

Comments

• Th3Nightmare
    Options

@Khalednazari said:
    It's not a nerf. It's a bug fix. Read Nurses Calling description. 

A bug for 1 year?

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    Options

@Th3Nightmare said:

@Khalednazari said:

A bug for 1 year?

There are actually bugs that are that old, but that's usually bugs that put killer at a disadvantage. :P

• Th3Nightmare
    Options

@Khalednazari said:

DOCTOR CUBE:

• Snap Out of It is now considered healing, which makes it track-able by A Nurse's Calling (This was in the patch notes)
  • Th3Nightmare
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Th3Nightmare said:

@Khalednazari said:

A bug for 1 year?

There are actually bugs that are that old, but that's usually bugs that put killer at a disadvantage. :P

DOCTOR CUBE:

Snap Out of It is now considered healing, which makes it track-able by A Nurse's Calling (This was in the patch notes)

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Khalednazari said:

Nope. It was intentional, it was specifically introduced in the Doctor Cube as a way to buff him.

• Th3Nightmare
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Khalednazari said:

DOCTOR CUBE: https://imgur.com/a/Lvjrkpm

• Th3Nightmare
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Wolf74 said:

@Th3Nightmare said:

@Khalednazari said:

A bug for 1 year?

DOCTOR CUBE: https://imgur.com/a/Lvjrkpm

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options
    They probably only did this because too many people were comparing snap out of it to mending, and they don't wanna put nurses calling on mending
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    Kinda off topic: was i the only doctor not running NC?
  • LordGlint
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    No, I only just recently got NC. Still though, even if not using it... The threat of it can change survivor gameplay.
  • Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,970
    Options

@Alther_Primus said:

@Khalednazari said:

Except that they specifically went out of their way to make Snap Out of It a healing action for the purposes of a Nurse's Calling when they put the Doctor Cube together.

This is true.
    (Not that it even made sense even back then but...)

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@LordGlint said:
    Vietfox said:

No, I only just recently got NC. Still though, even if not using it... The threat of it can change survivor gameplay.

Anyone that knew how to play wouldn't try and snap out of it within his terror radius anyways because the skill check windows would be smaller. There was also the fact that all he had to do was get you within his terror radius and you'd probably jump up and scream interrupting it if he's in treatment mode.

I never ran it on him because of those reasons, it wasn't worth the perk slot for the drawbacks.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

It should never have been part of NC anyway. There are already 2 natural means of tracking when in Madness 3. The random screaming and the illusion auras.

• LordGlint
    Options
    powerbats said:

@LordGlint said:
    Vietfox said:

Anyone that knew how to play wouldn't try and snap out of it within his terror radius anyways because the skill check windows would be smaller. There was also the fact that all he had to do was get you within his terror radius and you'd probably jump up and scream interrupting it if he's in treatment mode.

I never ran it on him because of those reasons, it wasn't worth the perk slot for the drawbacks.I'd say it's debateable either way. A survivor freshly in madness 2 isn't going to immediately go back to 3 from static field alone, giving you time to leave. On the other hand, you may feel inclined to snap out of it asap to avoid the random screaming that comes with it.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options
    powerbats said:

@LordGlint said:
    Vietfox said:

I never ran it on him because of those reasons, it wasn't worth the perk slot for the drawbacks.

@powerbats
    Exactly, i had NC on my perk list but i didnt want to use it on my doctor.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

I want all doc mains to run insane and run a protest when this patch goes live.

Run a full slugging build and make survivors DC left and right.
    Otherwise there cant be justice :wink:

• Alther_Primus
    Alther_Primus Member Posts: 158
    Options

@Master said:

Well, I was going to go full facecamp Bubba, but slugging Doc sounds like it might be a fun protest.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

Not having to equip nurses means doctors can switch up their builds. It is a good change.

• LordGlint
    Options
    It was never NEEDED, but now there's no threat of it. That's in no way a good change for doc
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Alther_Primus said:

@Master said:

Well, I was going to go full facecamp Bubba, but slugging Doc sounds like it might be a fun protest.

You can use bubba to protest vs BT :wink:

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options
    Vietfox said:
    I run it sometimes but it is big nerf to him.
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,677
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    Vietfox said:

I think you need to learn what the definition of "big" is. An interaction with a small number of perks that a small number of players use is not a "big" nerf. It is a minor nerf to something that didn't make very much sense to begin with.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388
    Options

@fcc2014 said:
    Vietfox said:

I think you need to learn what the definition of "big" is. An interaction with a small number of perks that a small number of players use is not a "big" nerf. It is a minor nerf to something that didn't make very much sense to begin with.

Yes an aura reading perk that allows the killer to see the survivor snapping out of madness is taken away. I could see how we disagree i didn't eat paint chips as a kid.
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Khalednazari said:

DOCTOR CUBE:

• Snap Out of It is now considered healing, which makes it track-able by A Nurse's Calling (This was in the patch notes)
    Yet it wasn't impacted by Mangled.
    The game has changed. The Doctor has his problems and they should fix them after they finish the sad boy killers, but this change is necessary and inconsequential to Doctor's success.
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Vietfox said:

Personally it's not a must have for me, I mostly use it when doing a sneaky Doc build so I can jump scare survivors while they try to snap out of it. I will miss that a lot :(

• HuN7r3sS
    HuN7r3sS Member Posts: 211
    Options
    Who needs aura reading anything on Doctor? He has built in BBQ&Chili and Deerstalker if you use him correctly
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options
    HuN7r3sS said:
    Who needs aura reading anything on Doctor? He has built in BBQ&Chili and Deerstalker if you use him correctly
    Not exactly his auras andscreams are rng based, the screams being completely negated with calm spirit  and you touch the illusion to remove it 
  • Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

@starkiller1286 said:
    HuN7r3sS said:

Not exactly his auras andscreams are rng based, the screams being completely negated with calm spirit  and you touch the illusion to remove it 

True, but almost no one runs Calm Spirit, even after the buff. And how many people actually know about that second strategy?

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited December 2018
    Options

I don't agree with it either. Doctor didn't need any nerfs at all. NC was part of his offensive build, and now that's gone because the devs still give in to whiny Survivors (I used to use NC on him until I got BBQ but there's a lot of people who still like to use NC on Doc). I hope they like having to go against the gen-stopper builds more often.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Options
    I don't agree with doctor until I see some credentials.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    Nerf the doctor!
    Exterminate! Exterminate!

Sorry.
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    LordGlint said:
    They probably only did this because too many people were comparing snap out of it to mending, and they don't wanna put nurses calling on mending
    100% this. They couldn't justify making mend immune to nurse's because of the doctor so they screwed doc over with his own spikey dildo club to say healing isn't healing