Hilbilly is completely broken

Options
Honestly, what do you do against this Killer? 

- Fastest movement speed
- Base 115%
- 1 Hit Downs
- Small recovery on whiffed chainsaw attacks 
- Instant breaking of pallets
- Easy to play 

Every other Killer at Rank 1 I can tolerate. But nothing is more oppressive than a Hilbilly with Hex Ruin and BBQ. Honestly, I nearly just give up once I hear his chainsaw at the start of a game.

And here I am using Pig and Freddy and Doctor. What's the point when there's Billy? 

Comments

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Options
    100% agreed.
    Billy should walk 110% also his hitbox on console is broken af.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
    Options

You literally say that you can handle every killer at Rank1 but Hillbilly so that means that Hillbilly is the ONLY one that give you trouble at RANK 1, that means he's the only one who can STILL BE VIABLE at Rank 1. I saw you play as other killers at Rank 1 so you must know that Gen Rushing is a problem for everyone but Hillbilly and Nurse.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Options

And here I am using Pig and Freddy and Doctor. What's the point when there's Billy? 
    That's what bugged me too. What's the point in me sweating away trying to 4k with other killers when I could just switch to Billy and have 2 people hooked in the first minute? It's ridiculous how powerful he feels compared to other killers.

I hate going against him too. The matching system normally puts in 2 survivors higher skilled than the killer and 2 lower.

Billy will have the less experienced players going down every 30 seconds. It's ridiculous.

Then you see half these noobs needing  NOED on top.
  • Goldengeartwo
    Goldengeartwo Member Posts: 79
    Options
    Nothing but 2 whining survivor mains who aren't good in a chase this does nothing but prove my point anytime a survivor has to get better at something or anything that takes a bit of skill they whine to the devs to nerf it so it's easier how do you expect to get better if you want everything about killer to be weak
    I'm a Killer main. 
  • Goldengeartwo
    Options

You literally say that you can handle every killer at Rank1 but Hillbilly so that means that Hillbilly is the ONLY one that give you trouble at RANK 1, that means he's the only one who can STILL BE VIABLE at Rank 1. I saw you play as other killers at Rank 1 so you must know that Gen Rushing is a problem for everyone but Hillbilly and Nurse.

No, I "literally" said I can tolerate any other Killer. Which doesn't mean I have them off constantly. Hilbilly being oppressively powerful compared to the rest is what it says. 
  • HatCreature
    Options

Have you tried hiding? I'm really good at hiding, once you get caught by the Billy it is over yes so basically your best play is to not get found. Urban Evasion, that new OP Aura perk from Jeff, the damn lockers, not getting found is your best strategy and hurts every single killer in the game.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

billy is not broken.
    the only killer who is broken is the nurse. everyone else is loopable.

but why does billy seem so strong?
    the answer is as simple as its effective: he is a hunter.
    the current meta, i like to call it the "looping meta" is all about the chase, so this is where hunter killers come in handy. billys big strength is the chase, as youve said: insta down + pallet destroyer. but he has counterplay. stealth being the biggest one, however there are perks to overcome this weakness (not completely, but pretty well), such as BBQ & Chili. besides that, you can still loop a billy. use windows as an example. he cant do anything against them and will suffer from the same window loops as wraith does, none of his mechanics help him there. besides that, you can dodge his oneshot by circling around him when he charged up, so he will miss you.
    when the meta changes (if it will ever change), to a stealth meta, billy aint that great anymore. wraith or freddy would be on top then.

• HatCreature
    Options

If anything Hillbilly is a boss battle, something to overcome, a satisfying victory when you defeat that drooling beast with greasy hands.

• azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Hillbilly is probably the most balanced killer in the game. He takes a combination of timing and skill while having to navigate the maps obstacles. If you're complaint is that billys in rank one are too good for you, it's a failing on your team's end. The fact he's the only one that gives you trouble in top tier gameplay attests to all the other killers being under powered.
  • The_Crusader
    Options
    See this is the problem. Killer mains don't want their broken killer nerfed the way survivor mains won't let go of DS so we can never have a balanced game.

