Are you guys exited for today's Event?

I just want my cakes and save them for the future :D

Comments

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Pointless saving them, youd actually get more as well as more bp if you use them.

Using them youd get more bp, more bp means more offerings, more offerings mean more bp etc.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Honestly I am only exited for the cakes because I want to get them as much as I can. But that's it I quess.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

The thing is I allready got all perks on all Killers and some Survivor have also all perks so I want to save it for future Chapter or If I am in need for leveling someone suddenly.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

I am only saying I want the cakes. The event itself is copy pased from last year and its just sad. Without the cakes I wouldn't care at all. I still think this event is so sad considering it is their 5th year which is big number.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Nice. I have tried Detroit on PC but I refund it since it had technical issues a lot for me, but story so far was interesting.

• EntitySpawn

So have I but youd get plenty of offerings if you use them as your get more bp. And if everyone decides to save and not use them then everyone would get little offerings. Last year I ended up with 50 on every character while still using them. My advice is use them and get more, your choice though

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

The cakes are just a band aid Fix to the BP Economy, it doesn't adress the issue at all. I'd rather get rid of the issue than rely on something that happens once a year if it gets to happen this year...

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I never played the OG event and as a new player, I need those blood points just to get a stable perk line up. Or just level the killers I use. I would prefer they fix the performance, but I will settle with an event while I wait.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I would love to play the game but unfortunately the word "optimisation" isn't in BHVRS vocabulary so I'm gonna be limited to playing only survivor and trickster. Deathslinger is unplayable and no other killer is as fun as trickster and slinger for me.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Yeah sure!

Hunting for the crowns again will be fun

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I'm still a slinger main no doubt, just that on ps4 when you ADS the game freezes for about a second guaranteeing you'll miss the shot. This happens every 30 seconds or so.

I've literally just been playing devour hope undying trickster getting cool mori screenshots. If slinger never gets fixed (which hopefully he will get fixed) I'm most certainly gonna move to trickster.

Also slinger is getting a top hat soon and I've already spent WAY too much money on him to drop him easily.

• lemonsway

You're a new player, that's exactly what BHVR wants, people who will ultimatly need and enjoy the event regardless of everything else. This situation excuses the fact that the event is copy paste. I'm not saying it's your fault for being a new player but you can't expect everyone else to excuse BHVR for just copy and pasting something. If you decide to stick around for next yera then you'll see what alot of people are saying it's true, then you realize that players who are already here don't matter, only new comers matter cause new comers means more Money, they'll feel inclined to buy things without knowing that they are being scammed cause the prices of things are super high and since they are new comers they won't know all the issues that plague the game but BHVR doesn't care as long as you are new comer spending money willy-nilly.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yup. BP overload is nice.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I'm not excited at all for the event but the extra bloodpoints are going to be very helpful.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

This is going to be my first time celebrating with DBD.

I'm not excited when it comes to crown or bloodpoints, i want to see better things 😅

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Eh, IMO it should be more. The thing is that it will probably harder for Survivors to gain Cakes, since they get Event Items as well. And I dont really care about those, I would not use them anyway, because whenever I brought an Event Item, the Killer equipped Franklins.

So I am all for Cakes and I want to see huge amounts of Cakes.

Killers will be fine for Cakes tho, last year I pushed my Hag from P3-1 to P3-50 with all Perks and got around 60 Cakes left afterwards...

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Nice. I still have like 15+ cakes on my Nurse or Huntress / Hag since I don't play them offten :D

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742

No. The game is not playable.

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

You can say that about any game. Established players aren’t going to keep the money coming in like new players will. Most games cater to new players and casuals sadly and I really hate to see it. Established players should be much more rewarded, but that’s not where the money is so game developers don’t give two hoots.

• lemonsway

So you're agreeing with me about how there's no way anyone should be excited for the event, even new players cause before the event we are dealing with the usual DbD and BHVR shenanigans. That's my point, there's no way anyone should be excited about the event, not veterans and not new players, new players can't even play what they just payed for... We're all getting scammed.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

I haven’t played in a couple of days to have a break before diving into the event, so yeah I’m reasonably excited

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

Pretty much yeh. As a newer player I’m excited to get more BP but on the flip side of that, I shouldn’t be getting excited for that when the normal amount of BP I get is dire. Seeing it from an older perspective, I’d be mad if the event was the same every year. But then again my main game is destiny 2 so I’m used to event disappointment 🤪 glutton for punishment

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    edited June 2021

The best event they made was Halloween 2018 (?). The first event with event cosmetics to earn for event currency. That was the best event they made. Also the cosmetics were rly good looking and you could unlock like 2 or 3 full outfits or something. Rly cool. I miss these times.

The first Hollow Blight(?).

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

It seems like lots of video game companies have decided it's easier to get new players than to keep the old ones happy. It's a shame but that seems to be the way now.

• zarr
    zarr Member Posts: 934

We get the crowns from last year in a slightly visually changed way and the items from last year with a slightly changed description. Bloodpoint offerings are always nice but as a veteran player I really do not care about BP anymore; I have all perks on all characters I care about and plenty add-ons and items, and even regardless, being able to get there somewhat faster is not all that exciting to begin with. I would be using WGLF and BBQ every game if that were the case, but I am not. Neither are most players for that matter (at least in WGLF's case). Apparently we'll be getting some extra Shards though, that's a little more exciting. Being able to earn Auric Cells would be better of course, maybe enough such that people can buy 1 Auric-only cosmetic.