They keep begging for balance but balance to them = 4k every game. Every killer needs to be OP like Billy where almost anyone can pick him up and win.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    Billy is one of my favorites to play against. The pressure he can apply lives up to what the game sells itself as. Maybe switch up from the looping all day builds and apply some stealth tactics. Given the fact everything about him is one huge audio Que, you shouldn't get spotted unless your in the open. Hell, just pretend you turned the difficulty up manually to test yourself.
  • Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    Options

I think as a requirement, a survivor main asking for a particular killer to be nerfed, should post a video of them 4k-ing a group of survivors with that said killer, no gate, no hatch and 5 gens still active. THEN and only then will I pay attention. All i know is as a killer main, i still suck a billy and he is supposed to be EZ. (Spirit main, go figure...)

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    edited December 2018
    Options

I think as a requirement, a survivor main asking for a particular killer to be nerfed, should post a video of them 4k-ing a group of survivors with that said killer, no gate, no hatch and 5 gens still active. THEN and only then will I pay attention. All i know is as a killer main, i still suck a billy and he is supposed to be EZ. (Spirit main, go figure...)

and anytime a killer main wants something to be nerfed survivor side should post a video of them running laps around the killer until all 5 gens are done and all totems broken with no injuries and 4 escapes, including one who decides to go for the hatch. 

huh, well... that doesn't seem like it would be a very fair requirement, does it?

(I will agree that I'm not great with billy either, my best seems to be amanda and hag, maybe spirit)
  • Onionthing
    Options

@Avariku said:
    Onionthing said:

and anytime a killer main wants something to be nerfed survivor side should post a video of them running laps around the killer until all 5 gens are done and all totems broken with no injuries and 4 escapes, including one who decides to go for the hatch. 

huh, well... that doesn't seem like it would be a very fair requirement, does it?

(I will agree that I'm not great with billy either, my best seems to be amanda and hag, maybe spirit)

Im down with this honestly ... If something is truly broken it needs to be proven to be truly broken. This is why I don't complain about perks, I complain about jerks (instead.)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Goldengeartwo said:

• Fastest movement speed
    • Base 115%
    • 1 Hit Downs
    • Small recovery on whiffed chainsaw attacks 
    • Instant breaking of pallets
    • Easy to play 

Every other Killer at Rank 1 I can tolerate. But nothing is more oppressive than a Hilbilly with Hex Ruin and BBQ. Honestly, I nearly just give up once I hear his chainsaw at the start of a game.

You can tolerate nurse, but cry about billy?

Must be some playstation beginner survivor, sorry for saying that^^

• Avariku
    Avariku Member Posts: 608
    Options
    @Onionthing Well said... won't argue with you there, but at the same time I don't feel something needs to be broken to THAT extreme of a level to warrant balance changes. 

@Master
    Obviously, yea, Billy is a bigger problem on consoles since Nurse is hard to control compared to mouse/keyboard. 

with that said, Nurse doesn't have an instadown and I'm pretty sure that Billy's movement speed (special) is actually faster than hers over long distances since, without obstruction, he doesn't have a limit on how far he can travel.
  • Goldengeartwo
    Options
    azazer said:
    Hillbilly is probably the most balanced killer in the game. He takes a combination of timing and skill while having to navigate the maps obstacles. If you're complaint is that billys in rank one are too good for you, it's a failing on your team's end. The fact he's the only one that gives you trouble in top tier gameplay attests to all the other killers being under powered.
    He's not the only one that can give me trouble. He's the only one that is unbelievably oppressive. 
  • Goldengeartwo
    Options
    Master said:

@Goldengeartwo said:

• Fastest movement speed
    • Base 115%
    • 1 Hit Downs
    • Easy to play 

You can tolerate nurse, but cry about billy?

Must be some playstation beginner survivor, sorry for saying that^^

I've been Rank 1 with both Killer and Survivors for months, trashy. 
  • Goldengeartwo
    Options

I AM a Killer main. And while it's been a while since I played Billy, I'm very confident I could learn fairly quickly how to play him at an optimal level. If I can do it with weaker, harder Killers like Fredd, Doctor and Pig then I can sure do it with him. 
  • Onionthing
    Options

@Goldengeartwo said:
    Onionthing said:

I AM a Killer main. And while it's been a while since I played Billy, I'm very confident I could learn fairly quickly how to play him at an optimal level. If I can do it with weaker, harder Killers like Fredd, Doctor and Pig then I can sure do it with him. 

Okay(?)

• HatCreature
    Options

Oh I'm on console too, I was wondering why you didn't mention Nurse but it makes sense now. Yeah on console Billy is king and for that reason, I don't think he should be nerfed because while PC has two great or overpowered killers the console has only Billy. Though on console I usually just run into Myers, Wraith, Freddy, and Huntress. As for playing as Billy, damn it's difficult, I can't see how anyone can get those chainsaw hits up close, they just keep juking at the last second.

• Goldengeartwo
    Options

Oh I'm on console too, I was wondering why you didn't mention Nurse but it makes sense now. Yeah on console Billy is king and for that reason, I don't think he should be nerfed because while PC has two great or overpowered killers the console has only Billy. Though on console I usually just run into Myers, Wraith, Freddy, and Huntress. As for playing as Billy, damn it's difficult, I can't see how anyone can get those chainsaw hits up close, they just keep juking at the last second.

Not in my experience. He's easy peasy. 
  • Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Options
    See this is the problem. Killer mains don't want their broken killer nerfed the way survivor mains won't let go of DS so we can never have a balanced game.

They keep begging for balance but balance to them = 4k every game. Every killer needs to be OP like Billy where almost anyone can pick him up and win.
    Cute but no

If Billy is broken I'm the new Pope. The chainsaw require time to charge and I've looped many Billy before, not a big deal it's like looping a trapper. Actually easier since you won't find traps in loops, his insta down isn't that efficient especially in loops, he needs to literally breath on the survivor neck to not miss it

"Anybody can pick him and win" well anybody can pick trapper and win too against bad survivors, doesn't mean trapper is op and I can do this example with Freddy too just saying

Broken killer, let's see the how broken he is :
    Insta down if pulled off chainsaw which slow your movement and be prevented by corners and jukes

115% Ms, loopable as a trapper or wraith really

Good map control, almost as hag and nurse but as nurse some maps are against him. On wide maps he perform pretty well

That's literally it. If this is broken I'm really concerned, now I know why I have always ""special"" survivors as team mates
  • Goldengeartwo
    Options
    He's a god tier Killer. S Tier. And the big difference between him and Nurse is that he's relatively easy to use. 
  • MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options
    Nah. He isn’t broken, he is just one of the more powerful killers. If ANY killers hitbox is broken it would be the Huntress’ hatchets. Those things will land five feet from you and still down you. Billy on the other hand I rarely even get chainsawed. Most resort to M1.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I hate when Billy's use NOED. It's like you have a built in one shot why do you need this?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552
    Options

Billy is the most balanced killer out there.

He is very strong and has lots of potential, but when it comes to looping, him and leatherface is more or less the same (Though billy's chainsaw is much easier than leatherface's despite what people believe).

You have every single tool in your hand, not like when you face the nurse.

Nurse is the only broken killer in the entire game.

One thing is interesting though. A killer like hillbilly doesn't have any kind of weaknesses but wraith can get burned and the legion has 110% ms. Devs' idea of balance is rather different.

• MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

Here is where you're wrong.

The game is not about winning, it's about having fun.

I have a lot of fun playing as wraith and sometimes only getting 1-2 kills. If I'm playing a killer that can 4k every game, I don't have fun.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,907
    Options
    MrMyers said:

@The_Crusader said:

I have a lot of fun playing as wraith and sometimes only getting 1-2 kills. If I'm playing a killer that can 4k every game, I don't have fun.

I wish a majority of people play to have fun. A lot play to win, whether it be an escape or 4K. They aren’t wrong in saying a lot of players want the game balanced around a 4K most of their game, not you in particular but I’ve seen a lot of people ONLY play to get a 4K and not the the enjoyment.
  • godren
    godren Member Posts: 120
    edited December 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    Goldengeartwo said:

That's what bugged me too. What's the point in me sweating away trying to 4k with other killers when I could just switch to Billy and have 2 people hooked in the first minute? It's ridiculous how powerful he feels compared to other killers.

I hate going against him too. The matching system normally puts in 2 survivors higher skilled than the killer and 2 lower.

Billy will have the less experienced players going down every 30 seconds. It's ridiculous.

Then you see half these noobs needing  NOED on top.

so billy is able to take their teammates out in the first minute. well they should learn to play and pallet loop. bad survivors don't make him broken

• godren
    Options

>

and my freddy without perks and addons has killed swf with intsaheals and 4 deceive strikes. sure.. sure...

• The_Crusader
    Options
    @MrMyers

That's you. If that's what you enjoy that's fine. However it doesn't change the fact that yes there are a number of people who judging from thebthings they say, want the game balanced around a 4k.