I like the Wraith cosmetic fairly well, but do not care for the David one at all. Both are obviously nothing too special though, just like last year's Claudette and Slinger ones weren't. Just recolours. I hope the skull on Wraith's weapon will be reminiscent of the skulls they use on their anniversary banners though, that's a pretty cool look.

The crowns should honestly be a special type of charm that can be worn over any head cosmetic, not just the default ones. It's lame and you almost never see the crowns as a result. Hell, they could even have some type of gameplay effect. Both killers and survivors can wear them so it's "fair" in that sense, plus the crowns are actually a detriment to wear because they make you easier to spot (also goes for both roles). At least for the duration of the event it would be cool if wearing a crown would do something. The event items should also have unique effects that really mix up the gameplay, rather than merely special SFX and VFX. The Blight Serum and Refined Serum event add-ons actually did things, I would be more excited for stuff like that. And since only survivors get the event items of course, killers could have a special black-and-gold event totem that spawns as a sixth totem in every trial. It would have some Hex-like effect and survivors would be able to cleanse it just as usual. Simple enough. The crown system could be more exciting too. Make it so the crowns give power-ups when collected in the trial but can be stolen from survivors by the killer and vice versa. Or something of that sort.

So yeah, overall not very excited at all because the "event" for the most part is basically just plain old DbD with a pillar standing around here or a bit of confetti there.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,567

Nope. The last time I got excited for an event I left it disappointed. I want to avoid making the same mistake.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

I don't know what else is happening outside of crowns and BP cakes.

Its 2 weeks long so I'm hoping to accumulate a fair amount of BP.

• razvicool
    razvicool Member Posts: 54

Wow, why is this thread filled to the neck with negativity? Dudes and gals, everyone gets it, it's the big anniversary and we could have bigger party, but it's a party nonetheless. The extra BPs from cakes are not to fix any kind of grind, I don't really get what some of you need so many BPs for. Fully prestige-ing all characters and getting all perks on all characters is not a requirement and while this is the upper limit, you have to get nowhere close to this, basic perks are good enough, you always get some sort of build out of a few pages of bloodweb, you just have to explore and not tunnel vision on your build and I'm saying this so it's more chill for you in the long run.

AAAAAAND yeah, some new stuff in the game, little here little there, but hey it's something to do, just be grateful. The game is not expensive and each chapter it's worth the money for what you get. I'm not saying don't hope for better, don't wish, but don't expect or take for granted.

Happy anniversary and try to have fun.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

Thanks for some positive messenge in these dark DbD times

• Idontknowtbh
    Idontknowtbh Member Posts: 467

Are the cakes out yet?

I haven't found them 😭

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I was excited for the 5th Anniversary (I enjoyed it last year, so I wasn't super bothered by them presumably copy/pasting the same thing again this year)...

...But that was before the RE Chapter and its two subsequent bugfix strangled console performance. The event will not be enjoyable for me because the game itself is not enjoyable to play with all of its massive performance problems.

• EntitySpawn

Dont forget they're more common on killer due to there being less brown items available. They also drop from mystery boxes (3000bp ones), once again more common as killer

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060
    edited June 2021

True.

IMO there should be 2 Cakes per Bloodweb by default and one Spot for a Cake or Event Item on the Survivor Side as well, and for Killer, another Cake (or Event Item, if they get Add Ons, like last Halloween). So each Bloodweb will have either 3 Cakes OR 2 Cakes+1 Event Item for Survivors and 3 Cakes OR 2 Cakes + 1 Event Add On for Killers.

In general Cakes are hopefully more common, since Event Items will pop up anyway when you can do more Bloodwebs due to more Cakes.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Not excited, but i am curious if they'll live up to their own statement of "wanting to make these 2 events (DbD birthday & Halloween) big".

So i'm expecting more than last time, and thus i'll definitely have a certain amount of disappointment if it's the same or less than last time.

On the other hand, i'll be happy if it turns out to be pretty good.

But again: No, i'm not excited.

And not because of them, but because i purposefully don't build up excitement over anything that isn't out yet, whether that's events, DLC, cosmetics, etc.

When something's out and i can see what it actually is, then i'll decide if i'm excited or not.

• Chocolate_Cosmos

This sounds like healthy mindset for anything upcoming, including games, movies, events, etc.

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

This is my first anniversary event and not at all, I'm quite frustrated about the games' state and the kind of gameplay a big part of the community enforces through sweatiness, here's hoping more for fun players come around and we get chill games both as a killer and surv once cakes are out. And by for fun I definetely don't mean farmers.

• cherryblossom
    cherryblossom Member Posts: 34

I thought the event starts tomorrow? Not complaining though

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yeah I'm also waiting to see what comes from that statement and if it has any meaning or just something said to dampen the backlash from last halloween.

There'd have to be something pretty interesting in this event that isn't any of the things currently known about.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

Waiting for the cakes to be bugged and not even show up in the bloodweb only for there to be a fix for it a week later.