@godren It kind of does make him broken though. They can learn against other killers. Hard to learn how to play against Billy when people are going down to a chainsaw every 30 seconds.

Lets not pretend a good Billy can't do the same at high rank too. Turn things around in an instant with his speed and instadowns.

There's no reason for Billy to be so much stronger than every other killer. Nurse is her own thing, she's gonna be harder to balance due to her blinks but Billy is easy to compare and he's so much stronger than everyone else.
  • godren
    edited December 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:
    @MrMyers

That's you. If that's what you enjoy that's fine. However it doesn't change the fact that yes there are a number of people who judging from thebthings they say, want the game balanced around a 4k.

@godren It kind of does make him broken though. They can learn against other killers. Hard to learn how to play against Billy when people are going down to a chainsaw every 30 seconds.

Lets not pretend a good Billy can't do the same at high rank too. Turn things around in an instant with his speed and instadowns.

There's no reason for Billy to be so much stronger than every other killer. Nurse is her own thing, she's gonna be harder to balance due to her blinks but Billy is easy to compare and he's so much stronger than everyone else.

so he is broken because of potato survivors a who cannot loop and use windows and insta go down to a chainsaw. yea lets also nerf freddy more because there are still a lot of noobs who cannot play against him. nice logic.

• The_Crusader
    Options
    godren said:

@The_Crusader said:
    @MrMyers

so he is broken because of potato survivors a who cannot loop and use windows and insta go down to a chainsaw. yea lets also nerf freddy more because there are still a lot of noobs who cannot play against him. nice logic.

It's widely agreed that freddy is weak and there are many who argue Billy is OP. So its not just about low ranks.

Again Billy has unlimited speed burst and instadowns with a very forgiving hitbox.....wheres the downsides?

Hes above and beyond any killer than can't teleport.
  • Goldengeartwo
    Options
    godren said:

>

and my freddy without perks and addons has killed swf with intsaheals and 4 deceive strikes. sure.. sure...

I don't care if you don't believe me, just know it's the truth :) 
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options

Hillbilly is strong because back then they tried to make strong killers to play, not "fun" killers to play against.

• godren
    edited December 2018
    Options

@The_Crusader said:

It's widely agreed that freddy is weak and there are many who argue Billy is OP. So its not just about low ranks.

Again Billy has unlimited speed burst and instadowns with a very forgiving hitbox.....wheres the downsides?

Hes above and beyond any killer than can't teleport.

lol whats wrong with speed burst and instadowns? those things are his main tool. it is even said in the game. Yea cd, windows, pallets are not the downsides my ass.

• godren
    Options

@Raptorrotas said:
    Hillbilly is strong because back then they tried to make strong killers to play, not "fun" killers to play against.

yea now they make stupid killers who entartain survivors so their game becomes tom and jerry instead of the horror.

• godren
    Options

@Goldengeartwo said:

without a viable proof or some source i don't belive people.

• The_Crusader
    Options

Lol back when? Back when the other options were Wraith and Trapper and infinites were a thing?
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    100% agreed.
    Billy should walk 110% also his hitbox on console is broken af.
    LOL 
  • Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714
    Options

No. Non-viable weak killers are the ones completely broken.

• Goldengeartwo
    Options
    godren said:

@Goldengeartwo said:

without a viable proof or some source i don't belive people.

Then gee you must be one hell of a guy to know. 
  • MrMyers
    MrMyers Member Posts: 43
    Options

@MegMain98 said:
    MrMyers said:

@The_Crusader said:

I wish a majority of people play to have fun. A lot play to win, whether it be an escape or 4K. They aren’t wrong in saying a lot of players want the game balanced around a 4K most of their game, not you in particular but I’ve seen a lot of people ONLY play to get a 4K and not the the enjoyment.

Thank you.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

@Goldengeartwo said:

• Fastest movement speed
    • Base 115%
    • 1 Hit Downs
    • Easy to play 

He doesn't deserve a nerf of 110% movement speed since he is easy to loop but he should have a lunge nerf since he should rely on his saw.

• Poweas
    Options

@Goldengeartwo said:
    He's a god tier Killer. S Tier. And the big difference between him and Nurse is that he's relatively easy to use. 

Nurse is over 30x stronger then him. I am good at both and trust me there's a massive difference.

• Poweas
    Options

@Raptorrotas said:

Fun killers are better. I prefer ones that are fun to play/ play against like Spirit and Wraith.